Home

ChiCity Soldiers

This is a discussion on ChiCity Soldiers within the SFL Online Franchise forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

OVR: 6
ChiCity Soldiers [Chicago Bears]

Chicago Bears

Season One Record (5-4)
Head Coach - Kamikaze Quazi

Trading Block:
Amobi Okoye
Corey Wootton

Last edited by Quazi; 10-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

Re: ChiCity Soldiers

First year Head Coach Quazi, and new OC Mike Tice are looking forward to a rebirth of the chemistry displayed on the field in Denver between Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall. This move, along with the signing of Michael Bush and draft choice Alshon Jeffery add a much needed punch to an offense that has been mostly average for the past couple decades.

The front office is looking to the underrated and under-appreciated Dane Sanzenbacher to have a break out season with added playing time in his second year in the NFL as their slot receiver.

The resigning of Matt Forte should pay dividends, and finding a solid complimentary back in Bush (pause) should hopefully keep him healthy for the next few years.

Last edited by Quazi; 08-30-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

Noteworthy tweets from the Bears practice facility today:

@KamikazeQuazi: Bears first team offensive line seems very Jekyll and Hyde to say the least...

@BearsNFL: Bears interested in moving rookie WR Alshon Jeffery and package of picks for immediate upgrades on OL and defensive secondary #rumormill

@AdamSchefter: Bears now exploring trades involving all-time great return man Devin Hester #NFL #TradeBlock

Last edited by Quazi; 08-30-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

The Bears are optimistic about their short-term and long-term futures. With a successful 2012 draft, bringing in some young talent on the defensive side of the football, Chicago has a nice young nucleus to build with as Peppers and Israel Idonije are beginning to near the ends of their prime.

The Bears are looking for an instant impact out of their highly touted draft pick, defensive lineman Shea McClellin from Boise State.

Coach Quazi has stated that they are looking for upgrades in the defensive backfield, as well as some young talent at the LB position with worries about the health of aging superstar Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs.

Look for Chicago to actively be shopping in the trade market, and in free agency to find the final few pieces for their team not only for season one of the SFL, but moving forward for years to come as well.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

Urlacher Ready To Go

After some tumultuous times during the offseason and training camp, Brian Urlacher has announced that he will be ready to go this season, after undergoing multiple knee procedures since he sprained his left knee during the final game of the season in 2011.

Urlacher told WFLD-Channel 32's "The Final Word" that even though his left knee "isn't the same anymore" and "will never be the same," he plans to return in time for the regular-season opener.

"I'm playing this season," Urlacher said. "That's a done deal."

"(The left knee) feels much better now," Urlacher said. "I have been running around quite a bit, not with the team in practice, I have been taking it really slow like Coach Smith said we would. Everything they are going to let me do, I'll do. There is going to be some restrictions on what I can do because they don't want to overwork me too early. It's a long season. There will be some restrictions but there won't be restrictions once the regular season kicks off."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

Bears Looking For Carimi To Provide Consistency on O-Line

Surrounding this Bears team going into season one of the SFL, is the Jekyll and Hyde appearance of their offensive line.

Coach Quazi expects a breakout season from their powerful second year RT, Gabe Carimi out of Wisconsin. He seems to be the only player along the front line that does not arrive at the start of the season with question marks looming.

Third year LT J'Marcus Webb has been a major disappointment, and is in a battle with versatile OG/OT Chris Williams for the starting position in training camp.

Veterans Chris Spencer, Roberto Garza, and Lance Louis round out the offensive line however none are guaranteed a starting spot as we have learned that the Bears are beginning to approach teams to improve their OL and bring in young talent. They are willing to part with 2013 and future draft picks along with some other talent and skill players.

With a very talented and young WR core, and one of the best running back / quarterback combos in the NFL, the Bears have a very promising outlook on the offensive side of the football. They will only be as good as the offensive line can maintain the line of scrimmage. So long as this group up front can gel together and improve during the preseason, or some upgrades and trades are made, a Super Bowl run is not out of the question.

More updates as they become available!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

@AdamSchefter: Chicago Bears are currently experimenting with the idea of moving ROLB/DE Lance Briggs back to the defensive line, opposite Peppers

@AdamSchefter: (con't) Israel Idonije would move back to the interior of the defensive line with up and coming DT Eric Melton, 1st Rd McClellin earning reps on end

Last edited by Quazi; 09-07-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quazi's Arena

Davis Standing Out

During the pre-preseason Coach Quazi has been extremely thrilled with all around play of TE Kellen Davis.

"He has definitely exceeded my expectations as a blocker, pass catcher, and dynamic threat that I have always liked on my football teams. It is safe to say that we have found yet another weapon to take some of the heat off of Brandon and Matt."

The Bears are looking for a 1,000 yard season out of the 6'7" TE from Michigan State, who has developed a very strong chemistry with Jay Cutler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online > SFL Online Franchise »