Home

Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

This is a discussion on Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #57
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

IMHO, I really like everything. I hope to god this is a good game, I really hate my PS3. :/
Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #58
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

This is such great news!

It looks as if they kept some semblance of 2k8's pitching controls instead of scrapping them altogether. I'm all for refining them, as long as they offer an option for those who don't want to use it and for those like me, who can't ever go back to button pitching.

Zone hitting - Hooray! 'nuff said.

300 new signature animations - I can't wait to check these out. 2k8 did such a great job with these. I usually go to the "Create Player" function and cycle through all the stances and just laugh out loud at how good a lot of them are.

Real-time Living world - This feature I'm most excited about. I wonder if we'll be able to actually control warm up pitches as in Power Pros. I love that feature.

All in all, this latest update has me pretty optimistic.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #59
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm really excited for 2k9. I'm still on that 2k7 and I've been waiting a while for this. One thing about 2ksports games that is underrated is the signature styles. It makes NBA 2k9 so much more fun, and I expect it to do the same in this game.

And thank God for Blzer for being so smart and being able to explain all of the game's subtleties for us. Yer the man dawg!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #60
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The Show implements this feature very well. I view it as a situational tool and mostly use it for bunting, trying to move runners over and sac flys. Sometimes you do not get the desired result because one of the 3 factors I mentioned do not line up.

It is funny, because most people who use it in the Show do not think it works because they are expecting to see their input show results 100% of the time and it was not designed to be that way.

We just have to wait and see what their interpretation of the tool is.
Exactly! Well put.

If the system is done right, then it's a very useful tool. It also can work against you as if you are always trying to influence flyballs, you will end up with a lot of flyout/popups. It's perfect for bunting (as you mentioned) and also for sac fly situations (you still need the right pitch though).

My only concern is that if 2K makes it too powerful an influence, we might have one more thing adding to the HR fest...lol.

We'll see how it goes. I'd love for it all to come together and produce at least a respectable and solid effort. I miss the days of bouncing between 2 or 3 solid baseball titles...each one giving me something I enjoy.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #61
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I'm not a big fan of zone hitting. I wonder if you'll be able to change hitting and pitching modes. It will be interesting to see what this game looks like.
I was mistaken about zone hitting. I thought that it was aimed hitting (where you put a cursor where you swing the bat-I hate that!). I'm all for zone hitting.

Will the Real-Time World make games take longer? I'm all for shorter games. Hopefully, you can turn certain features off to speed up the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #62
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
And thank God for Blzer for being so smart and being able to explain all of the game's subtleties for us. Yer the man dawg!
I'm just trying to elaborate what they mean, and I'm trying to give examples of what it could mean. I only hope they deliver with the goods while giving us visuals like the Lincecum pic with a smooth framerate and maintain their decent presentation (we still don't know who's in the booth).

I just hope that they do this real time thing well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #63
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not sure if this is the complete list of features, but probably all the notable ones. If so, then it doesn't look like the WBC mode will be offered, or co-op play (like the BIGS), the latter is something I was hoping to have.

Overall I like the list presented, it shows that 2K is refining the game and making the controls better.

The new/upgraded pitching and hitting controls sound interesting and I'm looking forward to finding out more about them.

I also like the sound of the Real-time Living World, it could bring a lot of life to the game and improve the presentation.

Hopefully we don't have to wait until Feb to get some more detailed info on the game. Overall I think the game is sounding pretty good at this point.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #64
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I just hope that they do this real time thing well.
yeah your explanation for that sounds like it could really make this game and break other games. I would love to see a free-flowing game, with guys going to their next destination without cut-scenes or skipping through or load times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »