Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 25
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Letting the "Wildcat" Loose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
DUDE... that's a long time man.. Keep that kinda stuff to yourself. Just bumbed me out.
haha yeah it is a while from now but cum'on EVERY HUGE MADDEN FAN is countn down ..with all the new information being updated and released about the game how could u not count down da days !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #266
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Hope its not an automatic bad ie the hb pass always resulting in a int or reverses that always lose yards.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #267
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Monday blog is up - letting loose the Wildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Hmm...I'm not quite sure what you'd expect..it is after all still a version of Madden NFL.

Can you elaborate more on what you were expecting? Madden NFL 01 through 09 on PS2 move and animate basically the same, as well as NFL 2k2 through NFL 2k5 (and somewhat through APF 2k8)...

I realistically expected much more planting on turns( especially since you said u were trying to trump that 2k8 vid comparison posted ), lumbering players to steer like Mack trucks, and more realistic animations in general. I guess i was hoping for alot more subtle animations also for immersion.

I like most of what i have seen and have no doubt that there is an effort being put forth, i just have to come to grips that you all will do some things great, but the animations will always be 2k's thing.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #268
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm glad some others are seeing it the way I posted. I feel it is super important to overall and gameplay.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 AM   #269
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
What about more lean when players turned the corner? The vid with AP turning the corner looked great than he went straight up and it looked bad.
I think they need to add some type of tilt control to their player models for turning. That's one thing that people are continually calling out. Players turn, but they don't seem to lean or plant their feet properly when doing so.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #270
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18

i guarantee when the game comes out this will be the most over used,most abused formation in the game.majority of online players look for a "cheesing" edge so expect no huddle wildcat formation all game long....i surely hope Ian and co. are digging deep to find potential glitches and counters to this,cause i know people will abuse the heck outta this.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #271
Rookie

SpartanBaller's Arena

OVR: 6
Teams that don't really run the wildcat should have reduced ability to run it when switching playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »