Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

The one thing I miss though is the "do too much" element that was in the game that seems to have been toned down. Still watching the Cavs and Grizz and it's going into OT. Why? Because Lebron was trying to do to much with 16 left on the game clock and lost control of the ball, sorta like Live used to do in the beginning but now it's not quite as punishing.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #98
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
Exactly! You can't take away somebody's ability just because a person decides to abuse it. Any game with skill based ratings will have loopholes such as these, it's unavoidable.

Oh, and for the record, that "other game" had way more unrealistic shooting percentages out of the box, which is why I personally made the switch after almost a decade
But its about how they scored the 3's, Mo williams went 7-7 which is fine But I bet u dollars to donuts that he wasnt full sprint to a spot and shooting 3 balls, he spotted up or got the shot up after a screen...Or caught it after a dribble drive and kick.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #99
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Exactly right man.

When they wanted to...i.e. the hype was big and people were buying, they were all over the place hyping up the first patch and what it would include.

Now that sales are dwindling...the only guys a huge second patch would have helped are the "loyalists". The guys who've bought the game already.

But that wouldn't mean more $$...so there was no point.

LIVE 11 will come out with all this stuff as "new features" etc etc etc.

And the loyal guys will buy it again.

I am not criticing them...it's smart business.

EA has always done this.

IMO a tiny patch after two months is a slap in the face to the fellas who've supported the series. That's my opinion.

2K has built a massive fan base by listening and addressing things pretty much ASAP.

EA has never done that...it's always been "hey, next year!!".

I guess it all depends on how you like to do business. Personally, I'd have ordered a killer patch and said "hey, reward the fellas who have bought it...the feedback and goodwill will give us enough momentum to start a long term base who trust us".

That's not how EA operate though. Look at the amount of hard core ballers on the NCAA forums who have freezing issues...they are just being left stranded. I don't even have the game, but that's a disgrace IMO.

LIVE 10 is a good game, but a really pro-active company would have said "make it great right now" with this patch. A company that's just concerned with next years sales would have said "hold stuff back until 11".

It's up to you as an individual as to how you view these types of "business decisions" (because that's exactly what they are) as to whether this type of think is the right way to go about things or not.

Personally, I'd have had the developers PRIORITISE RIGHT NOW if it meant getting a killer patch out...and I'd spend what ever it takes to fix NCAA and make sure the people who supported my stuff weren't left hung out to dry...

But that's just my way and I'm never been much of a business person LOL
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision

LIVE 10 is a good game, but a really pro-active company would have said "make it great right now" with this patch. A company that's just concerned with next years sales would have said "hold stuff back until 11".

It's up to you as an individual as to how you view these types of "business decisions" (because that's exactly what they are) as to whether this type of think is the right way to go about things or not.

Personally, I'd have had the developers PRIORITISE RIGHT NOW if it meant getting a killer patch out...and I'd spend what ever it takes to fix NCAA and make sure the people who supported my stuff weren't left hung out to dry...

But that's just my way and I'm never been much of a business person LOL
I dont mean to go off topic with you but you do make a good point which highlights the game as more of a business than an art. If the head hanchos at EA knew what fans want theyd fund a full on game fixing patch that addresses all major concerns so that the next 8 months are pure joy. Instead we have to wait until Live 11 as I cannot stomach Live 10 anymore. I hope they take all our amazing input and make Live 11' the real "live is back" game.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
we the nba live community overwhelmingly asked for one thing...no weak treys. you didnt deliver on a golden opportunity to keep the fan base thats holding on to this franchise by a thread.how can you possibly expect fans to go through something this agonizing again.ive already bought 2 b-ball games this year,and i can guarantee it will never happen again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM   #102
Banned

OVR: 12

In case anyone cares, that game I kept referring to during the course of my posts in this thread just ended. The Grizzs beat the Cavs by 2 in OT. 111-109. Grizzs fought hard for that one. I gotta give Live credit, you get that same feeling some games.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by championmvp
we the nba live community overwhelmingly asked for one thing...no weak treys. you didnt deliver on a golden opportunity to keep the fan base thats holding on to this franchise by a thread.how can you possibly expect fans to go through something this agonizing again.ive already bought 2 b-ball games this year,and i can guarantee it will never happen again
so in other words thats it for this year.what am i left to do.go back to the game that i left live for years ago(which is not nearly as fun for me this year) or play a game thats severly flawed and lose to mindless bums.hmm....
Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 7

@ Court Vision alright man we get it.
You hate Live.
2k is God.

Okay. Move on man, jeez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
The one thing I miss though is the "do too much" element that was in the game that seems to have been toned down. Still watching the Cavs and Grizz and it's going into OT. Why? Because Lebron was trying to do to much with 16 left on the game clock and lost control of the ball, sorta like Live used to do in the beginning but now it's not quite as punishing.

This is what I was hoping they brought back most. When the game use to punish you for trying to do too much with the ball especially big men. Last time I played the big man were dribbling the ball up the court again without being stripped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »