Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ? I had a feeling they would just fix the backstep 3 and not the overall of it ....Producers of nba live PLEASE LISTEN TO US , WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT THE EXTRA TIME WHEN WE PLAY ONLINE....We see it all !!!!

Players with good 3pt shots just sprint around to find an open spot and launch 3's....THe corner and top of the arc area are deadly...

How do you defend this ? I have done TIGHT defense , i have manually tried guarding it , have tried R1 , have tried putting my best defender ....THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE between defender and ball handler where gives the ball handler space to shoot the 3 ...I understand if i dont press R1 then i can get in his face but THESE GUYS SPRINT ALL OVER THE COURT to find the right spots and if i hold R1 to keep up with the ball handler , THERE IS THAT MAGNETIC FORCE that doesnt allow me to get close to his face ...

im officially done with this year NBA LIVE and will stick to FIGHT NIGHT ...I am devasted guys because i like this game but this simple fix is still out there ..

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.

Wow!!! So does it mean that the 3 pt cheese is still in the game???

Also I have a question... Is the Versus Ranked Match and Sim Lobby are on All-Star Difficulty??? If yes I think the Devs should raise it to Superstar difficulty. Maybe the Superstar difficulty can help minimize or solve the problem. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #122
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumamae_33
Wow!!! So does it mean that the 3 pt cheese is still in the game???

Also I have a question... Is the Versus Ranked Match and Sim Lobby are on All-Star Difficulty??? If yes I think the Devs should raise it to Superstar difficulty. Maybe the Superstar difficulty can help minimize or solve the problem. lol.
Nobody knows because they still haven't officially said what was fixed. We've gotten some here and there stuff but, nothing from EA at all.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Sorry...I didn't know you were talking about online play...what should the developers do to control how human beings make decisions? What should happen so that a human player can't make Mo Williams run around and launch 3's? What happens in 2k10 differently?
simple ... the defender shall shadow him everywhere he goes by holding R1 but when he stops sprinting from side to side and is about to shoot , thats when the game shall make our defender get up close at him and have an effect on his shot by automatically contesting it when the shot goes up since its very hard to know when teh ball handler is about to release for a shot.

Since the ball handler will have a defender right in his face, it makes him have to use his other players and pass the ball or drive and kick out like real NBA . MO williams gets open shots from LEBRON driving to the basket and kicking out to him which i dont have a problem with that .
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #124
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
BACKFLUSH , care to answer ? I had a feeling they would just fix the backstep 3 and not the overall of it ....Producers of nba live PLEASE LISTEN TO US , WE ARE THE ONES THAT PUT THE EXTRA TIME WHEN WE PLAY ONLINE....We see it all !!!!

Players with good 3pt shots just sprint around to find an open spot and launch 3's....THe corner and top of the arc area are deadly...

How do you defend this ? I have done TIGHT defense , i have manually tried guarding it , have tried R1 , have tried putting my best defender ....THERE IS A MAGNETIC FORCE between defender and ball handler where gives the ball handler space to shoot the 3 ...I understand if i dont press R1 then i can get in his face but THESE GUYS SPRINT ALL OVER THE COURT to find the right spots and if i hold R1 to keep up with the ball handler , THERE IS THAT MAGNETIC FORCE that doesnt allow me to get close to his face ...

im officially done with this year NBA LIVE and will stick to FIGHT NIGHT ...I am devasted guys because i like this game but this simple fix is still out there ..

BACKFLUSH and EA SPORTS PRODUCERS lied to us.
Name calling only makes u look like a child...Knock it off..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #125
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Name calling only makes u look like a child...Knock it off..
I just noticed that. Come on main, if you want to be taken seriously you have to act like it. Calling people names is going to get your post breezed over.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 10

I'm not understanding the whole "run around and launch threes" issue.

Anybody can do that. I can go out and play with all my buddies and do that.

You can do that on the "other" game. You could do that on Live 8. Again, anyone can do that.

BUT, are you saying they're making a higher percentage than normal? If THAT'S the case, then, yes, we could have a problem.

Just cause someone shoots 30 3pters, that itself is not the game's fault. That's just dumb opponents.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:28 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have a question again for those who already have the patch. Is the fatigue now a factor online? I mean did your players get tired and force you to make some substitutions?
Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #128
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Just cause someone shoots 30 3pters, that itself is not the game's fault. That's just dumb opponents.
I think the problem was that if the players were doing so from "certain spots" on the floor, i guess their "dna spots", then they'd be hitting 20 odd of those 30 shots regardless of having 2 defenders in their face.

Personally, I think you're just better off playing a friend or someone you know will play correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »