Home

Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

I had read a twitter post that Ian had posted and he said something to the effect of he wants to let the game speak for itself this year instead of him touting the game like he did on twitter. So take that for what it's worth.

Honestly, I think the whole Madden dev team is more interested in soccer instead of real football.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #98
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Real-Time Physics and More with Ian Cummings (GoMadden)

Why soccer?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #99
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38

Honestly, I think the whole Madden dev team is more interested in soccer instead of real football.
So, people are suppose to eat, drink and sleep 24/7 their work.

I don't buy it.

I don't bring my work home with me, good or bad, and neither does my wife.

Twitter is just a social media outlet. The World Cup just finished. I know a lot of people, including myself watch the final game.

Aaron Rodgers was watcher the soccer matches and commenting on them. Does this mean he like soccer more than football?

I guess soccer isn't considered "a real sport" still by some people.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM   #100
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, people are suppose to eat, drink and sleep 24/7 their work.

I don't buy it.

I don't bring my work home with me, good or bad, and neither does my wife.

Twitter is just a social media outlet. The World Cup just finished. I know a lot of people, including myself watch the final game.

Aaron Rodgers was watcher the soccer matches and commenting on them. Does this mean he like soccer more than football?

I guess soccer isn't considered "a real sport" still by some people.

No, Soccer is definitely a real sport. It's just a woman's sport. Just Kidding lol.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
Nobody said he wasn't satisfied with his job. He probably loves being a lead designer. The claim was that he wasn't satisfied with the overall progress of M11. It seems like Ian is no longer gushing about the features of Madden like he was during M07-M10, which may indicate that he's not exactly enthusiastic about the overall game. Because after all, M11's feature-set is pretty stale - Locomotion and Gameflow. Not to mention the exclusion of Franchise upgrades.

Of course, we're just guessing, but it's not completely unlikely.
I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that he believes Madden to be a smashing success and that it's the greatest football game ever made. Same with most of their development team. I don't believe for a second that they think there is much of anything wrong with Madden or its direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #102
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
funny, i thought soccer is the 'real futbol'

silly me
Old 07-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #103
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
"Other" games will always be a part of the discussion as long as Tiburon continues the approach they take. There are countless times Tiburon says or insinuates something can't be done, only to see another game [essentially] do it with far less resources and development time. Which makes people wonder what would occur if the odds were even. If not for exclusivity, I'm sure we wouldn't be hearing this casual/cautious approach to pushing forward with much-needed innovation. You can see how people have been conditioned in this very thread - some are expecting BB or even APF to be in their first years what Madden isn't in it's 5th or 6th yr of development. If Madden were actually held to a standard of what it should be, rather than people being thankful it isn't as bad as it was, we might see significant improvement. Until then they're going to remain protected by exclusivity because there simply aren't any other options.
Yeeeeaaaahhhhh Boooyyyy!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 16

I have a lot of respect for Ian. I was totally encouraged by his approach to the community during the development of Madden 10. However, in this interview when he says...

The hardware currently would have real problems with this amount of calculation

...I wholeheartedly disagree. Maybe I'm too passionate about Madden but hearing him say that got under my skin.

Perhaps it may be too much of a problem to incorporate a physics solution into their structure at Tiburon...but essentially throwing 360 and PS3 under the bus as being supposedly "not awesome enough" is downright wrong.

Perhaps I've been mislead, but the 'common gamer knowledge' says the full depth of processing power from this generation of consoles still hasn't been pushed to full potential. And I find it hard to believe that Madden is too much of a technical challenge for the industry, given that Backbreaker is able to do it, right now, at 60 frames per second.

I think this interview has had the effect of making me much more skeptical about the future of the series rather than optimistic.

-SeventhWard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »