Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #193
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

a big problem for me is i find that Mcfadden who is my 95 speed RB can never seem to beat a 70 speed D-Lineman to the outside.. i always get run down.

that is another big issue for me in the running game that needs to be fixed
Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 5

Passing is a bit too easy now once you get used to Lead Passing. I'm currently up 31-10 on the NE Milita at half time with the Indy Spartans. 17/24 for 325 Yards, 4 TD and an INT (pick 6.)
Old 08-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #195
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

What's this game like, post-patch, with the NFL rosters? Do you feel the player individuality? Do you notice when you've got someone like Ray-Ray, Ed Reed, or Peyton Manning on the field? Does the CPU offer fun/competitive games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #196
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
What's this game like, post-patch, with the NFL rosters? Do you feel the player individuality? Do you notice when you've got someone like Ray-Ray, Ed Reed, or Peyton Manning on the field? Does the CPU offer fun/competitive games?
That is a big no. I wish, but everyone feels a like.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #197
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I still can't get over why/how they neutered the run-game.

For this particular game, running the ball is at it's core with all the hits and interaction. For me in most games I'm most satisfied with a nice long pass, but in this game busting out a good run feels the most gratifying.

I want them to do a minor patch to improve blocking at the line during a run.

I had a game yesterday on pro-med, and got a 3.3 yard per rush performance, but that is the highest in 5 games this season. And I feel like I'm almost seeing MORE 'friendly fire' post-patch.

I think they have to make tweaks globally and can't just do it for certain positions or something like that.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #198
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I still can't get over why/how they neutered the run-game.

For this particular game, running the ball is at it's core with all the hits and interaction. For me in most games I'm most satisfied with a nice long pass, but in this game busting out a good run feels the most gratifying.

I want them to do a minor patch to improve blocking at the line during a run.

I had a game yesterday on pro-med, and got a 3.3 yard per rush performance, but that is the highest in 5 games this season. And I feel like I'm almost seeing MORE 'friendly fire' post-patch.

I think they have to make tweaks globally and can't just do it for certain positions or something like that.
I know bro. I had a game the other night. 15 rush att, 0.3 yards per carry. I had a total of like 5 yards rushing LOL. Most I think I have rushed for since the patch has been around 40 yards
Old 08-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #199
MVP

There is a little trick to running. 1 is knowing which direction you are suppose to move the L-stick when running non-aggressive/aggressive(It changes your turn rate and which direction you need to be pushing the stick)

2. Is doing as Todd mentioned on the forums. Dont touch the stick at all until you see the hole then cut in that direction. After a while practicing you will know when to cut and how to once you understand how to manipulate your RB in his different modes of running.

How many of you know that on a Toss right, pushing right on the L-stick is NOT the direction you should be pressing ? Pressing UP makes him run parallel to the LOS to get to the outside. Non aggressive roll of the L-stick to the left will make him turn slowly up the field, aggressive turn will make him turn upfield almost immediately.

The camera angles on Toss plays differ from inside runs so you have to move the L-stick in different directions. Once you get it down you will be getting your 100 yards rushing(with a good back) just playing 3 min quarters.

The game has one of the biggest learning curves I have ever seen in a sports game. Once you get it you will enjoy the game more.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #200
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I know bro. I had a game the other night. 15 rush att, 0.3 yards per carry. I had a total of like 5 yards rushing LOL. Most I think I have rushed for since the patch has been around 40 yards

I made a post in the backbreaker forums about how the devs need to inform the community how the attributes work with each position so people can start making rosters that give each player a very distinct feeling.

Until this is understood, the game is gonna have a very vanilla tone to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »