Home

MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2011, 01:25 PM   #145
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved

Yup, season mode never ends. I am an AVID season mode player, and I can never stop playing it. In MLB 09 The Show, my Indians franchise went to the year 2075 I believe. In MLB 10 The Show, my current Pirates franchise is in 2047. So yea...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #146
Rookie

IAHawks1903's Arena

Re: MLB 11 The Show: Franchise Trade and Off Season Logic Has Been Massively Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
Yup, season mode never ends. I am an AVID season mode player, and I can never stop playing it. In MLB 09 The Show, my Indians franchise went to the year 2075 I believe. In MLB 10 The Show, my current Pirates franchise is in 2047. So yea...
Do players not age? How do new players get created if they do?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #147
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHawks1903
Do players not age? How do new players get created if they do?
Players age and retire. Usually the last real players retire by 2030 or before. Through the draft, is how new players join the league. So past 2030, the whole league is made-up players.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:47 PM   #148
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
Has this been fixed? Another solution would be to cut down the # of rounds. It was increase from 5 to 10, but really without reason. I'd be happy with 4-5 rounds plus compensation picks if the draft didn't end early because of a shortage of draft-eligible players...
What does this mean? The draft will be 10 rounds for next season?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #149
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

The draft in MLB '10 was 10 rounds, but there were never enough prospects to get past, say, round 7.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
Players age and retire. Usually the last real players retire by 2030 or before. Through the draft, is how new players join the league. So past 2030, the whole league is made-up players.
So what are the differences between this and franchise mode though? I thought Knight had said there is no minor leagues? Is that true? So players go straight from draft to the ML?

What else is different from season mode to franchise? Why do you play it instead of franchise?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #151
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Season mode doesn't have any front-office stuff. I play season mode because I use classic rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
So what are the differences between this and franchise mode though? I thought Knight had said there is no minor leagues? Is that true? So players go straight from draft to the ML?

What else is different from season mode to franchise? Why do you play it instead of franchise?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #152
Banned

OVR: 8

For MLB 11 can we change franchise length and innings length this year like we can in season mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »