Home

NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon

This is a discussion on NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More Soon within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #25
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More So

Sure it's nice to see some of the greats in there, but honestly this doesn't do much for me at all.

This announcement is the least bit of game-changing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NHL 12 Video - Legends Trailer: Gretzky, Bourque and Chelios Revealed - 6 More So

Why only 9? Seems a little half-assed to me.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
Rookie

DeconstruKt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Legend Mode Feature Details

•Legends are Back: In NHL®12 the greatest NHL players of all-time are finally back on the ice. You can now play with, as or against your favorite NHL Legends. You can even add Legends to your favorite team and see how the players of today stack up against the all-time greats.

•All-Legend Team: The greatest team to ever set foot on the ice. The All-New Legend Team is made up of NHL Legends and today's superstars. If you are feeling up to the challenge match up your favorite team against the Legends and see if you have what it takes to beat the greatest.

•Be a Legend: We have revamped our Be a Pro mode where you can now play as an NHL Legend and break legendary milestones to earn legendary status. Achieve these milestones and try to break your favorite legends historic records. You can even unlock legend videos – hosted by Wayne Gretzky - and relive some of their greatest moments.

•Legends in Hockey Ultimate Team: For the first time in Hockey Ultimate Team you can now earn Legendary Cards and play as a NHL Legend where you can take your team to greatness. Find these rare legend cards and create your ultimate dream team to give your team a huge advantage over the competition and dominate online.

Taken from HFboards..

The new Legends mode is pretty much be a pro mode.. nothing new.

gg EA
Old 08-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #28
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeconstruKt
Taken from HFboards..

The new Legends mode is pretty much be a pro mode.. nothing new.

gg EA
Yeah... I just read the blog post in regards to this legends stuff. I hope it's good for some fans, but it's absolutely useless for me.

I assume there will be an option to NOT include them in BAGM. At least I really hope that's the case...

What a waste of resources.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

And bourque never wore that style bruins jersey
Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #30
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife

I assume there will be an option to NOT include them in BAGM. At least I really hope that's the case...
I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't an option.

I suppose anythings possible. But I gotta assume [ya I know, dangerous] that they must understand many of us wouldn't want the Legends in our GM modes. I sure wouldn't want to be forced to use them, either.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10

For the Be A Legend mode is it is you picking a legend like Gretzky and starting as a rookie on the Oilers and going through onto the Kings and Blues and Rangers or no? I'm confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #32
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Too much hype = big disappointment.

Having only 9 legends is worthless, as far as I'm concerned. They needed to have at least 40 (two teams' worth) to justify the hype.

NHL has been a great series, but I think it's hit the wall. It's maximized its capabilities on this gen's consoles and isn't going to get appreciably better or be able to add a ground-breaking feature. That's why it's so hard for EA's marketers to come up with new ideas to get you to buy basically the same game year after year.

For NHL 13, I anticipate they'll include NCAA teams as their "big, new feature.'' That's fine and dandy, but there's so little interest in college hockey that I don't anticipate it'll do much for the series.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »