Home

MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #137
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 12 The Show Franchise Mode Improvements

Legionnaire and nomo....two excellent posts on the potential/progression aspect of the game.
Good ideas and yes...a consistency attribute would be a good one IMO.

I think what we all would like is something that Legion alluded to.....give us a real reason to look at and watch over our minor leagues. Auto-pilot is a very good way to put it. I think we would ALL like it to be more dynamic in many ways.
Another thing would be adding coaches/managers to the minors and really have them have some sort of influence on their progression.
Just another reason also, that I would really like to have all attributes and potential as an option...to be hidden in franchise. I want to go off of what I see in regards to stats......and my coaching/scouting reports.

Pared....

I don't mean the content and even layout of those screens.....that definitely is something I'm very interested in.
I was referring to the colors...fonts....etc in terms of actual "look" that doesn't grab me.

But then again...when it does look really good....I'm happy!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #138
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharist79
Thanks so much for this thread, it is very informative and I appreciate the open and honest communication that is clearly present on OS. I have two questions: Did SCEA properly adjust someone like Gabby Sanchez Hot/Cold Zones because last year his Hitters Zones vs. RHP/LHP were all Blue, and there are others players that need to be updated. (Not to many, maybe 30 or 40 players) My second question is did they fix the logic in SportCast Manager or did they leave this mode untouched for MLB 12:The Show? Thanks everyone for your kindness and patience
The hot/cold zones are supposed be dynamic(in season)...so I'm not sure if they start them in accordance with previous production or just have them start "random". Good question.
SC manager is the same.
Can you tell me what you would like to see in it?...I'll get that into the list I'm sending to the team.
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
There are alot more stats this year. RISP, VSL, VSR etc.....tons that you can access anywhere you can highlight a player.

Edit: Those are just a few of the new ones!!
So there's more stats, but are they presented/organized better so that I don't have to constantly scroll several pages? That's always been an area I felt needed much improvement.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #140
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
So there's more stats, but are they presented/organized better so that I don't have to constantly scroll several pages? That's always been an area I felt needed much improvement.
Those stats(on the STATISTICS page) are the same....yes...the one you have to scroll for three days to the right.
I guess what they could do is try and use tabs for the different categories. I could definitely suggest that. Would make easier reading.

He's talking about on the player cared....I think it's flip the card...then tab it twice for two pages of stats.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #141
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
As an Angels fan I'd just like to point out that that is the worst trade I've ever seen (W. Rodriguez for Trumbo and Conger), never would happen in a million years, pending some extreme circumstances. And believe me, I know (from what my team has done before) what terrible trades look like (ex: Vernon Wells for Juan Rivera AND Mike Napoli, just Juan for Vernon would be good enough, Napoli was too much for that trade).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #142
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougars
Wait... will Trout be considered a prospect still do you think? I'd guess so.
He's still considered a prospect by MLB Network, and was #3 on the top 100 Prospects list, so yeah, I'd figure him still to be a prospect.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #143
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox

agreed.
instead of the long scroll to the right to see the stats, how bout using the triggers?
have a set amount on the screen, click r2 to see the next set.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #144
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggoud
As an Angels fan I'd just like to point out that that is the worst trade I've ever seen (W. Rodriguez for Trumbo and Conger), never would happen in a million years, pending some extreme circumstances. And believe me, I know (from what my team has done before) what terrible trades look like (ex: Vernon Wells for Juan Rivera AND Mike Napoli, just Juan for Vernon would be good enough, Napoli was too much for that trade).
So your favorite team, the Angels, has made terrible trades in the past and you are using that as a baseline for saying that the Angels making terrible trades in the Show is unrealistic?

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »