Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #41
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
At this time I can only comment on the kinect features. Swings don't match one to one so it looks odd but I'm getting the correct distances. Trying to aim shot is where it becomes bad for me. It doesn't follow my closed fist actions and move the cursor. I end up using the controller to aim.

Also the menus are a little difficult with kinect as well. I'm gonna have to play a few more holes with the controller to give my feedback on the game itself. I don't think I'll be using the kinect gimmick when this game is released. I have the season pass so I'll get it 3 days early.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #42
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This game just seems so boring and lifeless to me. I thought adding the Masters last year would mean EA would try to focus on immersing the user into actually feeling like they're playing a tournament, but it still feels like as someone else has said on occasion, you're playing against a spreadsheet out there.

Not to take the fun out of it for anyone else, but for me personally I can't get into this series anymore until some big steps, like the ability to play with a playing partner (or even just the flashing score updates that were there in TW 10 yet somehow disappeared), realistic TV presentation and commentary, etc are made. And seeing as how they haven't even discussed Career Mode yet from what I've seen, I'm not holding out hope for that. Seems like they're veering towards online modes over offline modes, which is fine since every other game is doing the same, but not for me with this game since I mainly play it offline.

PSN: dsavbeast
Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #43
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
This game just seems so boring and lifeless to me. I thought adding the Masters last year would mean EA would try to focus on immersing the user into actually feeling like they're playing a tournament, but it still feels like as someone else has said on occasion, you're playing against a spreadsheet out there.

Not to take the fun out of it for anyone else, but for me personally I can't get into this series anymore until some big steps, like the ability to play with a playing partner (or even just the flashing score updates that were there in TW 10 yet somehow disappeared), realistic TV presentation and commentary, etc are made. And seeing as how they haven't even discussed Career Mode yet from what I've seen, I'm not holding out hope for that. Seems like they're veering towards online modes over offline modes, which is fine since every other game is doing the same, but not for me with this game since I mainly play it offline.
Just to be fair, we have no idea what the full game will have. You cannot judge the features you desire on a 6 hole demo. I doubt highly that you will be able to play with anyone during your career... (for me..simply awful feature.. I hate playing a game where I have to wait half the time..) It may have playoff holes and real time tracking as it has not been discussed by developers yet.. Im sure people will post about it when the full game arrives....
Old 03-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #44
Rookie

OhTheBagger's Arena

OVR: 2

Im loving the demo. Graphically its the best looking tiger woods yet. I love the kinect controls, just gotta get use to them a bit more.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #45
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Just to be fair, we have no idea what the full game will have. You cannot judge the features you desire on a 6 hole demo. I doubt highly that you will be able to play with anyone during your career... (for me..simply awful feature.. I hate playing a game where I have to wait half the time..) It may have playoff holes and real time tracking as it has not been discussed by developers yet.. Im sure people will post about it when the full game arrives....
Knowing EA usually when they aren't releasing info it's because they didn't work on it or there isn't much change. It seems this year they're focusing on the Online Country Clubs and the Tiger Challenge, and Career Mode offline will be relatively unchanged. I say that because just like in other EA games, they'll work on a feature one year and overhaul it, then leave it untouched on the next year while moving on to another 'new' feature. Last year they improved Career Mode, which I'll give them credit for, but it still felt lacking and not nearly as immersive as it should be. I was hoping they'd continue to improve on the strides they made in that mode, but that seems not to be the case. Though if I'm wrong I'm sure Divot will come in as usual and shout me down.

The ability to play with a playing partner, even if only for the final round, would be a cool OPTION (note I say option, so that those like you who aren't interested can turn it off) to have and add to the immersion factor that is missing. I know Divot's going to come in and talk about the logistics of it and how they couldn't get every real golfer's likeness in, but they could also go the route that TS4 went and have fake players to complete the field for those players that wouldn't agree to be in the game. That way you could still have playing partners. But that's probably a pipe dream.

I'm probably the wrong guy to speak on this anyways, TW12 left me with a bad taste in my mouth due to the forced caddy option and lack of ability to turn off the putting circle. I still had some fun with it, but not as much as in past years. I won't be buying TW13, since as others have said it's usually good to buy EA games bi-yearly.

PSN: dsavbeast

Last edited by rangerrick012; 03-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #46
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Knowing EA usually when they aren't releasing info it's because they didn't work on it or there isn't much change. It seems this year they're focusing on the Online Country Clubs and the Tiger Challenge, and Career Mode offline will be relatively unchanged. I say that because just like in other EA games, they'll work on a feature one year and overhaul it, then leave it untouched on the next year while moving on to another 'new' feature. Last year they improved Career Mode, which I'll give them credit for, but it still felt lacking and not nearly as immersive as it should be. I was hoping they'd continue to improve on the strides they made in that mode, but that seems not to be the case. Though if I'm wrong I'm sure Divot will come in as usual and shout me down.

The ability to play with a playing partner, even if only for the final round, would be a cool OPTION (note I say option, so that those like you who aren't interested can turn it off) to have and add to the immersion factor that is missing. I know Divot's going to come in and talk about the logistics of it and how they couldn't get every real golfer's likeness in, but they could also go the route that TS4 went and have fake players to complete the field for those players that wouldn't agree to be in the game. That way you could still have playing partners. But that's probably a pipe dream.

I'm probably the wrong guy to speak on this anyways, TW12 left me with a bad taste in my mouth due to the forced caddy option and lack of ability to turn off the putting circle. I still had some fun with it, but not as much as in past years. I won't be buying TW13, since as others have said it's usually good to buy EA games bi-yearly.
I agree, even if we only saw their shot via a shot path (red line showing shot shape and finishing spot). Same for a playoff. We need something to see what our playing partners are doing.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

does anybody know with the Kinect if you can actually swing a real club and will it register? or do you have to just swing with nothing in your hands? thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have found when useing the knect you have to say full shot
or your swing does not match your swing when you are on the tee
on the fairway its fine
Darrin

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »