Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #137
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

I like it personally. Doesn't the icons "lighting up" just mean they will be looking for the ball and not that they are open?

To me it adds to the game. I can't see all the receivers "heads" to see if they are looking for the ball and this is a good replacment IMO.

It isn't telling you when to throw etc.. it simply is saying when they are looking.

Unless I'm totally missing something.

in any case.. I like it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #138
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I like it personally. Doesn't the icons "lighting up" just mean they will be looking for the ball and not that they are open?

To me it adds to the game. I can't see all the receivers "heads" to see if they are looking for the ball and this is a good replacment IMO.

It isn't telling you when to throw etc.. it simply is saying when they are looking.

Unless I'm totally missing something.

in any case.. I like it.
You got it exactly right. I don't get what the problem is.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #139
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
You got it exactly right. I don't get what the problem is.
Think about like this, in real life a QB has to know the play well enough to be aware of when a receiver should be expecting the ball or not, they do not necessarily have a "tell"/visual indicator.

Some people would like to have an option to turn off the visual aid/"tell", not the feature, for when a receiver is expecting the ball, to better simulate real life.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

Maybe it's going to work differently on different levels, but from what I've seen, this looks like training wheels to me. "Throw the ball when the icon lights up for proper timing." If that's the case, I'm with Jarrodd on this one. I don't like it. I can figure out the timing myself.
That is all I'm saying.. I don't want it on during my game.. I like the CHALLENGE of scanning the field myself and finding the open WR who has turned his head around.. I don't need an icon to tell me that. All they have to do is make this an option so it won't be any problems.. It's the easiest thing they can do so everyone can be happy.. Some guys want it on and some guys don't...
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #141
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Think about like this, in real life a QB has to know the play well enough to be aware of when a receiver should be expecting the ball or not, they do not necessarily have a "tell"/visual indicator.

Some people would like to have an option to turn off the visual aid/"tell", not the feature, for when a receiver is expecting the ball, to better simulate real life.
The icons don't mean they are expecting the ball. It means they are looking so they aren't telling you really anything.
I would agree if the icons said when they were open etc..
You have to remember this is a video game trying to copy a "real world" experience on field with quick repsonses "visually".

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #142
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

But in real life they don't have icons above their receivers heads either, lol. The icons will be there regardless. Am I missing some aid that will be there? I don't get what people are wanting to turn off. It's not like they start flashing or pulsating or is anything distracting. It's the same exact thing except some receivers icons are dim. You can still throw the ball to them.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #143
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The icons don't mean they are expecting the ball. It means they are looking so they aren't telling you really anything.
I would agree if the icons said when they were open etc..
You have to remember this is a video game trying to copy a "real world" experience on field with quick repsonses "visually".
Ok, so according to bold, why shouldn't people that want to, have an option to turn the VISUALS off then?

I really don't see what the issue is with people asking for that option. This same thing seems to happen when someone says they would like an option to hide OVR and other people chime in that OVR doesn't matter.

Cool then, there shouldn't be any confusion about why some people want an option to hide something that is no benefit to them, when displayed.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #144
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
But in real life they don't have icons above their receivers heads either, lol. The icons will be there regardless. Am I missing some aid that will be there? I don't get what people are wanting to turn off. It's not like they start flashing or pulsating or is anything distracting. It's the same exact thing except some receivers icons are dim. You can still throw the ball to them.
LOL. Are you guys being serious or just finding something to discuss until the next playbook drops? lol

What people are asking for is not the "deep" or strange, imo. Some people responded this same way when I mentioned commentators changing clothes, which prompted the hyperbole in my sig.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »