Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #161
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Then the video with the devolopers have them being wrong. They specifically said it DOESN'T mean they are open but rather looking...

So yes if it means they are open ...i hate it.
If its just they are looking then I'm fine with itZ
The developers are right -- it doesn't mean the receivers are open.

I think Sen Palmer may have misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that the icons are not an indicator as to when to throw the ball. That's why I mentioned for some routes, you can pass the ball while the icon is still faded out b/c by the time the ball gets there, the receiver will have gotten his head around. That's what I meant by anticipation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #162
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
That is all I'm saying.. I don't want it on during my game.. I like the CHALLENGE of scanning the field myself and finding the open WR who has turned his head around.. I don't need an icon to tell me that. All they have to do is make this an option so it won't be any problems.. It's the easiest thing they can do so everyone can be happy.. Some guys want it on and some guys don't...
The icon doesn't tell you that the receiver is open. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand. With that said, I'm one that is all for options so hopefully people who don't want to use it can turn it off.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #163
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I like this idea, I would rock with it.
Me too! Just to make sure we ar all on same page..
I'd love no icons.. I'd love no ratings (every year I ask about this as I'd love to have preseason and combines mean more. Like picking certain players each day to focus on at combine etc...)
I also would love a throw to anywhere option instead of icon passing(lol i originally said pitching)..

We all want te same level of realism and no aids. I was just simply saying I dont think the icon fade was as big an aid, if any as being thought.

I also wont be happy until we can somehow(rosters and stats) print or save out a text file to print...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 04-30-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #164
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I think you are over estimating the amount of affect this is going to have.
In fact it may make it harder for those not actually looking for the best option.

We're talking 2 maybe 3 seconds to make a decision... How many players who arent paying attention will just fire to a icon thats not faded instead of waiting for the better option about to break open....?
It doesnt seem to be nearly the "aid" I think you think it is.

But yes options are good....
I just want the option because I won't be using it and I will master my timing on every route like I do every year without the icon lighting up to let me know the WRs head is turned. That's all I'm asking for.. I want to find the WRs who get there heads turned around on my own without any help. I'm not your average gamer.. I'm motivated for the the challenge..
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #165
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
That's the thing though, it's not actually a cue to throw the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The developers are right -- it doesn't mean the receivers are open.

I think Sen Palmer may have misunderstood my post. I was suggesting that the icons are not an indicator as to when to throw the ball. That's why I mentioned for some routes, you can pass the ball while the icon is still faded out b/c by the time the ball gets there, the receiver will have gotten his head around. That's what I meant by anticipation.
I didn't misunderstand. I might not have expressed it clearly in my second post. I didn't mean to imply the icon lights up to signal an open receiver. I was saying that the icon doesn't light up when the receiver is looking at the QB as people seem to be thinking. From what I've seen, it looks like an aide to indicate the ideal time to let the ball go on timing routes.

On that TD play (Steelers vs. Bengals) the receiver to the right of the screen in the slot runs a deep hook. His icon lights up before he is looking at the QB, but at the exact point in the route I would usually let that ball go to complete it so that when he turns around the ball would be there.

That's what I mean by visual cues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I'm not saying the WRs are open but it makes it easier on the USER locate the WRs who got there heads turned.. I like the challenge of finding the WRs on my own instead of an icon telling me the WRs are looking for the ball.. But the simple solution is to have this as an option.. That's all I'm asking for..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
The icon doesn't tell you that the receiver is open. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand. With that said, I'm one that is all for options so hopefully people who don't want to use it can turn it off.

You must have skipped by this post..
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #167
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I like this idea, I would rock with it.
Off topic but did anyone ever use the VMU on Dreamcast for the NFL2k series?

It was a memory card with a tiny screen that could be plugged into a designated spot in the controller. Anyway, when playing NFL2k, it allowed you to display your plays on the VMU screen, with only the name of the play, no playart. It was a good way to keep the game play screen clear, prevent someone right next to you from seeing your playcall and it forced me to learn my plays pregame because I couldn't see the playart in game.

220px-Sega-Dreamcast-Cont-n-VMU.jpg

It was so much fun and it really added to the immersion for me. I just wish Madden had more options to provide added realistic challenge for those that want that. I want more than just the challenge of beating my opponent, I want the personal challenge of learning curves at various levels. /flashback
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #168
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I just want the option because I won't be using it and I will master my timing on every route like I do every year without the icon lighting up to let me know the WRs head is turned. That's all I'm asking for.. I want to find the WRs who get there heads turned around on my own without any help. I'm not your average gamer.. I'm motivated for the the challenge..
This is no way makes it easier. Looking back does not mean that's the best option to throw to.
So being an "average" gamer has zero to do with it.
Most of us are serious about wanting a challenging game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »