Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #185
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

After watching this, I'm really on the fence about NCAA 13. Not that I think the game looks bad. The new passing looks good, etc. But I don't know. When I watched the video, there were things in the defense that made me say "...really?" and nothing that really made me say "oh wow!"

Not a bad looking game by any stretch of the mind. But if I'm going to buy a football game this year, I think I might stick with Madden and skip NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #186
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
After watching this, I'm really on the fence about NCAA 13. Not that I think the game looks bad. The new passing looks good, etc. But I don't know. When I watched the video, there were things in the defense that made me say "...really?" and nothing that really made me say "oh wow!"

Not a bad looking game by any stretch of the mind. But if I'm going to buy a football game this year, I think I might stick with Madden and skip NCAA.
I agree 100%. Just to think I just put up an interest thread for my league on another forum -- might have to take that down and change it to a Madden league
Old 05-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #187
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

Hard to believe i'm looking to a college football game. Grand Slam Tennis 2 has a louder crowd !!!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #188
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Seeing as how EA is touting Read and React Defense this year you would think keeping things like this from happening is paramount. And you would especially think they wouldn't show a clip that shows how lost the defenders are.

I really really hope this is adjusted. Seeing the DB's get lost and not playing the ball, and being able to throw on them all day because of that pretty much makes me not want to play the game.
The one thing I saw that I did like was that defenders in zone (the D was in zone on every pass in the video) were running with WR's crossing through their zone. You could see it a few times on the slot receivers.

Unfortunately, I think this is what is causing the problems on the plays I pointed out. On the TD, the defender out of position looked like he was trying to run with the WR through his zone, but he simply never released him. He should have had a deep third coverage and would have backpedaled straight back, not even playing attention to that WR running what was an underneath.

On the automotion Drive play, I just can't even come up with an explanation. Like, everything about it is wrong. Not only was the left CB running with the WR, he was running well ahead of the WR. And then the right CB, I don't even know. He sprinted from numbers to hash, froze covering nothing and then sprinted away from the ball as it was thrown.

Is this the read and react system we're getting because that was the most buggy, glitch infested set of defensive clips I've ever seen in a football game. Those plays were truly in line with the option glitch from last year, that bad.

It should also be noted on that same play that the RB was assigned to a blue route, a delayed release into the flat. Neither of which he actually did. He released immediately and he hooked. Had he kept running, he would have run to the area the glitched out LCB should have been and it would have been a walk in touchdown.

EDIT: I tried going second by second through that play to see if there is something I missed or maybe the play call really had those guys assigned to a man while there were hook zones in the middle, but nope. That was straight Cover 2 zone and the guys in flat zones glitched out.

Last edited by PowerofRed25; 05-18-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #189
Banned

tlew09's Arena

OVR: 0
The more I think about it, the more I think EA is just trying to win us over.
They show us 💩 looking videos just a few months before release, so we'll be freaking out.
Then the game comes out, and EA bats their eyes and says "Oh, we worked extra-extra hard until it was perfect."

Then we buy the game and its great. They look like geniuses and win back their once loyal fan base.

It's like starting a fire in your neighbors house just to rescue him. Just to make yourself look good.
:P
Old 05-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #190
Rookie

walker131's Arena

OVR: 5
they must be using 12's player models/ equipment and things. I thought they got rid of the predator dreads? The new nike cleats will be in the game right?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #191
Pro

OVR: 6

guys its a gameplay video.

Dnt put too much stock in it EITHER WAY..Download the demo in a month or so and play it

If you like it, buy it

If you dont, dont buy it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im 28 yrs old, very mild mannered and ive never met Ben Haumiller, but i want to punch him in the face. College football is my favorite sport and i feel he has single handedly ruined my gaming experience for the last 4-5 years now. Thats how frustrated i am with this crew currently working on the ncaa football series. This video of NCAA 13 looks exactly like 12. The crowd did look a little better but that was it. This is what i noticed....

Crowd is still quiet: USC Oregon is a rivalry game. Once USC got inside the redzone the crowd shouldve been rockin. On that corner route, we should be hearing the anticipation of the home fans waiting for the reciever to come down with the ball.

Passing trajectories: really? Where were they? Everything was a bullet. Lets go back to that TD pass. Matt Barkley wouldve led the reciever, lofting the ball to the corner away from the defender. Last year i could do this by holding the left trigger even though, EA brass claimed this was a placebo. L2 allowed good qbs to "drop it in the bucket" and triggered more aggressive catch animations from wrs. Not to mention, on that TD, the DB didnt even make a play for the ball, even though he was in zone coverage facing toward the QB the whole time. What happened to the read-n-react system? Could he at least make an effort EA? Put his hands up perhaps in a failed attepmt to swat at the ball. Is that asking too much?

Still no double team blocking: im tired of watching the center stand there by his lonesome not even sticking a hand out to aide the left or right guard who is engaged with a defender. What the ****? This is basic football. If your on the oline, i dont care if the defense rushes 3 guys, every lineman should be engaged with a defender at some point on every play. Weve been asking for this for years now.

I like the in game studio updates and i like the changes they said they made to dynasty mode (if they work as intended) but this gameplay is garbage (*sigh* again). Weve been playing the same crap game for 3 years now and i for one am tired of it. I dont produce video games but for someone who grew up with a football in his crib, comes from a football family, and played WR in college i know football when i see it; this isnt it. This is the same recycled BS as last year. Looks like ill be playing Ncaa 07 for another year. At least things make sense in that game. Players dont skate around and DBs react to the ball in the air.

Last edited by iCebErgSLiM369; 05-18-2012 at 03:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »