Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #193
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - Oregon vs. USC - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
guys its a gameplay video.

Dnt put too much stock in it EITHER WAY..Download the demo in a month or so and play it

If you like it, buy it

If you dont, dont buy it
Yes, it is a gameplay video... that shows glitched out gameplay. This was video was so bad I cannot believe it was actually posted by EA, which usually is like the Allied Mail Censors during WWII with the way they cherry pick their video clips.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #194
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Yes, it is a gameplay video... that shows glitched out gameplay. This was video was so bad I cannot believe it was actually posted by EA, which usually is like the Allied Mail Censors during WWII with the way they cherry pick their video clips.
But what are you going to do about it?

play the demo and if you like it buy it...If you dont speak with your wallet.

After some time if EA just keeps producing lackluster product after lackluster product (and that time is VERY CLOSE) than EA will have burned too many bridges with their customers and their sales will take a hit and it wont bounce back no matter what.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:17 AM   #195
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
But what are you going to do about it?

play the demo and if you like it buy it...If you dont speak with your wallet.

After some time if EA just keeps producing lackluster product after lackluster product (and that time is VERY CLOSE) than EA will have burned too many bridges with their customers and their sales will take a hit and it wont bounce back no matter what.
How many years are we going to say this? Because I know this community has said this exact same thing for years and guess what, not only have no changes been made but EA's sales have gone up. The fact of the matter is, what this community has to say has very little to do with EA's bottom line.

Every last one of us could boycott and not even touch the game and it would matter so incredibly little to EA that I doubt they'd notice a few thousand copies weren't sold.

So what we CAN do is find the problems and let them know about it. It hasn't done a whole lot of good in the past but some things have been addressed because of feedback from this niche of players.

But there is something seriously wrong when EA posts a video that very clearly has a gameplay glitch in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #196
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

3:28 Look at the DE-T Interaction on the left side. We need more of this.

4:00 Cb should be making play on that ball.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 0

As the years have progressed, the team has become aware that the commentary engine we were using was handcuffing us from a technological standpoint with regards to accomplishing our commentary goals. The first exciting step we made this year was to move away from our old commentary engine, and move to an engine that was pioneered by our friends up at EAC. The key advantage to the new system is that it allows our commentary to recognize past events via statistical analysis, and then is able to reference them at any time during the game. In previous years, we were working with a very linear system that was limited to addressing only certain plays from the immediate past.. So they are supposed to be using a new commentary engine, no evidence of it in this video, so maybe this is not showing the new commentary?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:09 AM   #198
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

Got a little itch of anticipation about this game yesterday looking at some of the updates. It was nowhere near enough to consider buying it, but they at least got me to look.

Then they go and release this gameplay vid and I'm reminded of how big a pile of trash this is.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #199
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
As the years have progressed, the team has become aware that the commentary engine we were using was handcuffing us from a technological standpoint with regards to accomplishing our commentary goals. The first exciting step we made this year was to move away from our old commentary engine, and move to an engine that was pioneered by our friends up at EAC. The key advantage to the new system is that it allows our commentary to recognize past events via statistical analysis, and then is able to reference them at any time during the game. In previous years, we were working with a very linear system that was limited to addressing only certain plays from the immediate past.. So they are supposed to be using a new commentary engine, no evidence of it in this video, so maybe this is not showing the new commentary?
I'm going to hold off on judgement as this seems to be a very old build of the game. This quoted paragraph right here lets you know that the commentary in this video is no where near what we're going to get. Just standby.

Steve, why would you post this video brother lol?!! Especially on OS, you HAD to know this **** was going to get railed lol. As soon as I started the video, I said uh oh its a wrap. It does look exactly like 12 man. I hope they're keeping the good **** on ice for now because that really wasn't impressive at all.

Oh, excuse me but I must comment on the players still moving around like mindless androids inbetween plays. I hope they've done something about that. That animation where the players bump into each other and move to the side is not really appealing.

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 05-18-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #200
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

if you listen at about the 2:39-40 mark right smack dab in the middle of the home teams opening drive in the first quarter against a bitter conference rival you can hear someone in the crowd go.."whooohooo!!" --and it seemingly echoes throughout the stadium ...this is because the stadium is about as loud as a funeral and you could hear a pin drop...now, for a dev team that is boasting much improved atmosphere and crowd noise ummm not a good sign... i think EA thinks we are all stupid or something i for one am sick and tired of all the fluff they better be holding out on us that all i got to say..but before i go i will say this if that clip shows anything close to the final build of the game that ncaa 13 dev team GOTS TO GO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »