Home

2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This is a discussion on 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #65
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by G5XL
Really 2k? How about some gameplay?
You think 2K released this story?

And there is gameplay out there. See the main sub-forum page.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #66
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Sorry but the worst NBA player is still better than the best WNBA player. Men play with a bigger ball than women, men play a more physical game than women, men play longer seasons than women. A woman would not make it through an NBA season at a more productive rate than the worst NBA player. So just because a girl can hit a few jump shots or have some nice moves against other women, does not mean she could do that with a Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Tim Duncan, Derrick Rose, etc. on the court against them.

It'd be nothing more than a circus, a show to generate attention. Sorry but that's the truth.
Did you read what I said? At what point did I say worst NBA player isn't better than the best WNBA player? What point did I say men aren't more physical? I specifically mentioned sexual dimorphism but I guess that went over your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Its not about orientation or race for me. Its about gender. I believe there is too much room for scandal. Granted there are women that can probably measure up in the nba, but I'm not sure that's a good idea. Think of the camaraderie of a team if a woman and a man were on the same team and involved in a relationship around the same time they get knocked out of the playoffs. It wouldn't look good for the league, it wouldn't look good for the players and the fans will **** on them.
What? Are you going to ban gay players as well because they "might have a relationship"? How about friendships? Should you ban those too? Ugh. Are you implying players can't be professional about their jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I find whenever they bring up women in leagues to be an ultimate cop out. Feminists trying to make everything equal. Everything isn't equal. That's not how life works. Men are better in some sports then women and women are better in some sports than men. I don't think a solution to better a league is to say, hey I think we should add men(/women) to our league.
Again, you must have completely missed my post. I don't understand why you're quoting me, nothing I said has anything to do with what you said. The reason why only men play in the NBA is and should be that there are no women good enough, not that they've been banned from the league.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
You think 2K released this story?

And there is gameplay out there. See the main sub-forum page.
Lol. Knew somebody would take the bait. It was sarcasm buddy.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I don't think having name guys make things authentic. Having guys sound like real sportscasters (because they are) and bring the right delivery and energy makes things sound authentic. I'd rather have Bruce say something that sounds right rather than Barkley mumble the same something the 50th time.

I love Jalen Rose but he doesn't give the same energy as an announcer/half time breakdown guy. I'm not sure how it would sound. In my head it doesn't sound great. I find ESPN's halftime underwhelming.

Also Kellogg is a real commentator. He's announced for the Pacers. Just because you might not have heard of him doesn't mean he's not a "real announcer". Focus on the delivery, not the name. If you have issues with Clark's delivery, that's a different story. I remember when Kenny Smith did color for 2K. His name didn't make the game sound much better than Kellogg. I remember him being a little underwhelming.

Jim Barnett is considered one of the best color guys in the league. You've probably never heard of him. But if anyone says he's not "real" but Magic Johnson is, I will stab them in the face.

I'd love to have Webber in Kellogg's place though. Big name guy AND a good color guy. And inching our way to a full TNT staff.
you made some great points. Clark kellogg, I have a problem with because of his delivery cause of his tone and his nonchalant commentary. I also find his voice to be very annoying. Someone mentioned Chris Weber as a replacement. That would be nice addition. As for halftime voice guy, I would love if they use the nba.com guy ( I have to find a clip) or ernie johnson rendered and giving highlights ala chris berman.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
What kind of a stupid attitude is that women shouldn't be allowed to play? Sounds as stupid as not allowing players by skin color. If someone has the ability to play at the NBA level, why would you ban teams from signing them? Sexual dimorphism in humans makes it unlikely that top leagues in any sport will have female players but there's absolutely no reason to ban them.

Damon Bruce seems to make the same idiotic arguments. He seems to think that most female announcers are incompetent and no rules should be ever changed to be "less manly" by which he means that rookie hazing should include death threats and extortion of money and if you don't allow that then you've "feminized" sports. For a guy who makes his money by his speaking abilities he does seem to have a way of putting his foot in his mouth. And what makes him such an expert in sports when all he's ever done is broadcasting?
Comparing skin color to gender? No...

What's next, women fighting men in the UFC? I've heard of this nonsense before at a Boxing/MMA gym I trained at, where we had tournaments and the best boxer among the girls wanted to face the best guy in her weight class. Her "I can hang with the men", got her skull absolutely rocked inside the ring (I was forced by the owner of the gym to ring the bell early before the 1st round was even over, as the fight was called off). Sorry, but when it comes to Boxing/MMA/Football, they have no business competing against men.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #70
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161

What's next, women fighting men in the UFC? I've heard of this nonsense before at a Boxing/MMA gym I trained at, where we had tournaments and the best boxer among the girls wanted to face the best guy in her weight class. Her "I can hang with the men", got her skull absolutely rocked inside the ring (I was forced by the owner of the gym to ring the bell early before the 1st round was even over, as the fight was called off). Sorry, but when it comes to Boxing/MMA/Football, they have no business competing against men.
I disagree. If a woman wants to test her luck against a man then let her.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #71
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161

Another reply from someone who severely missed the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Another reply from someone who severely missed the point.
Not exactly. You need to reread what you posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »