Home

NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, PS4. Post your Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #49
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Are headbands fixed? This is my only gripe. If I see Melo or LeBron without a headband in MyGM, I will trade it in for The Show.

Is it confirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Operation Sports in the year 2014.
It's the important things! Lol!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #50
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Gotta argee with most of what you're saying. I hate to bring this up but remember the days before patches? When the game you bought was the game you had no matter what issues it had. I don't know if I'm lucky and haven't encountered any of these game breaking bugs or if they just aren't as major as some people have made them out to be but I have been enjoying the game since I got it. When it comes to in game gameplay I have no complaints (in terms of bugs, there's always room for improvement in terms of gameplay).

You made a valuable point in reminding people that this was a launch game for a new generation of console and it was not a direct port. 2k was ambitious and changed up their two biggest game modes and added a whole new online mode, as well as really upping the graphics and gameplay. While there are certaintly issues with the game its in a good position to be a great game for 2k15. All they need to do is fix the bugs and then make some all around improvements and it will be a fantastic game.

My biggest problem with the complaints is that some people make it seem like 2k is purposely sabotaging the game. As if they wanted to release a game with bugs instead of releasing a great product. The problem with being a launch title for new systems is that there is a time constraint and its unfamilar technology. Give them time if you aren't satisfied with the game then give the game up and wait until next year.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0
What a joke 2k... Can anyone tell me what I missed...? My player is STILL rated 25 overall.... When are they gonna put a patch out for that...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #52
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K14: Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One, Soon for PS4. Post your Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Guys...this is a "new" generation. I've always experienced things like this with especially new generation "launch games". So if this year's game is a bit jacked up,etc,etc...so be it.

Like another poster said above...some of you guys are just plain spoiled and whiny like a girl. (no offense) ..just keeping it real, folks. I mean really...do you not care how some of you are behaving like spoiled rotten women? Granted..some of you just want a great playing game..heck we ll do but given the circumstances of this new generation ..we need to be a bit more patient for NBA2k next gen to come into its own in the next year or two.

Over the years 2k has delivered pretty good B-Ball games and for them to drop the ball on a "launch year" of new generation of consoles, I can be a bit more forgiving. I guess i just sense a bunch of spoiled people that are not looking at the whole picture here. Just about ALL launch games on both X1 and PS4 had a boat load of bugs or visuals were greatly lackluster.

The one thing i noticed with a all launch games was that either the dev's ported over the exact same assets from last gen and did very little to gameplay (madden and DR3 for example) or dev's put in a ton of work into the visuals but did little to make the game play great (Killzone, NBA2k) for examples...although i still gotta give 2k a bit more credit because not only did they bring over brand new engine and visuals but also added to the gameplay in more aspects than other developers have with these next generation launch games but 2k just happened to drop the ball on a lot of bugs and flaws with this years edition of NBA2k.

So you know what guys...especially you cry babies whining about missing clothing accessories,etc with some players and teams....stop it! just stop the crying, some of you so called "men" are worse than my ex-girlfriend that i had to drop like a bad habit because she was nothing but a complaining B.I.T.C.H. if you get my drift.

Chill out and just remember 2k will redeem itself next year now that they will have more time Some of you guys forget that 2k did not get their full year of development time as per usual. Not only that but having to deal with two new consoles on top of it that have slightly different power performances with PS4 being a fairly more powerful machine..If you guys know anything about game development...I guarantee you would be a bit more forgiving towards 2Ksports here.
Love the satire...

Why would anyone who is rational defend this game? I understand constructive criticism is the preferred course of action, but people are just venting from how poorly 2k has handled this.

Honestly, I am more annoyed by people such as yourself attempting to persuade the masses they are out of order or just expecting too much.

When I look at OS, I see a website full of devoted sports gaming fans. What does this mean? It means that many of us have purchased this game for years, some even dating back to NBA 2k's inception (myself included). I am sure this site has numerous members who have spent over $500 dollars on 2k games alone.

Which brings me to my next point...

The reason so many of us are upset with 2k...

Next Gen 2k struggles in nearly aspect of the game. These aspects include game modes, game play (many seem mesmerized by the graphics and are letting this cloud their judgement), options, etc. The most frustrating part with all of these problems, 2k doesn't seem to care (response time). The only priority of 2k, was ensuring VC was working properly.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #53
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

My 3 MyCareer files got corrupted a week before Christmas...gonna dl this update and see if it's fixed..

Too bad it's been stuck on "Installing... 98%" for like 10 minutes.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 10

Questioning someone's manhood definitely seems a bit over the top but whatever...this is probably one of the poorest efforts ever. My problem is the way 2k handled the situation. Blowing up the social media with the hype train and then disappeared when the issues surfaced. I don't even play all the modes on the game but just from reading about the issues I would be pretty pissed myself. And not being able to do local saves when 2k is KNOWN for their terrible servers was just brilliant.

I do understand this is a launch title but they are already going backwards. This game DID NOT play this way at launch. The game was incredibly different and now it seems it has reverted back to the same crap that plagued last gen. I'm wondering if I deleted all the patches if it will go back to the gameplay on release date. Call me crazy but again I say this game played WAY better on release date.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #55
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Well hey, what do you know. Still doesn't freakin work.

I'm gonna go beat the hell outta my punching bag for a little bit then write back to 2K after I calmed down. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #56
Rookie

I started up my PS$ & 2k began downloading something its 2GBs of data hope its not patch #3 again, cause patch #4 didnt have much 2 it so I don't think it will be 2GBs. But I'm downloading something it maybe patch #4. Is anyone else getting the same message?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »