Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #49
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene, Face Scan and More! (Video)

Never played MyCareer before but I may give it a try when I'm not playing MyGM and MyLeague
Old 09-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #50
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Just a reminder, folks...

When did Linsanity start?

That's right--February 2012.

For an undrafted player, this is realistic.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #51
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Hope you can skip the cutscenes this year.

Starting in January is good though, the NBA season is way too long. Hope you can also drop in to games like you can in MyGM or MyLeague so you can actually play with 10-12 minute quarters to have stats compareable to real life yet don't have to play much longer than with shorters quarter length.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #52
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

I can dig...im liking the idea of going undrafted and finally another voice for your character besides "Drake" lol
Old 09-22-2014, 04:55 PM   #53
Banned

Klayups's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
I would have liked the storyline better for being undrafted if they had you work through summer league and training camp to make a team and if you don't D-League it is for you. Would have been much better to me than starting the season in January.
I can see them going this route next year.

MyCareer is really turning into a "game within a game."

In order to keep it fresh and interesting each year they'll take you through multiple different storylines for how someone could possibly join the league and become a star player. (Think GTA, it was a different story every game, but really the same game mechanics.)

Look at players like Monta ellis, who was a highly touted high school player who was a second round pick, Anthony Morrow who was undrafted and got in the league through playing in Summer League. The various D League players who have found spots on rosters, etc etc...

I actually like the way they are going about this whole MyCareer thing, although I understand why other people may not like it.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #54
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Also, I like the option of experiencing Free Agency and taking my Talents To South Beach or LA or NYC. I'd like to experience virtually what LeBron, Carmelo, and D12 experienced!
Old 09-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #55
Rookie

.....I still don't understand why its so hard to get realistic hairstyles.....like seriously 2k. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 05:00 PM   #56
Rookie

i'm not really liking this so far, but i wasn't expecting to. I skipped 2k14 and still play 2k13 almost every day. As cool as MyCareer can be i've always had too many issues with it, such as being forced to play all the key games, coach playing you out of position and too many/too few minutes, no sliders, never get injured, and now storylines etc.

What i've been doing is creating my guy and starting him off at whatever ovr i want with high potential and then adding sig skills when appropriate and signing him for cheap to the team of my choosing and controling all 30 teams. That way you can make sure the league and player movement stays realistic.

I play with player lock on and then sub in and out whenever i think i should and just put it on coach mode. I'll play 5 regular season games each season of my choosing and then sim the rest besides playing all playoff games if my team made it. the no coach mode made me skip 2k14, i really hope that's back this year because the MyLeague looks awesome and i can't wait to play this way again with all the new features for this mode looks awesome!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »