Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:19 AM   #185
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Here people are grabbing anything that gives them hope and in this case this guy is not telling the truth. Between being badly misinformed or lying he falls moreso to lying to me.

Its all of you guys who want to swallow it up (not saying its you but whomever it is in here)

What you want to do is guard against that kind of stuff in the community. Whomever this company is has gained some attention but also have created a crapstorm of disappointment and angst if its not what you're wanting at this point.
I just don't see it as being that serious though and don't really get what's different from this happening for other games. We on OS speculate all the time about this or that and at the end of the day, no one is any worse for wear.

That said, maybe from a Mods POV it's different because as a general poster that's been around through plenty game disappointments on this forum when things didn't turn out the way one hopes, I haven't seen things get out of hand due to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:31 AM   #186
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
Football is a game of chess....some games just CANT be duplicated on a cellphone or tablet. If i have to explain this your way younger than i am.
Computers have been beating humans in chess - not metaphorically speaking, but actual board-game chess - since at least 1997 and processors today are orders of magnitude than the 120MHz / 11 GFLOPS (estimated) core of Deep Blue which famously beat Gary Kasparov. For example, the Apple A8 chip - the metaphorical brain of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus - puts out an estimated 175 GFLOPS with a 1.4GHz chip. Your phone's brain is more powerful than that of a 1990s supercomputer which beat a world-renowned chess Grandmaster, and by an order of magnitude at that.

Further, no sane video game developer is going to run a brute force search of a solution space at gameplay runtime, which is what Deep Blue was doing to determine the most optimal moves with which to beat Kasparov.

With each passing month, computing power on mobile is becoming less and less of a problem, and even as complex as it is relative to other sports, football isn't rocket science. Getting a passable implementation on mobile isn't the issue any more or less than getting any other 3D game on mobile is. Heck, Nvidia just this evening announced a new micro tablet which can run Crysis - the technically-demanding game franchise people use to benchmark their gaming PCs - at 30 frames per second using a system powered by their new Tegra X1 mobile chip.

There's absolutely nothing stopping Joe Montana Football 16 from being a mobile game - and only a mobile game.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 03-04-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar, fatigue
Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 AM   #187
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I know I've been a little negative about this, but I really do hope this is legit. I would buy an Xbox One for it if it was a good game.
I'm basically in the same boat. I'm all for more football games, but I'm not going to get my hopes up on account of ghost stories. Show me something.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:41 AM   #188
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Just out of curiosity, to anyone that's in this thread, who still thinks JM 16 is likely only a mobile game?

I ask because, even though I agree we don't know much, I can't see based on what little info that has been gleaned, why people would think believing this game is beyond mobile would be conjecture. Imo, it's the opposite, it seems more of a stretch to believe this game will be mobile only.

I'm referring to actual info from those affiliated with creating JM16, not that controversial post or any other assumptions.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:51 AM   #189
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFootballSF
I'm sorry, but I can't sit by and watch this any longer.

I love and respect a number of people working on this game and having met the man and hung around him a number of times I have a profound respect for Mr. Montana. He's just a great person. But I disagree with how they're dealing with the public and how they plan to continue to do so. You just have no idea how long they're planning to drag even basic info out.

I'm not on the team and I'm not under an NDA so I'm not under any obligation to keep anything I know a secret. There are some things going on that gamers need to know about now, and the way they've planned to do these things just isn't reasonable. What I'm about to tell you are things they literally only plan to tell you about 3-4 weeks before release and I'm sorry, you don't deserve to be strung along like that.

I know you won't believe me, but I can assure you this is accurate, and in time you will see these truths unfold. I feel you need to know so you can prepare as a gamer (save up money, make arrangements and plans, etc).

- First and foremost, this game will be for XBOX One and PC only. This is why they haven't mentioned platforms. They're taking early advantage of the Windows 10 cross-plat tech and the game will be out as part of 10's 3-month launch cycle in the middle of this year.

So now that you know, you can make plans to purchase an XBOX One or Windows 10 if you don't have one of them already.

- The game is called Joe Montana NFL Football 16. This is an NFL game. First-party stipulations that the NFL has always left open & the NFL's exclusive relationship with Microsoft allows for Microsoft to have an NFL game. Microsoft Studios is the publisher. Microsoft is deadly serious about gaining ground and winning the console war (doubtful to happen at this point though) and throwing tons of money at incubation and trying to buy new IP that they can turn into big series' titles is top priority for them right now. They believe this game can be many times bigger than MLB The Show due to the larger NFL fanbase, and because so many XBOX One owners identify as serious NFL fans.

- The game was demoed and it went well. Actually, "well" is an understatement. People went crazy. NDA's were and still are in place for them. That's why you haven't heard anyone saying anything, but a lot of people are having a very hard time because what they seen was unbelievable and it's been impossible to go back to Madden or even take Madden seriously after that. It's like, how you felt when you had an NES and you saw Sega Genesis for the first time. The step up in quality is THAT big.

- They put those things up on artforgames in hopes that you would find it, especially the NFL stuff. It took a little longer than initially thought, but you found them eventually, and when they saw you found it they took it all down just as they did when they realized people found their job posting last year. They already had their team in place, the posting was a bone. All of this has been staged well.

- They're not asking for ideas because it's an NFL game and they don't feel there is a lot of room for the type of creativity you'd need in an unlicensed game. When they first started out before iMFL they were considering a non-NFL licensed game and were going to approach dealing with the community differently with polls, a message board, etc. but things changed once NFL was confirmed.

- 2K is involved. Should be obvious from some tweets/re-tweets and comments both Joe Montana and Damon Grow have made. Some tech and manpower was purchased from 2K and is deeply incorporated into this game.

- The franchise mode will be able to be managed on mobile devices and it's really deep.

- The iMFL app was never meant to be released. Its entire production was a prototyping run for its franchise mode and management system with the intent of using it in Joe Montana NFL Football 16. Even the TechCrunch interview was part of the staging. It was brilliant. Everybody bought the staging. So, don't wait for that app, it's never coming.

- There are a few important modes. One is a story mode and it's pretty cool. Think NBA 2K My Player. That's what you're getting.

-The graphics, animations and AI are all obscenely good and modern. It looks like a game that was built for this new generation, not just a port over from last generation with a ton of sloppy tweaks. The animations are easily the most crisp of any sports game ever made. Comparing the animations to Madden, it's going make Madden look like a PS1 game by comparison. This is going to be embarrassing for EA Tiburon, like The Show Vs MLB 2K and NBA 2K vs NBA Live embarrassing.

- Expect Joe Montana NFL Football 16 out in Mid-late July.

I apologize to the team making this game and to Mr. Montana, but I feel that with just 4 months until release and a reveal schedule that really just strings everybody along unnecessarily, it was only right to tell people the truth so they can be prepared with enough time to act. Again, I'm deeply sorry but I know I'm doing the right thing.
It's hard to believe the NFL would let another company start making an NFL game due to their exclusive license with EA, but everything you said seems possible, but its still hard to believe at this point. That would be great if the Joe Montana football devs were able to accomplish more with this game than EA has the last 10 years with madden

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2015, 05:58 AM   #190
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27

In that recently discovered post from last year by Joseph Harford about creating the NFL stadium environments, he did mention he was utilizing unreal engine 4. Damon mentioned something about unreal engine 4 on twitter

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gman 18; 03-04-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #191

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

It just hit me, what if this "Dez Bryant video" is actually some sort of ad for this game? Or even better gameplay footage? Maybe Dez Bryant is one of the main people promoting the game. Maybe the reason Adam Schefter hasn't found any footage is because he's on a NDA. What if Adam Schefter is in the game as a reporter in their franchise mode?

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 06:48 AM   #192
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just out of curiosity, to anyone that's in this thread, who still thinks JM 16 is likely only a mobile game?

I ask because, even though I agree we don't know much, I can't see based on what little info that has been gleaned, why people would think believing this game is beyond mobile would be conjecture. Imo, it's the opposite, it seems more of a stretch to believe this game will be mobile only.

I'm referring to actual info from those affiliated with creating JM16, not that controversial post or any other assumptions.
I'm going on Grow's prior experience and background. He hasn't stepped outside the mobile gaming area.

It doesn't bother me if people feel opposite of I how I feel.

Also, Big, as far as the other question you had, I don't really think OS wants the reputation of the likes of a Chris Broussard, ie....confidential sources or random posters flying out of thin air and propagating something that can't be backed up at this point.

Last edited by roadman; 03-04-2015 at 07:12 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »