Home

25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

This is a discussion on 25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #17
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 25 Things To Know About Madden NFL 16’s Franchise Mode (Game Informer)

Thank you EA for saving me 65 bucks-
No one button 32 team control and No editable draft classes means I won't buy!
Good to know early though!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #18
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerat
is the 175 points available the total for the whole season or is that just what the user had at that moment?
I'm just looking at the screenshot, so I'd say at the moment. We don't know at what point of the season it was taken or how many scouting points are distributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I can't remember the last time I made it through a season to the draft in madden, but you only get to fully scout 8 players? Is that typical for the draft? That's sounds ridiculously low. If you draft 24th over all, it's possible you would have to do your entire draft picking players knowing nothing on them. This sounds terrible to me.
CM Hooe answered this, but yeah...without knowing when exactly the screenshot was taken in terms of the season, there's no way to answer this for sure. I was speaking purely on what was in the screenshot at that point on time.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 PM   #19
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'm just looking at the screenshot, so I'd say at the moment. We don't know at what point of the season it was taken or how many scouting points are distributed.

CM Hooe answered this, but yeah...without knowing when exactly the screenshot was taken in terms of the season, there's no way to answer this for sure. I was speaking purely on what was in the screenshot at that point on time.
175 has to be per week, if it was total you could only scout the first 2 attributes of 17 players
Old 05-28-2015, 06:03 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

It has a NCAA 14 recruiting feel to it, I like the new scouting a lot more.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #21
Banned

All of these so-called new features have already been implemented in other sports games for years.This will be my 11th year not even touching the Franchise mode in a Madden game. The last franchise mode I got into in Madden was Madden 2005. I refuse to play it until they bring back Training Camp like in the PS2 days. The off season and practice is more important in football than any other sport and Tiburon continues to skimp on it. NFL Head Coach was the blueprint, why not continue to build upon that in Franchise mode?

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 05-28-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #22
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

So we finally get the ticker! But it's for player goals? Welp, we came close.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Sounds good, provided it's just periphery stuff and not their big guns. The only thing that stuck out to me was that "Activities in game prep are more skewed toward game planning against that week's opponent as opposed to general improvement by position." Seems like a baby step, absent a true opponent tendency breakdown, but still i never thought I'd see the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
The off season and practice is more important in football than any other sport and Tiburon continues to skimp on it.
Didnt see this before i posted, but F'n A right, man. Games are a culmination of preparation.

Last edited by Primo80; 05-28-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #24
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

"After each play you'll see all the goals influenced by that play via a scrolling onscreen tracker at the bottom of the screen. You'll also get XP and confidence updates. Furthermore, the loading screen shows you how you're progressing towards various goals." Instead of that why don't they have a ticker at the bottom showing you up to date scores, standings, stats, etc.

"Missing some weekly goals can have a negative effect on your confidence." We shouldn't have to play a certain way in order to reach goals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »