Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #41
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.

I may continue to scout a player whose highest rating is C+ if it was for AWR. The scouting system also doesn't seem to say a word about traits which we know are important in other aspects of the game. So that C rating could be bootstrapped to Superstar traits etc.

Maybe we should think of true draft value the same way we thought of the player comparisons of the past. In coach 09 when my cb was likened to Ty law I'm not even sure what that translates to (in hindsight) since I have a personal opinion of him. Similarly a true value of round 2 pick 5. Or 2nd round means what?

That's where he should be picked?
He is as good as players typically picked there?
Or some other vague meaning EA won't translate no different than projected pick from M15?

Think of this as well. Since we can no longer stockpile until the draft. I have to decide who to let walk before FA and before I may have resigned them. This changes the dynamic of free agency and if you splash in FA or cannot sign a specific player, this completely changes your draft board.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #42
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

They're breaking down position changes in M16 that you can make this year on GC radio right now.

If you move a fast wr to QB, if his QB related stats aren't good, it won't be worth it once you get to all pro or higher difficulty.
Old 08-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #43
Where is A-Aron

bspring3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Setting up to be my least favorite and worst scouting system (IMO) ever in Madden. Still have to try it but I already know I hate the idea of true draft value. I don't think anything like that should ever be included in the scouting process and should only be known after the player is drafted if at all. I don't like that when you scout a player you always get his highest attribute first. It basically turns scouting into color by numbers because if a guy pops out a C+ first attribute why would you scout anything else? I think they should have made the order random so there was actually a gamble when it came to moving forward with scouting. Losing points is stupid no matter how you twist it. Forcing anything is a bad idea and if there isn't an option to scout when you want then that is really, really bad. I don't know why you would ever make that decision. Have to wait and see how combine numbers are handled as well but that's about the only thing I like about the scouting as of now.
Something else to also consider…what if a WR has C+ RR, C catch, and C- CIT, but then you get to the offseason and that WR has absolutely ridiculous physical grades from the combine? He instantly becomes much more valuable than before. Its not going to be so cut and dry IMO
Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 1

Whether or not I have time to scout every week is irrelevant; I don't want to. So that change is a negative for me. I understand it's so you don't bank your points for the end of the season when you know exactly what positions you need but it's still a negative.

The top three attributes thing is another negative. I'd much prefer you let me pick three attributes and those were the only three I could scout for players at a position. Or just completely scrap the scouting system because it's extraordinarily unrealistic.

True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.

Last edited by fballturkey; 08-11-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Ok, apparently we can't say that word?
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Whether or not I have time to scout every week is irrelevant; I don't want to. So that change is a negative for me. I understand it's so you don't bank your points for the end of the season when you know exactly what positions you need but it's still a negative.

The top three attributes thing is another negative. I'd much prefer you let me pick three attributes and those were the only three I could scout for players at a position. Or just completely scrap the scouting system because it's extraordinarily unrealistic.

True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.
I think they do understand the user base, there is a website to vote for things you want for CCM put together by Shopmaster.

It's just going to take awhile to get things in that people want without corrupting CFM, online and offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm pretty sure nobody on there voted for "let me see players true draft value." Nobody has ever asked for that, yet here it is while we're still without CPU vs. CPU being turned on or, most egregiously, formation subs.

Edit: It just sort of shocks me because they could have gotten it right with almost no extra effort. Let me hire a scout, and depending on how good they are give me more/less accurate data. Have the scout bring players up to me. "This guy is projected in the 5th but I think he's a 2nd round talent." "This guy is expected to go in the 3rd but guys in the 6th round rate better with me." Etc. You'd keep the excitement without having a button that tells you exactly when a player should be drafted.

Last edited by fballturkey; 08-11-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:41 PM   #47
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4

[quote=fballturkey;2047563671
True draft value needs to be gone on a pre-launch patch. Look, I like Madden. I'm buying it. I'm not trying to be a drag here. This is the worst addition to the franchise since the vision cone. It ruins scouting completely and makes finding gems or drafting busts just not happen. It was a terrible idea and it sort of terrifies me that they included it. I really don't think they understand the CCM userbase at all.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked the vision cone, for as hard as it was it was the most realistic thing madden ever done but hey to each its own
Old 08-11-2015, 10:51 PM   #48
Rookie

tejada1076's Arena

OVR: 0

The scouting system is more user friendly for the common player. Way to entice them to get more involved and enmeshed. I think it's a great idea worth trying. If anything it simplifies the process and gives us quick, tangible results that help us feel involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »