Home

Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 06:49 PM   #25
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Features and Cover Shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
FRANCHISE
Redesigned and Deeper Than Ever

Take your team all the way in the deepest Franchise mode to-date, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run.
I'm all for catchy taglines and all that, but this is a pretty big check to cash in August. Madden NFL 2005 hit on the head with depth (newspaper, radio show, position battle, coaching staffs, etc.)

If this comes close to that, I'm sold. Everything else, especially special teams being worked on, sounds great to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #26
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It was called franchise last year as well.
Tiburon referred to it as "Connected Franchise" in their pre-release Madden 16 media last year, but you are correct that in the game the mode is called "Franchise".

I'm guessing at this point we're to use the terms interchangeably.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #27
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

I see they've finally brought over the ice-the-kicker feature from the NCAA games. Anyways, all of this sounds amazing and I can only hope for the game to be exciting and fresh enough for me to keep playing.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2016, 06:58 PM   #28
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Sounds promising..If they can combine this with a coach mode where the user qbs actually scramble and on option/read plays the qbs don't always keep the ball I would be even more impressed.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #29
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 17 Address All 3 Phases of the Game: Offense, Defense & Special Teams

The defensive changes have my eyes and ears open...The gap assignments is great to hear; and I am assuming that with the improved RB abilities, the defense had to have gap assignments to counter - The Madden Devs seem to be getting it - when you change one side of anything, you must make appropriate counter adjustments on the opposing side, if one is to maintain homeostasis of the system.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #30
Banned

I really like what I''m hearing, sounds really promising but gotta see how its executed though. I still would like to know what changes if any have been made to pass blocking and pass rushing, will JJ Watt and Von Miller be unstoppable in this game like irl!?

Last edited by SportsGamer94; 05-12-2016 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #31
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I wonder what they mean when they say "Presentation...centered on YOU." Or words to that effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spooks me a little, honestly. Sounds like a deviation from TV broadcast, but that's hopefully just how it sounds. They've invested too much to making the game feel like a broadcast to abandon it. Right?!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #32
Rookie

Branchurain's Arena

Slow hand clap and a Denzel Washington "Glory" tear their even attempting this. Gameplay still needs building, 16 was ok but I pray to God they pull this off, given their history I'm afraid but optimistic. I'm rooting they do this right and This is from a hardcore 2K football guy. Got dammit EA you given me unbridled hope despite me trying not to! Your the only game in town I hope you deliver this year!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »