Home

MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

This is a discussion on MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #9
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Again, coming from a "fanboy" here...

This game has been released for a month? I'd imagine some of these issues requiring some time to resolve?

I'm ALL for holding people accountable. Don't feel this group deserves a "pass", either. DO feel that some time (to resolve issues) is fair though...

Did any of you hear Ramone Russell during Millennium's 3-day pre-release game stream? The guy was WIPED OUT! The game's post release hang over will pass, developer's batteries will recharge & these guys will "right" what's "wrong"...

SDS's past track record to prove me right...

-GW-
It is there job. "Wiped" or not. That's a sorry excuse. There should not be a need to "recharge". Me and 3 buddies are in the playoffs in Online Franchise, only the world series remains VS two CPU teams. And we have been waiting nearly 2 days for it to sim to get to the offseason.

And its the only mode we all play. Love the game, but this is a disgrace and SDS deserves all the criticism (Again minus the personal attacks).

They are so involved in the community pre-release, and once the game released they have largely remained silent, except for a LONG past due statement.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
Again, coming from a "fanboy" here...

This game has been released for a month? I'd imagine some of these issues requiring some time to resolve?

I'm ALL for holding people accountable. Don't feel this group deserves a "pass", either. DO feel that some time (to resolve issues) is fair though...

Did any of you hear Ramone Russell during Millennium's 3-day pre-release game stream? The guy was WIPED OUT! The game's post release hang over will pass, developer's batteries will recharge & these guys will "right" what's "wrong"...

SDS's past track record will prove me right...

-GW-
They had time to get this right, as in all the months before release. This is a PERENNIAL issue, not a one-time thing.

And I'm sure they'll get it right eventually, but they have chosen to focus on DD, an ONLINE moneymaker mode, and so the reaction (again: excluding personal attacks) is justified. How much TIME have people lost chasing "missions" only to be disconnected? Ridiculous. You simply don't greenlight a mode like this unless you have the infrastructure to handle it (with the occasional hiccup, of course -- it's IT).

And as an admitted fanboy, how about the non-apology...? Pretty dumb.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #11
Rookie

The biggest problem with this game and many other sports titles is that the offline modes aren't substantial enough to fill the void when server issues like this pop-up. Most of EA's titles aren't usable unless the servers are running. I'm also wondering if The Show server issues are happening because of a new influx of players new to the series. I took a couple years off from The Show but recently bought a PS4 Pro specifically for this game because of the hype this year. I imagine it's tough from a dev's perspective that they create an amazing game that attracts new players but your servers can't handle the load and people turn on you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 08:49 PM   #12
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

Yeah it sucks. No other way to put it. I lost my progress after beating the Nats stronghold in Conquest due to a sever error. Not really that a big of a deal since I went ahead and beat them again when it started working but still, stuff like that just can't happen and that's small potatoes to what other users have lost. It's coming to a point where every time I play any DD mode, I just hope my game progress is saved and I am not greeted by a blue screen or server error. It's definitely curbed my playing activity and luckily, I have Breath of the Wild and many other games to play but users that only play The Show year round must be at their wits end.

Yeah, you can play offline franchise and not worry about server issues if you disconnect your PS4 from the internet but then you don't get any rewards or xp and that's a pretty sad workaround. It's not good business to have your paying customers being the ones that have to put up with a game that was clearly not ready for release. I am sure politics got in the way of SDS delaying the game but man, this is just getting unacceptable. I have to check this site and theshownation to see if the game is working or not before I fire up my PS4. Like it's already been mentioned, this is not a brand new franchise. We have had MANY The Show games. I don't condone the personal attacks but I can definitely sympathize with their frustration.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Servers are down now right after I captured a stronghold. Even though it went to que, it still counted thankfully. Now they are completely out and booted me from the DD screen.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #14
Rookie

MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far

I can't understand how they have the same issue every single year. It's just awful. You pretty expect their will be server problems when the game is released. Very sad state when your product becomes synonymous with
having the same problem each year. It really tarnishes an otherwise great game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-17-2017, 09:08 PM   #15
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

This is embrassing.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #16
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I was looking forward to getting some time wit the show on my night off.

However, "server error"....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »