Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
What I don't like is that you automatically know that this is Your Guy, and you can sift through every player's exact ratings to find the best one for you instead of having to scout players out and take risks. A five year veteran? Yeah, most teams are going to know the book on a guy. Their first 2-3 years in the league though we shouldn't know them so exactly.
I drafted him and turned him into my kind of guy. EA just gave me the blueprint for what I was looking for. HE didn't start with those ratings. I developed him. He started with like 85 truck as a rookie. Superstar Dev. I had him as a focus player EVERY WEEK.
Second, you are damn right I know what I'm looking for for my offense. Why wouldn't I know what I want? I want a player with a specific set of abilities to plug into my machine.
I like power backs as my primary guy and a speed back as the secondary guy. He has a weakness though in that he's injury prone. He's been hurt two seasons in a row. This will be year 3 for him. So when he got hurt as a rookie, I had to scour the waiver wire for another power back. That guy serviceable but he's not really that good. Mostly just a goal line back. My offense completely changes when my Superstar HB gets injured.

It needs some work but I like that the emphasis in cfm is that you can build the type of team that you want to build. I've built my team around my HB and OL. We are going to run one way or another. I always draft one or two OL every draft and just develop. I'm finishing in the top 5 rushing every time. I run and then that opens up the pass for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #82
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
To the bold, I've been thinking about this and I think it was your interaction with Clint that I saw on Twitter where he was talking about time in the pocket being 1.5 seconds and he said something along the lines of "1.5 seconds is 1.5 seconds" and while that is true the mechanics available to evade pressure in Madden are no where near where they are in reality. All you can really do is try to run wide and get outside in Madden and QB's rarely break tackles so when there's pressure it's almost always a sack. I definitely agree with you though but it's something I'd be willing to be more lenient on because of those things. If O-lineman (and backs) were smarter and there was more engaging and steering than shedding and running free then I'd for sure be with having an ultra realistic amount of time to throw especially now with what target passing could entail.

And I don't know if these separate settings will change anything inside CFM but I could definitely be on board with that. And 100% agree with the kick meter and tackle battle. Those are the exact type of options I want to see this year.

Deuce I agree with you that part of the issue is blocking, QB evading system..but the other half of the issue is ratings..most QB don't break tackles cause their Elusive rating is so low..this includes as an example guys like Big Ben who is elusive by nature due to his size, or Romo when he is broken into two pieces..second part of the ratings problem is pursuit rating by Dlineman..this rating at times overrides basic speed, acceleration, agility, and stamina..causing lineman to close on QB's wayyyy too fast..now not talking about the K Mack's, and top flight edge rushers who are top athletes but DT's or large 3 tech DE's.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 05-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #83
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Deuce I agree with you that part of the issue is blocking, QB evading system..but the other half of the issue is ratings..most QB don't break tackles cause their Elusive rating is so low..this includes as an example guys like Big Ben who is elusive by nature due to his size, or Romo when he is broken into two pieces..second part of the ratings problem is pursuit rating by Dlineman..this rating at times overrides basic speed, acceleration, agility, and stamina..causing lineman to close on QB's wayyyy too fast..now not talking about the K Mack's, and top flight edge rushers who are top athletes but DT's or large 3 tech DE's.
True. Their tackle radius is also so big and they're so agile like you mentioned that it makes it impossible to avoid that kind of pressure like you would in reality. Just as a quick example:

Palmer is the exact opposite of a mobile or agile QB but one little side step and he completely avoids the pressure. It's not really anything close to a broken tackle either but that scenario isn't really possible in Madden or at the very least is highly improbable. Brady and Rodgers are amazing at that kind of stuff and it's what makes certain mobile QB's even more dangerous as well. I really hope the AI QB's actually move and move intelligently in the pocket. I want to feel and have to account for that in-game.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt

QB's can evade in Madden the problem is you have to go to drastic messures on the tackling slider in order to see it happen

Most guys on here (OS) will never play with a extremely low tackle slider because it will drive them crazy if a RB or WR broke 2-3 tackles on a givin play.

The tackle slider doing gameplay is the biggest culprit as to why you don't see QB's avoiding the rush very much

That slider is somehow tied into the ball carrier and Qb elusiveness rating doing gameplay

Playing with high tackle slider increases the radius of the tackle range......reducing the tackle slider decreases the radius and in return you'll see QB's avoid the rush much better but the downside is the RB's and WR's will sometimes break tackles

I personally live with the consequences because Madden is a flawed game and rather have QB's at least being able to avoid a rush occasional as opposed to getting sacked 100% of the time...

EA needs to figure out how their ratings also tie into the sliders and doubt they really spend the man time dissecting it or even observing it

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #85
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
QB's can evade in Madden the problem is you have to go to drastic messures on the tackling slider in order to see it happen

Most guys on here (OS) will never play with a extremely low tackle slider because it will drive them crazy if a RB or WR broke 2-3 tackles on a givin play.

The tackle slider doing gameplay is the biggest culprit as to why you don't see QB's avoiding the rush very much

That slider is somehow tied into the ball carrier and Qb elusiveness rating doing gameplay

Playing with high tackle slider increases the radius of the tackle range......reducing the tackle slider decreases the radius and in return you'll see QB's avoid the rush much better but the downside is the RB's and WR's will sometimes break tackles

I personally live with the consequences because Madden is a flawed game and rather have QB's at least being able to avoid a rush occasional as opposed to getting sacked 100% of the time...

EA needs to figure out how their ratings also tie into the sliders and doubt they really spend the man time dissecting it or even observing it

Playmarkers..I agree with that point as well..tackle slider does effect too much and "broken" tackles in general are too low..I also use a lower tackle slider..I still believe pursuit rating, and to a certain extend elusive ratings are an issue..I raise elusive rating on each QB as well as lowering all DLine pursuit rating which helps..and also agree with u and DD that tackle radius is huge

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 1

my concern is that there were problems on cfm caused by other modes, will this manifest again with 2 different play styles let alone other modes?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:37 AM   #87
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Too early to tell, it all depends on how this new system is implemented by EA.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-16-2017, 12:12 PM   #88
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

If we have simulation mode..I would love to see botched snaps, blown coverage, momentum means more..ball physics impacted by weather..etc

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »