Home

NBA Live 18 Videos Released

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Videos Released within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 06:48 PM   #33
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live VLOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I played both and I can definitely say thay the animation and movements look off....even for trailer...just looked a bit clunky.

The lighting/ resolution looks great though....I always liked how vibrant Live looked...they dulled that down a bit last year and it seems its back up now...

Its OK to crave something different, but its also OK to be honest...some of this stuff they can clean up pre launch.

Live will never animate as smoothly as 2k. I think it's time we stop expecting that. 2k smooth animations lead to a lot of frustrating sequences that take the control out of your hands.

It's a matter of preference. I'd rather see 'clunky' animations if it means my players don't get sucked into areas of the court they shouldn't. To each their own, but 2ks smooth animations allow people to look past the issues deeply rooted in the game engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 06:50 PM   #34
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 18 Videos Released

I can understand how younger people who only grew up with 2k would find the gameplay trailer different, and 24, I respect that you've played the beta beforehand, but if you're reading some of the youtube comments you'd see that LIVE again is receiving unnecessary hate. It's definitely getting more love than last time and I think it looks pretty nice. There are definitely signature moves that make me happy. The kids are too used to what 2k looks like that they can't accept an alternative

Do they want the bodies to look the same? I'm pretty sure there was a massive argument about what the competitor did for the last few years

2k has done a lot of the same for the last 3 years (overall gameplay, bar certain areas), and I don't see how people can be overly satisfied except for the the fact that it's been a constant to purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Live will never animate as smoothly as 2k. I think it's time we stop expecting that. 2k smooth animations lead to a lot of frustrating sequences that take the control out of your hands.

It's a matter of preference. I'd rather see 'clunky' animations if it means my players don't get sucked into areas of the court they shouldn't. To each their own, but 2ks smooth animations allow people to look past the issues deeply rooted in the game engine.
Thank you

NBA Fan since 2007

Last edited by Macs Power; 05-24-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #35
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Personally, I think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to hearing dynasty/association mode features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2017, 07:25 PM   #36
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live VLOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont want Live to be 2k.

Which is the reason I dont feel the need to bring up 2k constantly while in this forum...I would prefer Live to stand on its own two feet....and I'm not going to be complementary of evetything they drop because its 'not 2k'. A lot of people here will be caught in that trap and end up dissapointed if thats their basis.

Yes, in theory id take some clunky animations over suction/unrealistic outcomes etc....but as of right now, thats just a hypothetical...because that wasnt the case in Live 14, 15, or 16....

So ill keep pushing for a game that looks good in motion and plays well...I hope the community does to...
Old 05-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #37
Rookie

oneHova's Arena

Like I love how everyone sees these leaked videos by YouTubers and automatically believe it's final product stuff. In my opinion I think EA is just letting this leak happen to build hype/speculation for EA Play. Then once EA Play is here I guarantee the game will look like a competitive sim to 2K after. So to me I'm taking this leak with a grain of salt because I believe this is a pre-alpha leak.

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 07:53 PM   #38
Rookie

I'm getting a live 14 vibe from these vids. Wasn't a fan of 14 but apparently there was some better under the hood stuff. Only watched first but thought player models and movement is a step back from 16. Faces are off and Westbrook celebration was way better in 16.
Like the low trajectory ally though, new block and sig stuff. Hopefully they have a fadeaway animation this year.. Either way day 1 purchase for me.

Last edited by Nemesis Enforcer; 05-24-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:54 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 14
Movement doesn't look great in this vid. Maybe the actual game looks better.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

LOVE the emphasis on ball handler / defender animations/ timing windows / etc.

This is definitely needed in NBA 2K... desperately needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »