Home

Gameplay Wishlist

This is a discussion on Gameplay Wishlist within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
NCAA Basketball 10 Producer

Jab_Step's Arena

OVR: 12
Gameplay Wishlist

Anything gameplay related. Top 5 things you would like to see added/changed/removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Gameplay Wishlist

I would like to see the ability to sub in your other lineups on the fly. Thee point lineup, free throw lineup, big/small man lineup etc.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

contested shots should be missed the majority of the time with slider at 0.
Less turnovers in a trap. 30 by the cpu per game is too high.
Improve free throw
Old 12-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I've got a monster list brewing.

I'll post it when it's done.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

- Players still step out of bounds with no call too frequently.

- Add in defensive animation where player slides over to protect baseline & better help D. IE: When facing a 2-3 zone, have offensive player go to corner. If/when they make a move on defender (crossover), drive the baseline and they almost always get a great shot rarely contested. Help D should roll over to stop, often putting foot on baseline to stop penetration. (Offensive player would then need to change dribble to opposite hand/direction with right stick to opposite direction. This change would not be unbeatable.)

- It seems like there is some slight suction in regards to offensive player and double teams. I will attempt to drive around or pull away from it, but it feels like I get drawn in and must wait until CPU decides I can move away from it. IMO, it needs slightly changed but is too strong at times.

This also happens when on the break, it feels like defenders will warp or close the last step or two too quickly and close down a break. At best, they should only be in position to contend shot or drive ballhandler in another direction, not stop drive in its tracks unless it’s a slow big man on the break.

- Playing on All-Conference it seems like the CPU shoots way too high of a percentage (~60%). May not be as simple as toning down shooting ratings, as that may drop their offensive game too much leading to less of a challenge. May require balance by improving CPU interior defense. That is where it seems most of my offense comes from, probably too high of a percentage.

- Too many charges from simply backing defender down. Tone down just slightly. It’s good charges are called to keep players from backing down to the hoop every time, but it seems like charges are called too often. EDIT – The more I play, the more I actually like the way it is. It requires PG to get ball to post player once they have posted up, preferably close to the hoop.

- Seems like CPU does not substitute in bench enough. Starters playing way too long, almost NBA-esque. May need to be pro-rated for half length. If gamer uses 5-10 minute halves, starters should be in most of the time. If 10-15 or longer halves, subs should definitely be in more. CPU subs come in and out too ‘perfectly.’ Many will have same minutes played. In a typical game, top reserves (6-7) get more time than the end of the bench (8-10, for example).

- Add in injuries for human-controlled teams. Lack of feature hurts realism aspect of game.

- Add in way to set for team to press after made baskets in addition to defense they will normally drop into..

- Player Lock: Ability to play game as one certain position/player.

- At halftime, before start of second half, have game go to Pause Menu so subs & strategic changes can be made, stats viewed, etc. (Like in NBA Live, NCAA Football, Madden, etc.)

- Using on-the-fly subs and hitting R3 to close the menu will make player turn to post up. Not helpful if you are controlling a guard at the time.

- Continue to work on the players clipping through each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
Rookie

LincSink's Arena

OVR: 5

-I'd like to see more usage of the backboard on close range/under-the-basket shots as well as fewer "perfect-swish" shots

-The ability to make right-stick moves camera-relative. For example, if I'm using broadcast camera angle and my guy is driving straight toward the basket from the foul-line and I want to quick-strike left, I should either press up or down on the right stick (depending on which basket I'm shooting at: Right side of screen=up, Left side of screen=down), not always left as it is now. I apologize if that's confusing, hopefully someone can better explain what I mean.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Top 5? Let me see....

1. More realistic looking inside shot variations. (sometimes the jumphooks and reverse layups look kinda funky. Player seems to float in mid air)

2. Make some shots that "look" good miss afterall. (you can instantly tell when the shot leaves the players' hand if its going in or not. Never fails.)

3. Brad and Dicky V. should use more names. ESPECIALLY coaches names. (Coaches are the stars of college hoops)

4. I've never seen a tie-up of any kind. I notice you have the possesion arrow, but its never put to use.

5. Less dunking. I'm a huge fan of the dunk. But it seems like every player in the game can dunk. Thats especially not the case in college. Small point guards should be doing layups for the most part.

That said, I still love the game.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Yea ya gotta get the Announcing crew in there and record way more lines. Dick Vitale should not be saying that Syracuse vs Colgate should be a competitive game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »