Home

The OS Guitarists thread

This is a discussion on The OS Guitarists thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
The OS Guitarists thread

I thought I'd make this thread so that we can exchange tips, discuss styles and gear etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: The OS Guitarists thread

cool thread, i play guitar and bass and it is really fun, i love putting it on overdrive and blasting power chords
Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersbball20
cool thread, i play guitar and bass and it is really fun, i love putting it on overdrive and blasting power chords
I'm the exact opposite. I do a ton of experimental/alt rock stuff with a ton of delay. My delay pedal barely ever goes off.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Coming from someone who would love to learn how to play an acoustic. Are there any good links you guys have about learning how to play? Obviously I understand it takes a good amount of practice.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Coming from someone who would love to learn how to play an acoustic. Are there any good links you guys have about learning how to play? Obviously I understand it takes a good amount of practice.
start with some basic chords like the ones here http://www.guitar-players-toolbox.co...rd-charts.html and then work your way up. I'm not sure how to play an acoustic since I've always done electric so try looking for some acoustic specific tutorials on youtube.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
D*st*ny

HiJumpr111's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Here is a great site to pick up some really good tips about playing acoustically.

www.acousticguitarforum.com

I've learned a lot from the members there over the last several years.

Razr is correct -- start learning some basic open chord positions like E and Am to start. Practice transitioning between the two (they will be easy as they are essentially the same shape). Once you are comfortable with those two, add others: G, C, D, A and Em. Before long you will have an arsenal of chords that will allow to play strum patterns for a seemingly endless number of songs.

The first two weeks will be the toughest as your fingers will feel like someone is poking them with needles 24/7. Gradually you'll build up your calluses and will be able to play pain free.

Most importantly....practice, practice, practice. There's no substitute.

Good luck.

Last edited by HiJumpr111; 06-14-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJumpr111
Here is a great site to pick up some really good tips about playing acoustically.

www.acousticguitarforum.com

I've learned a lot from the members there over the last several years.

Razr is correct -- start learning some basic open chord positions like E and Am to start. Practice transitioning between the two (they will be easy as they are essentially the same shape). Once you are comfortable with those two, add others: G, C, D, A and Em. Before long you will have an arsenal of chords that will allow to play strum patterns for a seemingly endless number of songs.

The first two weeks will be the toughest as your fingers will feel someone is poking them with needles 24/7. Gradually you'll build up your calluses and will be able to play pain free.

Most importantly....practice, practice, practice. There's no substitute.

Good luck.
And speaking of this for electric guitar players don't get heavy gauge strings early. Your fingers will bleed. Wait until your used to bending normal strings and stuff first.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #8

OVR: 34

Quote:
Check this guy out. He knows his stuff and is an excellent teacher.

http://www.justinguitar.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »