Home

Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

This is a discussion on Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

Let me start off by saying I have always played on heisman, and nothing else.

When the patch released I made some slider adjustments on that level and still was not happy with the way the game played. I had no problems winning on that level, but the game didn't unfold the way I like and was very predictable.

I read a very interesting post by someone (Cant remember his name) who stated some very interesting facts about the games A.I, and how setting sliders on a lower level my be the best bet, so I did. Im extremely happy with how the game plays now. I have no idea if I'm going to win the game I'm about to play.

Playing high ranked teams feel the way it should, and playing low rank teams also feel the way it should. Elite players play at their level , and garbage players play at their level.
I'm loving the results on how the game plays now, and wanted to share my slider set.

I feel this is a solid base for you to work from, so if you try these and feel something is off you can make the adjustments you feel work for you.

Level is Varsity
Min: 6-8

Updated on 8/12/09

Offense User
20-35-40-65-35
Offense CPU
25-0-40-65-40

Defense User
50-50-45-20-30
Defense CPU
100-100-80-85-75

Special Teams User
20-50-50-50-50
Special Teams CPU
15-40-50-50-50

Penalties I adjusted.

Offsides:60
Flase Start:65
Holding:55
Clipping:55

In my (Miami)franchise I'm currently 4-1 . but could have easily been 2-3.

Game 1: I beat FSU in a O.T battle I really had a hard time with them. I had to make very quick decision passing and had no effect running the ball on them, but they got off on me on the ground. I beat them 40-34 O.T

Game 2: Georgia tech and Miami went into he 4th qtr tied at 10. A defensive battle, but the Yellow Jackets beat me in the end with a FG 20-17. The Option play was a challenge to slow down. At times I did, and other times they executed it perfectly. It was a defensive battle something I never experienced on Heisman. I lost 17-20

Game 3: I Took over in the 2nd half and beat Virginia Tech 30-7. After playing the last 2 games. I was really prepared in making faster decision, and making more coaching adjustments on the fly. It really helped in stalling VT's drives.

Game 4: I was playing Oklahoma, and man they jumped all over me. At the start of the 3rd qtr I was down 20-0. I just paused and realized I had to nickel and dime this ball, and when the time was right try something big. I also realized what worked on V.T isn't working at all on OU. On the defensive side I had to be so ready. Bradford was accurate and the running game was giving me trouble, but I made some great adjustments, and I was able to squeeze this game out 21-20. OU had a chance to win it but missed the FG, so I got lucky. This game had me tripping.

game 5: I played a team by the name of FCS southwest who was currently on a 23 gm losing streak, and boy they played like it. They couldn't pass, catch or run. They where ranked D , so I destroyed them. I don't even want to put up the score lol.

Well this is my slider set, and I hope they bring you the same happiness and enjoyment that they bring me when playing NCAA 10 .

Take care guys and have a great franchise.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-12-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Tyrant8RDFL's Varisty Slider set

Nice sliders man, I consider myself above avg and these challenge me. I play straight too no cheesey money plays etc.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
Nice sliders man, I consider myself above avg and these challenge me. I play straight too no cheesey money plays etc.

Thanks!
Your welcome. Also for a little more of a challenge on the cpu's run game just move the Run Block slider up from 70 to 75. Just that one move up makes a nice difference.

Just be carefull moving that slider up to much can make the kickoff returns for the cpu very dangerous lol.

Im glad your enjoying them. Take care
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

def enjoying them. kickoffs are already rough enough for me lol. Best took back two last game.

You made one of my online dynasty members quit with these haha. oh well the way i run it you can either adapt or SEE YA....
Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
Rookie

dlamb919's Arena

OVR: 4

Not gonna lie, at first when I read the beginning I figured you were just BS about playing on Heisman usually, but I remember reading the same thing about the sliders on lower levels. I'll have to try these out... I've tried some of the AA and Heisman sliders on here and it still is just too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamb919
Not gonna lie, at first when I read the beginning I figured you were just BS about playing on Heisman usually, but I remember reading the same thing about the sliders on lower levels. I'll have to try these out... I've tried some of the AA and Heisman sliders on here and it still is just too easy.
LOL you thought I was BS. Honestly I always played on All Madden and Heisman. I never played on anything else. I know alot of players claim to be the man in football games, but I'm very knowledgable about the game, and do very well in online leagues. I ahve won a couple of superbowls.

When I created the sldiers. I didnt use avgs. I feel they can be very misleading. I look for how the play was executed and if it made sense for the play to unfold the way it did, and I also look at the players ratings. This is the method I used in creating this set.

Things have changed on how EA has decided to make things tough for us and how they want to make the A.I work on the different levels. They pretty much want for you to do more work on your own on the higher level, and less individual work on the lower levels.

I read that post and figured why not give it a shot. My first attempt was on Rookie, but it was to easy. Your players on your team respond very well but no matter what you did for the CPU they couldnt hang ,so I went to varsity, and damn I was feeling it. I was able to make the CPU have a very nice and realsitic running and passing game, but like I mentioned before. Move the CPU run block to high and the CPU will return way to many Kick returns. This is why I made Kicking power 70, so they start futher back.

I guess a scarafice had to be made , but I'm loving it.

On defense they play according to their ratings. If the team is solid on stopping the run you will have a tough time running the ball, and if they suck you will run wild on them. Making it satisfying when you do pull off a solid run on a solid defense.

Last night I played Clemson, and at 1st I was having my way. 14-0. The bam they tied it right back. They took the lead at one point 28-21. The made really good play calls, and a nice run by clemson caught me out there. I guessed run left and they went to the right, and off to the races lol.

It was a battle and I barely edged them out 34-31. the game was crazy and I had to fight a lot of penalties called against me, but I made it through lol.

After you try them out come back and let me know how it went?

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 07-30-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

i've been using playmakers varsity sliders and i've been having some REALLY good games with those. i'm beating tha teams i'm suppose 2 and also having tough games vs better opponents.

these do look interesting though. i'll give these a try and see how they compare to playmakers set.

p.s.- i know this isn't tha best method 2 avoid those long KO returns, but u can just supersim them and tha cpu will get "normal" return yards.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FADED
i've been using playmakers varsity sliders and i've been having some REALLY good games with those. i'm beating tha teams i'm suppose 2 and also having tough games vs better opponents.

these do look interesting though. i'll give these a try and see how they compare to playmakers set.

p.s.- i know this isn't tha best method 2 avoid those long KO returns, but u can just supersim them and tha cpu will get "normal" return yards.
Nice idea on the Kick off Returns. I will use that idea. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »