Home

Why do you support your team?

This is a discussion on Why do you support your team? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Why do you support your team?

Thanks to sb24 for posting this in another thread, but I think it's an interesting question and deserves its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
So I almost thinks this deserves a new thread but why do we support a team? Are we supporting the city? The owner? Players? Do you just blindly follow an organization that does nothing you agree with? Are you a fan because of the family? Are we choosing a team based on something as simple as the colors or logo? Are you stuck with a team just because as you were growing up you picked that one for various reasons? At what point do you get to choose to stop and become a fan of team you actually like?

And what do you do when a team moves or changes names?
I support the Cincinnati Bengals because I grew up liking them. My dad was a fan of them, and when I first started watching pro football and going to football games it was always the Cincinnati Bengals. I've liked them all my life, and can't imagine supporting another team. The Bengals have my loyalty, even with the terrible ownership. I have hope the Bengals will get new ownership someday, hopefully soon, and turn things around. When that happens, I do not want to be supporting another team. When the Bengals finally do win a Super Bowl, I want to be able to say I stuck with them through the good and bad.

If the Bengals were ever do relocate and/or change names I will still support them, but I really hope that day never comes.

So why do you support your favorite NFL team?

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 02-05-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Why do you support your team?

Because Eagles are always fighting for a playoff spot every year
Old 02-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Because I'm an idiot that likes to be constantly tortured.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 02-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
Because I'm an idiot that likes to be constantly tortured.

Glad I'm not alone.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Lions: Barry Sanders is the original reason I started rooting for them. I had thought about not rooting for them once he retired, but decided to stick with them for whatever reason. I'm glad I made that choice though even with all the laughter I've faced in recent years.

Eagles: Weren't my second favorite team until Madden 2002 (before then I kinda liked the Bengals because of their helmets. I was only 9). I liked McNabb, Staley, Vincent, Trotter, and Martin on there and decided to start following them. They are not on the level of my loyalty to the Lions though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #6
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Chargers for me. Moved to SoCal in 98, from Alabama, so it was the first pro team that I was near. Growing up in Alabama, it's college football or nothing, so as soon as I went to a pro game, I was hooked (Thanksgiving weekend 1998, lost to the Seahawks).
Old 02-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

I'm young an didn't get into sports until I seen Micheal Vick play. He's the reason why I became a Falcon fan. Now I root for the Falcons as a die hard fan as I have grown extremely attached to them.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

I grew up in Cleveland and was a Browns fan ever since I started watching football. I vividly recall watching the playoff loss to the Raiders (Red Right 88), and was there live at the Drive against Denver in the AFC Championship game of 86...then watched again as The Fumble occurred......this time on tv, not live in person....

Had my heart ripped while serving my country overseas in the Navy when Modell moved the team to Baltimore. Recorded the return game against Pittsburgh in 99. And once again watched in horror as they squandered a halftime lead to lose to Pitt in the 02 playoffs.

Why am I a fan after all that? It's in my blood.....and I don't want/need a transfusion!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »