Home

Why do you support your team?

This is a discussion on Why do you support your team? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Why do you support your team?

My father migrated from Jamaica and he was a fan of Bob Hayes. So, my father became a fan of the Cowboys because of Bullet Bob Hayes. My father and I started watching Cowboys games together just in time for Tony D rookie season. A proud fan since 1977.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #34
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I think because everyone in my family is a gigantic Packers fan. I don't really remember. I've been a fan almost literally all my life. I remember Don Majkowski being my favorite player at one point and I was at most 3 the last time he was starting for the Packers.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS

I like being able to say that I was in on the ground floor.
Me too. It's an awesome feeling knowing you've been there from the very beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #36
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah, grew up in a large family full of Packer fans. I was a child of the 80's when Lynn Dickey was qb, James Lofton and John Jefferson were the wrs. Bart Starr was a head coach. They were in the middle of an 18 year playoff drought, and the idea of them winning another Superbowl seemed impossible but I never could consider not rooting for them.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #37
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

I also root for the city of Philadelphia. I root for anything Philadelphia.

An interesting topic, IMO, would be; if your team left town, and a new team came in, would you root for the old one of the new one?

EX: For some odd reason, the Eagles get moved to LA. However, the Panthers get moved to Philadelphia. Would you root for the Eagles or Panthers?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
I also root for the city of Philadelphia. I root for anything Philadelphia.

An interesting topic, IMO, would be; if your team left town, and a new team came in, would you root for the old one of the new one?

EX: For some odd reason, the Eagles get moved to LA. However, the Panthers get moved to Philadelphia. Would you root for the Eagles or Panthers?
I couldnt imagine a team moving out of the NYC area so I dont even know how I would react. I think I would follow the same team? Theres always the Jets.....nvm
Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #39
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I'm a Panthers fan because I was born and raised in Charlotte. I was 9 when Charlotte got the Panthers but wasn't able to go to my first game until I was 16 (stupid PSLs). I'm more of a baseball fan because that's what I've played my whole life, but after the Panthers came to town I became a huge football fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNes12
IAn interesting topic, IMO, would be; if your team left town, and a new team came in, would you root for the old one of the new one?

As for this question, while this isn't football I think it's still relevant. I can't bring myself to root for the Bobcats. I want to, I really do, but I can't get into them. I was a pretty big Hornets fan growing up when they had Muggsy, Dale Curry, LJ, Zo, Glen Rice, among others, and when they left town they took my rooting interest in the NBA with them. I thought I would be able to root for the Bobcats when it was announced that Charlotte was getting another NBA team, but it hasn't turned out so. I would imagine it would be equally difficult to root for a new NFL team in the Panthers were to leave town for some reason.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #40
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I'm a Panthers fan because I was born and raised in Charlotte. I was 9 when Charlotte got the Panthers but wasn't able to go to my first game until I was 16 (stupid PSLs). I'm more of a baseball fan because that's what I've played my whole life, but after the Panthers came to town I became a huge football fan.

As for this question, while this isn't football I think it's still relevant. I can't bring myself to root for the Bobcats. I want to, I really do, but I can't get into them. I was a pretty big Hornets fan growing up when they had Muggsy, Dale Curry, LJ, Zo, Glen Rice, among others, and when they left town they took my rooting interest in the NBA with them. I thought I would be able to root for the Bobcats when it was announced that Charlotte was getting another NBA team, but it hasn't turned out so. I would imagine it would be equally difficult to root for a new NFL team in the Panthers were to leave town for some reason.

Yea, that is how I think I would react, too. That is a perfect example btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »