Home

Season vs franchise

This is a discussion on Season vs franchise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Season vs franchise

other than minor league teams what are the differences between the two? are all the issues that are in franchise in season mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Season vs franchise

Yes.
However, if you're talking about the offseason stuff then clearly it won't be in SEASON mode.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
Yes.
However, if you're talking about the offseason stuff then clearly it won't be in SEASON mode.
There is an offseason during season mode, season mode is not just one season long. Season mode is multiple seasons just like franchise... I'm guessing the 2014 FA issue will happen in season mode also
Old 03-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

The real difference is that Season mode is concentrated on two thing...the baseball, and your major league roster.

Budgets go up and down based on how well you did, and you can still make all the normal trades and normal "franchise moves" You just don't have to deal with actual lineups on your AA squad, the price of peanuts, and giving out bobbleheads.

I wouldn't say season mode is the lesser of the two modes, it's just about what you want to concentrate on--either playing with your major league team or managing the entire franchise.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Pro

Neolithic's Arena

OVR: 6

hmmmmm, I"m wondering then if I'm turning franchise mode into season mode. I basically put everything on Auto other than trades, rosters, lineup/rotation, free agents, etc. I basically let the CPU handle the banking, facilities, rehab, and all the stuff that isn't directly related to handleing the roster itself and playing the game on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithic
hmmmmm, I"m wondering then if I'm turning franchise mode into season mode. I basically put everything on Auto other than trades, rosters, lineup/rotation, free agents, etc. I basically let the CPU handle the banking, facilities, rehab, and all the stuff that isn't directly related to handleing the roster itself and playing the game on the field.
This. I did this last year 2 and other than a few situations where i had to take over and make soe business decisions it was great. I recommend it.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 03-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play season w/ 30 team control and will continue to do so until Franchise mode receives a major overhaul.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
The real difference is that Season mode is concentrated on two thing...the baseball, and your major league roster.

Budgets go up and down based on how well you did, and you can still make all the normal trades and normal "franchise moves" You just don't have to deal with actual lineups on your AA squad, the price of peanuts, and giving out bobbleheads.

I wouldn't say season mode is the lesser of the two modes, it's just about what you want to concentrate on--either playing with your major league team or managing the entire franchise.
This is interesting, I've never played season mode before. I've always done franchise and honestly I find all the stuff you have to do in franchise an annoyance. Will your minor league players still develop if you do season mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »