Home

Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

I have not pre-ordered NCAA Football 12. Certainly not because I'm not going to pre-order or buy the game, but because I don't know where I will get the game for a midnight release.

The Gamestops closest to me usually don't have midnight releases so I end up having to drive 30 or so minutes away for a midnight release. The Gamestop I went to last year I just found out only has 4 pre-orders for the game. It's still 40 days out but it's not likely that they will get up to the #'s they need for a midnight release.

The Walmart by me just became a 24 hour Walmart this year, but I've never tried to get a game from Walmart at 12:01 and I'm skeptical of how successful I'd be. The customer service (or lack thereof) at the Walmart by me really makes me not want to go there.

Does Walmart even take pre-orders in store? Is there a way to make sure they have copies up at the counter at 12:01?

Just wondering what kind of experience people have had in the past with Walmart or if there is anyone else out there with a similar dilemma and what they plan on doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone Else With This Pre-Order Dilemma?

I would say it's 95% certain that your 24 hour Wal Mart will have PLENTY of copies. I'm driving 50 minutes each way to get the game 3-4 days early and I have been for the last few years.

I guess it just depends on how hardcore you are about it. I know I'm absolutely crazy haha. Around mid-May my ears start to perk up!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

Wal-mart doesn't usually rush to put games out at 12:01 or anything for that matter unless it's something big.

When they do this though, they usually set up an area where everyone lines up to buy the item.

However, since NCAA most likely won't merit that, you'd probably have to ask a stocker to get it for you as all the department employess will be gone by then. The only workers there will be a manager and stockers.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I've personally had a lot of success with getting games at Wal-Mart, occasional getting them a little before midnight in my area. Very rarely have I ever gone and them be sold out or there be a line for the games. It seems like not many people think about going to Wal-Mart at midnight to get a game.

When it comes to games like Madden, NCAA and any "big name" games come out, they always have a display at the end of the aisle because they know people will be coming for them.

At least that's in my area.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Honestly I couldn't care less about getting the game early. I'm taking on as much OT as possible in June so I can chill in July when the game drops.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you know if they are going to have a pre-order gift?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Houndy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTE92
Do you know if they are going to have a pre-order gift?
For Gamestop, you get Pro-Combat jerseys, but they will be released for everybody at some time.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
Wal-mart doesn't usually rush to put games out at 12:01 or anything for that matter unless it's something big.

When they do this though, they usually set up an area where everyone lines up to buy the item.

However, since NCAA most likely won't merit that, you'd probably have to ask a stocker to get it for you as all the department employess will be gone by then. The only workers there will be a manager and stockers.
This. Done it this way at Wal-Mart (and Meijer, for that matter) for multiple games, CDs, and movies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »