Home

Trade Logic in The Show 12?

This is a discussion on Trade Logic in The Show 12? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon4 Trade Logic in The Show 12?

I've been scouring through the Q&A and Impressions thread, and there are a lot of mixed messages about whether or not the Trade Logic actually works this year. I know Trade Logic will never be perfect, but it just seemed so wacky in last year's game. Here are some paraphrased comments from around OS:

- One post said that Albert Pujols was put on the Angels' Trade Block when he simmed through Franchise mode.
- In a different franchise, the user said the contending Rangers traded away C.J. Wilson.
- The Trade Logic is pretty good about understanding a team's needs throughout the season (Contending Mode, Sell Mode) but that it needs work when an injury takes place (a team will go out and snatch a new replacement up too quickly)
- Another person said that Jeter was traded for 3 prospects (but didn't elaborate on the Yankees' status or needs)
- Someone even said that it was so bad as to suggest keeping control of all 30 teams' roster changes before starting a new franchise.

Are there any other comments or thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Trade Logic in The Show 12?

I have not seen pujols traded on any sim. Putting a player on the block is fine imo.

There is some wonky logic here. I have seen miami in 1st place and in team strategy listed as rebuilding.

In my opinion Rp and C(when there is an injury) are valued too high. Trades are pretty subjective though but there are some head scratchers. Big names are not traded very frequently.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Considering im more of a management guy rather then actual gameplay, if what ur saying is true, this game would not be as fun for me....I read the previews for The Show and it was stated that the trade logic would be improved this year...i guess i'll find out sooner or later how wonky it really is....After what we had to go thru as far as the Madden trading of draft-picks logic goes, i was hoping, the trade logic on The Show would be improved by leaps and bounds as i don't have the time to be controlling all the teams
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Considering im more of a management guy rather then actual gameplay, if what ur saying is true, this game would not be as fun for me....I read the previews for The Show and it was stated that the trade logic would be improved this year...i guess i'll find out sooner or later how wonky it really is....After what we had to go thru as far as the Madden trading of draft-picks logic goes, i was hoping, the trade logic on The Show would be improved by leaps and bounds as i don't have the time to be controlling all the teams
Well like I said...its very subjective. I just feel the CPU values RP and gives up too much for them. And when there is an injury to a C they give up too much to fill that hole even though they have better options in their own system.

Teams try to get that vet for the stretch run. But when I get more time I want to track the team strategies. Like I said I saw Miami in first in July once and listed as rebuilding so that could have an affect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Yea, franchise trades are still a ways off. I understand the game doesn't understand "Heath Bell" but he got traded in year 1 for a C and B prosepct (a C catcher and B SS) when the Marlins were 2 GB in the Wild Card (a bit premature here for sure).

There was a baseball game back in the mid 2000's that gave users the option in which the CPU cannot trade players who were an 80 overall or higher, trade A prospects, etc. I hope this gets implemented in future iterations.

Don't get me wrong, the trades are much improved and would never expect them to be perfect, but still a bit too many head scratchers IMO. Definitely gonna have to use 30 team control again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Banned

rdub78's Arena

OVR: 0

Seeing Miami in 1st place and in rebuilding mode is kinda a disappointment as I was really looking forward to team roles this year.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub78
Seeing Miami in 1st place and in rebuilding mode is kinda a disappointment as I was really looking forward to team roles this year.
Well I want to see it again because if it is there again it would be a bug. I need to look for it next time I run some Sims.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11

OK so in my sim Marlins I do this trade:

Mariano, Kuroda, A-Rod
for Bell and 2 roster fillers

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)