Home

Play vision ?

This is a discussion on Play vision ? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Play vision ?

I have set play vision to always for when I run a play and I am not seeing any play art showing where my players are supposed to go. Does anyone know what to do or how to get it so I can see it? This is just in exhibition games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Play vision ?

Unfortunately, unless you are a PG this year, playvision is broken and doesn't show up. It's blatantly obvious that 2k put little to no effort this year into making sure everything actually worked in My Player. It's ridiculous...
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Someone really needs to do a thorough test on this because it's a game breaker for me and many others. I'm also getting MANY mixed reports on this. Some say you have to enable it before each game in order for it to show up. As a PC player, there is no way I'm going to be able to expect a patch.

I remember in 2K10 I think, it only showed up for the player that was handling the basketball, not just the PG. Also, I think one year, maybe 2K11, it was available for Association, but not My Player.

Can someone take the time to test this and post the actual information?

See people? This is why I'm always griping. Everyone praises the game so much so early, but once people actually start playing, the problems pop up. I'm tired of getting yelled at on here for stating the truths that most of you don't want to accept.

Last edited by Boge; 10-02-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I've turned Playvision on to Show All and Full every single game (including having offense plays set to auto), but I only shows up during out of bounds plays for me (I'm a SG). I'm also unable to see the play call menu when pressing the LB. It's essentially the exact same problem that 2k11's My Player had. Plus, the game resets these settings each game to - Playvision - User plays only, and Playvision Display - Lite. It's atrocious.

Last edited by NealN42; 10-02-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Forgot something!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Yes, playvision only shows up when you are the PG and you initialize the play. That's the only time you can press LB to bring up the plays menu.

If you're not the PG Playvision does not show up regardless if you enable it before the game or during the game.

This is a real mode killer for me. I can't understand how this bug could've gotten into the retail version seeing Ronnie K played it so much. Quite unbelievable imo.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I see that 2K still releases beta's instead of retail versions.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I see that 2K still releases beta's instead of retail versions.
I think they do this on purpose to give us a reason to desire the next version. It's another $60 to them next year.

For them to be play testing it (assuming they do) for how many months, and the day of release, the players notice it? That's no excuse. It's obvious they either don't test it, or they just don't bother fixing it for whatever reason.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
This is a real mode killer for me. I can't understand how this bug could've gotten into the retail version seeing Ronnie K played it so much. Quite unbelievable imo.
Plays?!?! Plays?!?! We're talkin about plays.... not custom pregame dances and street clothes.... but plays?!?

Just make people fall with crossovers and jam on people. Isn't that why we bought this game?

Seriously though... it does seem like they made this game to be played in nothing but freelance without set plays. It makes sense since the demo and all pre-release footage didn't have plays included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »