Home

MVP Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MVP Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
MVP Discussion Thread

I figured it was inevitable so I'll get it started relatively early...

Although highly unlikely, JJ Watt would be my choice for MVP this season so far. After him it would be Rodgers, AP, then Ryan.

Ryan is the most likely choice when it's all said and done. I do think if Minny gets hot, Peterson could make a run as well as Rodgers if he continues this pace.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
You have to have Peyton Manning in the conversation.

The Vikings final record compared to other candidates will hurt Petersons chances

I got

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Adrian Peterson
Aaron Rodgers
Big Ben

In that order right now.

For Ryan to win I feel like the Falcons can't lose more then two games because Manning's story will be too much to overcome. Many doubted him ever being able to play again an here he is leading the Broncos an putting up great numbers. It helps that Ryan out played Manning an best him tho.

Last thing

If your going to include JJ Watt then you have to include Charles Tillman. He's effected games just as much as Watt has an is playing at an elite level this year.

Last edited by iAM-IncReDiBLe-; 11-10-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MVP Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
You have to have Peyton Manning in the conversation.

The Vikings final record compared to other candidates will hurt Petersons chances

I got

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Adrian Peterson
Aaron Rodgers
Big Ben

In that order right now.

For Ryan to win I feel like the Falcons can't lose more then two games because Manning's story will be too much to overcome. Many doubted him ever being able to play again an here he is leading the Broncos an putting up great numbers. It helps that Ryan out played Manning an best him tho.
Wow....I did forget all about Peyton. As far as Tillman, I did consider him but I have a hard time when Revis didn't get it a few years ago when he was playing historically great football at CB. Not really a good reason when thinking in terms of this year, but I still feel like Revis is so head and shoulders above any CB in the NFL that it's hard to justify giving the MVP to another one.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

Last edited by Rocky; 11-10-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't quite understand all the people screaming that Andrew Luck should be MVP. I mean, yes he's doing amazing things and the Colts are outperforming expectations but he's only a rookie and his efficiency isn't the greatest. He'd get the OROY for sure though.

As for my choices for MVP? Matt Ryan, Peyton Manning, JJ Watt and probably Charles Tillman but it's awfully hard for a defensive player to win that award so those two may be long shots.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Matt Ryan - Being the QB of the only undefeated team automatically gets you on the list. On top of that he has been great all year long. If Atlanta runs the table (still a looooong way to go) I can't see anyone else winning it, but even if they don't he'll get some serious consideration.

Peyton Manning - He's completing nearly 70% of his passes, leads the league in passer rating, completion % and yards per attempt, and he's top 5 in yards and TDs. On top of that he's coming back from a major injury and has Denver in a close race for a top #2 seed in the AFC. If Atlanta doesn't run the table I think Peyton has the best chance of winning.

Adrian Peterson - He's averaging nearly 6 yards per carry and is a huge reason why Minnesota is 5-4. If they can grab a playoff spot it'll help his cause, but the NFL is such a QB-driven league I think it'll be tough for him to win.

There's still a few more guys who I think can win it and deserve consideration, but these are my top 3 right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

You have two guys coming back from injuries that are playing exceptional football in Manning and Peterson, Matt Ryan is playing well too.
Thing with Ryan though, I have a hard time putting him over Manning or Aaron Rodgers to be honest. I don't see how Ryan is playing better, or means more to his team, than those two QB's.
Peterson needs to have a buttload of TD's the last 7 games in order to come close IMO.

What really strikes me is, the Broncos offense looks incredible with Manning back there now. Of the Broncos remaining games, they probably could realistically go 6-2/7-1, which would mean they would wind up 11-5 or 12-4, which would be a 3 or 4 win increase from last year and very dangerous in the playoffs.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
You have two guys coming back from injuries that are playing exceptional football in Manning and Peterson, Matt Ryan is playing well too.
Thing with Ryan though, I have a hard time putting him over Manning or Aaron Rodgers to be honest. I don't see how Ryan is playing better, or means more to his team, than those two QB's.
Peterson needs to have a buttload of TD's the last 7 games in order to come close IMO.

What really strikes me is, the Broncos offense looks incredible with Manning back there now. Of the Broncos remaining games, they probably could realistically go 6-2/7-1, which would mean they would wind up 11-5 or 12-4, which would be a 3 or 4 win increase from last year and very dangerous in the playoffs.
Without Matt Ryan the Falcons win maybe 2 games. Without Manning the Broncos won the division last year an won a playoff game with Tebow. Nothing to say about Rodgers. He's the best QB in the league
Old 11-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAM-IncReDiBLe-
Without Matt Ryan the Falcons win maybe 2 games. Without Manning the Broncos won the division last year an won a playoff game with Tebow. Nothing to say about Rodgers. He's the best QB in the league
And yet, Rodgers is willing the team to win without the likes of Greg Jennings, sometimes Jordy Nelson, Cedric Benson and now Brian Bulaga.

Take Roddy or Julio out for most of the season and see how the Falcons fare.

Not taking anything away from Matty Ice, he is having a great MVP type season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »