Home

what type of scores do you normally get?

This is a discussion on what type of scores do you normally get? within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
what type of scores do you normally get?

I usually score in the low to mid 50's in my games. I only play 12 min halves. Wofford is the team I'm using for my current legacy. Trying to figure out what the typical final scores are for college basketball games. I don't watch much college b'ball. I know the championship game a couple years ago between butler and duke was like 55-50 or something like that. I didn't think that was normal for a college basketball game ...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: what type of scores do you normally get?

it all depends on the school.
Im currently coaching UCA(central arkansas) with 14 minute halfs and I average 61 pts per game.before that I coached URI (rhode island) and was averaging ID say about 71 ppg.

my simmed minutes are at 20 for the rest of my legacy teams and there are few teams that average in the 90s. the low is in the 50s but the average for most teams is in the 70-80 point range.

by the way, your teams averages fluctuate yearly, based on recruiting etc. so I wouldnt keep tweaking the minutes.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
it all depends on the school.
Im currently coaching UCA(central arkansas) with 14 minute halfs and I average 61 pts per game.before that I coached URI (rhode island) and was averaging ID say about 71 ppg.

my simmed minutes are at 20 for the rest of my legacy teams and there are few teams that average in the 90s. the low is in the 50s but the average for most teams is in the 70-80 point range.

by the way, your teams averages fluctuate yearly, based on recruiting etc. so I wouldnt keep tweaking the minutes

Thanks. that is good to know because I was about to bump up the minutes. I may give it a couple seasons and see. this is only my first.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

What are your shooting percentages and how many field goal and free throw attempts are you getting per game?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
What are your shooting percentages and how many field goal and free throw attempts are you getting per game?
shooting percentage average is 41%. My last game I shot 53%. an Ive had games where Ive shot as low as 30% and as high as 60%.
free throws 15.8 per game
field goal attempts is 47 per game.
three point % is 28% and I average 12 attempts per game

Last edited by tril; 12-29-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
6 games into my first season:

field goal %- 44.7
fg attempts- 52.5 /game

3 pt %- 34.3
3 point attempts - 5.33/game

ft %- 69.9
ft attempts- 11.7/game

Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
6 games into my first season:

field goal %- 44.7
fg attempts- 52.5 /game

3 pt %- 34.3
3 point attempts - 5.33/game

ft %- 69.9
ft attempts- 11.7/game
You could be getting a few more shots off, personally I'd like to be over 60 FGA per game. Shooting 3's is more a playing style choice, 5/gm is really low though, FTA could also probably be a bit higher but that number could easily increase with more shot attempts or aggressive offense.

Personally, I'd probably bump up the minutes and tweak some sliders for fouls. I've been using the 15 minute sliders right above this thread and getting good results. I've had 58-55 games and games in the 80's.

However, 6 games isn't a huge game sample. Maybe play out some or all of the season they way you are now and adjust after you get to see 30+ games worth of stats, before tweaking too much.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
You could be getting a few more shots off, personally I'd like to be over 60 FGA per game. Shooting 3's is more a playing style choice, 5/gm is really low though, FTA could also probably be a bit higher but that number could easily increase with more shot attempts or aggressive offense.

Personally, I'd probably bump up the minutes and tweak some sliders for fouls. I've been using the 15 minute sliders right above this thread and getting good results. I've had 58-55 games and games in the 80's.

However, 6 games isn't a huge game sample. Maybe play out some or all of the season they way you are now and adjust after you get to see 30+ games worth of stats, before tweaking too much.

Thanks for the suggestion.

do you use up a large portion of the shot clock and run plays or do you take a lot of quick shots?

I was thinking of maybe adjusting the minutes and sliders after this season, like you stated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »