Home

Anticipation Attribute

This is a discussion on Anticipation Attribute within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Anticipation Attribute

The title says it all. I like to tinker with attributes of 2K Sports' games and see what I can get out of them. Here is a quick link to the goalies whose attributes I edited for 2k10, countless hours but end result, much better goalies, very 2k8ish for those that get the reference.

Anyway, as a fan of MLB 2k12 a few things bugged me defensively. Biggest one was the infielders running at everything full speed, including line drives that were ripped at them, should be no time to take 8 steps at a smoke shot....unless...........they are "anticipating" it, which I think triggers those awkward charges and stuff.

SO, I edited 1 team, Red Sox, and put all their "anticipation" defensive ratings at their lowest value (25) and played 2 games. The defense looked great as they play to their "Range" now and not "anticipating" a ball.

Give it a shot. Takes 2 minutes to edit 1 team. Play them vs. each other, see if it was just me or if they played much less frantic and much more composed if you will.

I know 2k13 is right around the corner, but now is when it is fun to see what you can get out of the game in its last breath per se.

GLOBAL EDIT

Anticipation: 25
Acceleration: 99
Catcher Block Plate: 99

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 12-14-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Anticipation Attribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
The title says it all. I like to tinker with attributes of 2K Sports' games and see what I can get out of them. Here is a quick link to the goalies whose attributes I edited for 2k10, countless hours but end result, much better goalies, very 2k8ish for those that get the reference.

Anyway, as a fan of MLB 2k12 a few things bugged me defensively. Biggest one was the infielders running at everything full speed, including line drives that were ripped at them, should be no time to take 8 steps at a smoke shot....unless...........they are "anticipating" it, which I think triggers those awkward charges and stuff.

SO, I edited 1 team, Red Sox, and put all their "anticipation" defensive ratings at their lowest value (25) and played 2 games. The defense looked great as they play to their "Range" now and not "anticipating" a ball.

Give it a shot. Takes 2 minutes to edit 1 team. Play them vs. each other, see if it was just me or if they played much less frantic and much more composed if you will.

I know 2k13 is right around the corner, but now is when it is fun to see what you can get out of the game in its last breath per se.
I'll give it a whirl! Thanks

When watching replays, and i'm assuming you watched plenty, did you notice how soon after contact they took their first step towards the ball and was there a difference?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Ya, and the balls up the middle, the middle infield doesn't seem to go straight across or in towards home plate to make the play. They take a better angle towards centerfield. Looks much more realistic.

The one that kept killing me was the line drives. I played in college, I'll tell ya, there is NO time to be running at a line drive. Obviously this isn't recoding the game, it is merely and attempt to tame.

I also have outfield speed at 5 and infield at 0 for sliders. With OF Throw speed of 95 (to offset their slow release and runners getting extra bases due to that) and IF throw speed at 75 to get more bang bang plays.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Hmmmm... I wonder if the guys will be able to eventually take my roster file and do a global edit on it using the Reditor?? This could be a HUGE find (making it more likely I do NOT purchase 2K13 by the day). Thanks!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #5
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

I just played a 3rd game. Saw some sick double plays. Saw a one hop rocket go by Ortiz at 1st, he is no gold glover, but normally would have fielded it and made a running motion towards the 1st base coach's box.

Very interesting. I'm going to do some more editing later on tonight hopefully, see if I can find a medium between range and anticipation or sometihing. Few beers and my wheels get turning.

Give it a go. I will say, playing defense with Ellsbury in center is way better than playing with Sweeney. We shall see where this goes. I did a bunch of global ediiting on NHL 2k10, went miles and we instituted it into the newest roster updates. Check my You Tube channel for some of those vids and improvements.

So far I like it. But need to play a few more games. And may also bump up outfield speed to 10 as they definitely lost that first "anticipatory" step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Hmmmm... I wonder if the guys will be able to eventually take my roster file and do a global edit on it using the Reditor?? This could be a HUGE find (making it more likely I do NOT purchase 2K13 by the day). Thanks!
Just tried and yes in three seconds all players 25 anticipation, lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I just played a 3rd game. Saw some sick double plays. Saw a one hop rocket go by Ortiz at 1st, he is no gold glover, but normally would have fielded it and made a running motion towards the 1st base coach's box.

Very interesting. I'm going to do some more editing later on tonight hopefully, see if I can find a medium between range and anticipation or sometihing. Few beers and my wheels get turning.

Give it a go. I will say, playing defense with Ellsbury in center is way better than playing with Sweeney. We shall see where this goes. I did a bunch of global ediiting on NHL 2k10, went miles and we instituted it into the newest roster updates. Check my You Tube channel for some of those vids and improvements.

So far I like it. But need to play a few more games. And may also bump up outfield speed to 10 as they definitely lost that first "anticipatory" step.
Cheers, keep us posted.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #8
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

Wondering if anyone had a chance to try anticipation at 25? Impressions?

I was planning on testing some more last night but I ended up out with my coaching staff till the weeeee hours of the morning crushing beers....I teach, kids are a joy today. Ugh.

Anyway, I think we're on to something. Just looking to see if anyone else tried and what their impressions were, also, what were your defensive sliders at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »