Home

NBA 2K14 Workaround to play MyCareer/MyGM (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Workaround to play MyCareer/MyGM (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Exclamation NBA 2K14 Make a 2nd Profile to Play MyCareer/MyGM until patch is released (Xbox One)

Note 1: Steve_OS has given permission to start this thread via twitter
Note 2: There's a TL;DR version toward the end of this wall of text.

Dear fellow upset XB1 players trying to play MyCareer/MyGM-

I did several searches but could not find any threads dedicated to sharing this info, but I DID happen to come across multiple users who have posted this same workaround briefly in some of the 100+ page threads, only to be lost and buried shortly after (Example)
This being said, it appears I am not the only one who has figured this out. I'm not trying to take credit for figuring this out; I'm simply sharing the information so as to make it more accessible for everyone.

This 'temporary workaround' is directed to those of you who wish to play the game (all modes including MyCareer/MyGM), but don't want to lose your current (corrupt) game saves, VC, and all other data on the Xbox by resetting to factory defaults. Although it is uncertain when 2k will be able to fix the various issues, I'm trying to stay optimistic that they will eventually fix the problem and I can keep the VC I paid for and keep all of the saves I have already put time into.

To do this, you must create another Profile/Gamertag on your Xbox One. Luckily for us, this is not only free, but also a much quicker and simpler process given that there is already 1 Gamertag with an Xbox Live Gold Membership (ex. My main Gamertag with corrupt saves). For those of you who are unaware of this new feature, all profiles you create will have Gamertags automatically generated and be able to access all features that the main account with Gold Membership can (aka everything).

Below I will post the steps to create and add a new Profile/Gamertag on the Xbox One. Good luck to you all, I hope this works for everyone.Again, I take no credit in being the first to discover this method, because I know for a fact I am not, I just want the information to be more easily accessible for EVERYONE to have an opportunity to play if they so choose.

TL;DR- Create a new profile on your Xbox One, open up NBA 2k14, and have fun.
Reply to this thread or contact me via twitter @Schoessel if you have questions, comments, or concerns. All feedback is encouraged.

Thanks for reading and happy gaming.
iReinhardt

Steps to create and add the new profile to your console:
1) From your Xbox One dashboard, Select on the profile icon in the top left corner.
2) Select 'Add New'
3) Close the on-screen keyboard by pressing B, then Select 'Get a new email'
4) Follow the rest of the instructions to create your new profile
5) Make sure you are signed into the new profile, then put in your NBA 2k14 disc or select 'My games & apps' if you have the Cloud version.
6) Once the game is up, it will ask you to create a 2K account. I recommend using your newly created outlook.com address.
7) Post on this thread to confirm if it works or for some reason doesn't.
8) Share this information with everyone that you can, since it has become apparent that 2K isn't going to tell us anything.

Special thanks to Steve_OS for allowing me to start this thread. I could not have posted this otherwise.

Last edited by iReinhardt; 01-14-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 AM   #2
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: [Xbox One] NBA 2K14 Workaround to play MyCareer/MyGM

If the file is corrupt it won't work on another GT right? sorry for the stupid question
Old 01-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
If the file is corrupt it won't work on another GT right? sorry for the stupid question
Not a stupid question at all, I thought the same thing. But from what I understand, the save files are per Gamertag. So basically when I made a new profile real quick and opened NBA 2k14, it recognized me as a different user, therefore keeping the corrupt saves from my original Gamertag separate from these. I just wanted a way to play, even if it meant starting a new player/GM, and this does that perfectly. The new saves have no issues whatsoever. Once they patch the servers, I hope to go back to my original Gamertag.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:23 AM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for this info.

Apparently the devs are still working on the prob (via twitter Ronnie).
Old 01-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Apparently the devs are still working on the prob (via twitter Ronnie).
Yes, I have been keeping up with Ronnie over the past few days. He claims they are still working to fix it, and that it takes 10-14 days per patch/fix to be approved. However, we haven't gotten any word indicating if they have even fixed the problem and are in that approval process yet. It's a mess!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Workaround to play MyCareer/MyGM (Xbox One)

Just another question if we start this ahem with another gamer tag won't any achievements we earn be put on that new profile in which case I wouldn't be interested and don't think it is fair for us to have to do that?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:53 AM   #7
Rookie

this is not the solution.... i create another gt and it works.. i can to play mygm or mycarrier but..... you can't play free.... after some game the file will be corrupted again.... so you spent your time to create another mygm to play your shedule, to do some trade and after 20 or 30 games you have to stop again because the file will be corrupt again....
if they does'nt fix the bug yuo can also create 20 GT but sooner or later the bug will appear....
Old 01-14-2014, 04:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
Just another question if we start this ahem with another gamer tag won't any achievements we earn be put on that new profile in which case I wouldn't be interested and don't think it is fair for us to have to do that?
You are correct that those achievements would only be earned on the new profile. You are also correct in stating that it isn't fair for us to have to do it. I agree, but this is simply a method anyone can use if they wish to play they game during this waiting period as 2k devs work to fix the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabioprince
this is not the solution.... i create another gt and it works.. i can to play mygm or mycarrier but..... you can't play free.... after some game the file will be corrupted again
You couldn't be more right by saying this is not the solution. This is a way to play MyCareer/MyGM for the next couple of days while they fix their servers and hopefully repair saves. Before, all I could play on 2K14 was a quick match, and even then had issues with being kicked back to the home screen on occasion. Now, I can play MyCareer and MyGM on a new profile flawlessly.
I'm not sure about the validity of your latter statement. After 10+ games in MyCareer on the new profile, I've experienced 0 problems, and have been conversing with others who are experiencing the same problem-free game saves. Do you have hard evidence that says it will eventually become corrupt? I'm just curious where your information came from.

Last edited by iReinhardt; 01-14-2014 at 04:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »