Home

Did they adjust gameplay again with latest update?

This is a discussion on Did they adjust gameplay again with latest update? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Did they adjust gameplay again with latest update?

Just downloaded latest update and immediately could tell that something was changed. I was winning the game without really trying compared to last night and was hitting a much higher amount of long and mid range shots! This is with modified defensive settings. So, immediately I thought they must have loosened up the game due to complaints about difficulty of making shots. Therefore I switched back to default defensive settings on Superstar and sure enough I am hitting a higher amount of shots. Defense appears less intense and steals have become much easier! Not sure if I like this so will play a few more games to get a good feel for it.

Please confirm what you all are witnessing after the update! Hope this game does not become too easy again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Did they adjust gameplay again with latest update?

Definitely not too easy. I had a time putting away the Wolves with the Cavs. I think it's a great balance. As long as you have your foul sliders up, stealing isn't as easy.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Pro

I'm still in testing mode so will report more later. You can confirm changes were made then, good. At least I'm not loosing my mind . I sure hope the cpu puts up a challenge like you say, sounds promising. I'm comparing against my defensive settings ( vs default ) and that allowed for more mid range shooting from the cpu. Can you say that was the case vs the Wolves or were points concentrated in the paint again? Cavs getting a challenge from the Wolves does sound promising though! Stay tuned for my feedback on this.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
Pro

Btw, I have actually had the foul Sliders allthe way up from day one. I also play with Baseline Low and that may explain why I get so many steals even with players who have no business doing so.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvenn
I'm still in testing mode so will report more later. You can confirm changes were made then, good. At least I'm not loosing my mind . I sure hope the cpu puts up a challenge like you say, sounds promising. I'm comparing against my defensive settings ( vs default ) and that allowed for more mid range shooting from the cpu. Can you say that was the case vs the Wolves or were points concentrated in the paint again? Cavs getting a challenge from the Wolves does sound promising though! Stay tuned for my feedback on this.
That's a really big problem. They release updates without letting us know what they are for. They never seem to put notes in. They did it for the first patch, ever since then it just refers to their online site. To my knowledge these smaller updates aren't even posted online with notes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Definitely not too easy. I had a time putting away the Wolves with the Cavs. I think it's a great balance. As long as you have your foul sliders up, stealing isn't as easy.
Can you confirm that they made shooting a little easier?
Old 12-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

They did make the shooting easier, I noticed that yesterday
Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
Pro

WTF, also what was the fg% for both team?.As indicated by ThaLiveKing was the adjustment made yesterday and if so do your new videos reflect this or were they recorded before the update?

Also, have you all noticed an inordinate or uncomfortable amount of passes bounces off players heads, etc? I saw it on occasion previously but far too frequent now. So far game seems ok. Going to test in Dynasty for more observation!

Last edited by Calvenn; 12-23-2014 at 07:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »