Home

Contract editing issue...

This is a discussion on Contract editing issue... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2015, 11:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Contract editing issue...

Sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere else..

I went through every team and fixed each guys contract to match real life. After doing so, I figured I would test out and sim several seasons (4 total). To my surprise, teams are running out of money and letting big guys walk and stay in Free Agency all season. Strasburg and J. Upton to name a few. After the next season is over, those guys retire because of lack of interest as a Free Agent. Sorry to be the person with bad news, maybe somebody can give some insite and get this fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2015, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Contract editing issue...

30 team control, increase budgets and shed payroll every way you can to keep the mega contracts.. This big money era will bust sooner or later. The TV money will dry up eventually...I dont think this type of thing will be fixed in a patch, thats why they have the contracts and budgets they have as default.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was worried about this. It has always been a problem for "The Show." It is going to take a lot of simming and experimenting to try to fix this. The main problem is they only gave every team 10 million more in budget than the costs of their current contracts. Then it adjusts it at the end of the year based on team performance but ever so slightly.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

MLB Bob, I agree 100%. I don't think it will be patched either and that is fine with me. I was mainly letting you guys know so you all didn't waste your time editing contracts to match real life. I decided to go back to default contracts and start my franchise.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:07 AM   #5
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch150
MLB Bob, I agree 100%. I don't think it will be patched either and that is fine with me. I was mainly letting you guys know so you all didn't waste your time editing contracts to match real life. I decided to go back to default contracts and start my franchise.

its not really that much different from last year with the work around, now we just dont have to use the work around and can do it from the start. I'll like the feature for the fictional roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 01:50 AM   #6
Rookie

What is the workaround?
Old 04-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I guess I don't completely understand the problem. Are you saying that NO ONE will sign certain players due to their high salary demands? Or just that they aren't resigned by their current teams?

I'm working on fixing the contracts too. Took me two hours to do the NL last night. Doing the AL tonight, and then I'll jump into a practice franchise until the OSFM rosters are done.

I will not ever control more than one team. That takes any and all fun out of the game for me. I also don't play quite that far into the future. Generally 2 or 3 seasons including simming.

For me, the immediate realism of real contracts is MUCH more important than something that might happen years down the road.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #8
Pro

Honestly, I personally would just focus more on getting the lengths of contracts 100% correct more then the amounts of at least the big boy contracts like Giancarlo and Kershaw...The amounts....maybe just get ur team completely 100% correct in everyway possible...better to cripple urself then the CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »