Home

Question about predownloads & EA Access

This is a discussion on Question about predownloads & EA Access within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Question about predownloads & EA Access

I'm lucky enough to have Thursday & Friday off this year, so I'm looking forward to M16 through EA Access on the 20th. However, my internet speeds are slow here (we can only get 10mbps here), so I'm wondering a couple things:

1. If I pre-order Madden 16 on Xbox One right now, will it predownload? Xbox Live isn't clear on when it's available. It says you can download before release day (duh), but it doesn't say if it downloads now or later closer to the 25th.

2. If it does download now, and I will have already purchased it, will that mess up the EA Access 10 hour trial? Will I still get to use the trial, or will it lock me out because I already "own" the game?

I'm basically trying to see if I can have it downloaded before Access goes live on the 20th to maximize my time. I have to work the weekend, and I didn't want to waste any of Thursday with downloading it. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question about predownloads & EA Access

IF I understand correctly, the 10 hours is actual game play time, so you only lose it as you play the game...I believe the pre-order download begins on the 20th, so most likely at midnight of the 19th day, so you could start the download then and let it finish over night...

THis is how I understand it - If I got anything wrong, I apologize..
Old 08-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
IF I understand correctly, the 10 hours is actual game play time, so you only lose it as you play the game...I believe the pre-order download begins on the 20th, so most likely at midnight of the 19th day, so you could start the download then and let it finish over night...

THis is how I understand it - If I got anything wrong, I apologize..
This guy's got it right.

Also EA and other companies usually say when they game is available for predownload.. When you download through EA early access, it's basically the full game, but some features may be locked.

Also what I'm going to do is set my xbox to download while off, so the trial can be downloaded when I get home from work.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Datninja619; 08-16-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #4
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm lucky enough to have Thursday & Friday off this year, so I'm looking forward to M16 through EA Access on the 20th. However, my internet speeds are slow here (we can only get 10mbps here), so I'm wondering a couple things:

1. If I pre-order Madden 16 on Xbox One right now, will it predownload? Xbox Live isn't clear on when it's available. It says you can download before release day (duh), but it doesn't say if it downloads now or later closer to the 25th.

2. If it does download now, and I will have already purchased it, will that mess up the EA Access 10 hour trial? Will I still get to use the trial, or will it lock me out because I already "own" the game?

I'm basically trying to see if I can have it downloaded before Access goes live on the 20th to maximize my time. I have to work the weekend, and I didn't want to waste any of Thursday with downloading it. Any thoughts?

I just preordered the digital game today, and it automatically began to download. I also have ea access, and you can still have your 10 hour early access.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 08-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
Rookie

JPBeBeast's Arena

Preordered today...it downloaded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 1

Awesome, ok. Thank you for the response!

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Be aware that if you accidentally leave the game running and walk away and get busy this eats up your free early access time. I think this happened with me where I was sitting at some of the menus checking out options and had to leave the room....got distracted and ended up leaving the house for 2-3 hours and when I got back I had used up the remainder of my trial time sitting on the menu screen.

I know this may seem obvious and was kind of a stupid move on my part but I thought I would forewarn anybody new to EA access that this is the case so they don't waste any of their trial time. It's best to completely close the game when you aren't actually playing to ensure that you get the most out of the trial.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:19 AM   #8
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Be aware that if you accidentally leave the game running and walk away and get busy this eats up your free early access time. I think this happened with me where I was sitting at some of the menus checking out options and had to leave the room....got distracted and ended up leaving the house for 2-3 hours and when I got back I had used up the remainder of my trial time sitting on the menu screen.

I know this may seem obvious and was kind of a stupid move on my part but I thought I would forewarn anybody new to EA access that this is the case so they don't waste any of their trial time. It's best to completely close the game when you aren't actually playing to ensure that you get the most out of the trial.
Great tip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »