Home

Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts.

This is a discussion on Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts.

2K has crippled the SF position.

I've never made a Demi God nor did I even play a SF last year (SG&PF)

Why am I being punished for making a SF this year?

Ball Handling is nowhere near respectable. I'm stripped on every drive and one wrong turn and he drops the ball.

Speed is nowhere near a threat. AD has a speed of 81 as a POWER FORWARD and my speed maxes out at 72 I believe ..

Shooting is nowhere near consistent. A 75 shot of 3 is pitiful

Small Forwards, Shooting Guards, and Power Forwards all need boosts to their stat caps.

SGs, and SF need increases to their speed and ball handling. Somewhere around 83-85

SF shot needs to be around 80 and SGs around 85 depending on plays style

Steals need to be toned way down and more fouls called. I literally get stripped 3-4 times a game with max play making.

PGs and Centers are the only respectable positions unless you're a 5'10 SG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts.

I'll take this over DEMI's which still exist, saw a 7'3 PG in Old Town 2v2 last week. If it's been patched out then great, however I do not know one way or the other.

I like the CAPs for MP at the least because it doesn't allow users to build a team with a very well rounded player (last years 7ft SF), and be successful. You need a PG to handle the ball primarily, you need shooting, and you need size.

I'd be surprised an 'Outside' SF standing 3pt maxes out at 75, but maybe it does. But that means your mid range is 80, and 2's are very valuable this year, as well as big men since 3pt makes have been toned down (which is a good thing).

But you can always add a boost, or use cards. I like the way it's spread out this year, no position is dominant, all are needed and piece together nicely if done realistically for a well rounded team.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #3
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

If Sf will have 80 3pt and increase speed zig zag cheese or something worse INC
Old 10-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #4
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMG007
2K has crippled the SF position.

I've never made a Demi God nor did I even play a SF last year (SG&PF)

Why am I being punished for making a SF this year?

Ball Handling is nowhere near respectable. I'm stripped on every drive and one wrong turn and he drops the ball.

Speed is nowhere near a threat. AD has a speed of 81 as a POWER FORWARD and my speed maxes out at 72 I believe ..

Shooting is nowhere near consistent. A 75 shot of 3 is pitiful

Small Forwards, Shooting Guards, and Power Forwards all need boosts to their stat caps.

SGs, and SF need increases to their speed and ball handling. Somewhere around 83-85

SF shot needs to be around 80 and SGs around 85 depending on plays style

Steals need to be toned way down and more fouls called. I literally get stripped 3-4 times a game with max play making.

PGs and Centers are the only respectable positions unless you're a 5'10 SG
Well... the OS community cried for caps and they got them.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

I have to agree that the caps this year are in some cases ridiculous and will ultimately limit our gameplay options. I am not asking to be the GOAT, but we should be able to obtain skill levels that are at least equal to the current best at our position in the NBA. With the current caps, I feel like I can be somewhat good at everything, but not excel in anything. Mediocrity is so boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

A thousand pities - many feel the same at these three positions but especially SG and SF.

A 6ft PG can have his driving dunk and contact dunk at 90+ for some strange reason...

I'm hoping they make adjustments to these caps. I still have respectable success with a 67 on 3pt and 70 mid (10 bars on balanced 6'6" SG) but it's the ball control caps at SG that really irk me, and next would be speed and acceleration.

I recommend you shell out some coins on boosts. I been using 800vc on Athlete for 5 games for use in Park and it helps.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
I'll take this over DEMI's which still exist, saw a 7'3 PG in Old Town 2v2 last week. If it's been patched out then great, however I do not know one way or the other.

I like the CAPs for MP at the least because it doesn't allow users to build a team with a very well rounded player (last years 7ft SF), and be successful. You need a PG to handle the ball primarily, you need shooting, and you need size.

I'd be surprised an 'Outside' SF standing 3pt maxes out at 75, but maybe it does. But that means your mid range is 80, and 2's are very valuable this year, as well as big men since 3pt makes have been toned down (which is a good thing).

But you can always add a boost, or use cards. I like the way it's spread out this year, no position is dominant, all are needed and piece together nicely if done realistically for a well rounded team.
Centers and PGs are dominant.

A small forward that can't drive or shoot is essentially useless.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
A thousand pities - many feel the same at these three positions but especially SG and SF.

A 6ft PG can have his driving dunk and contact dunk at 90+ for some strange reason...

I'm hoping they make adjustments to these caps. I still have respectable success with a 67 on 3pt and 70 mid (10 bars on balanced 6'6" SG) but it's the ball control caps at SG that really irk me, and next would be speed and acceleration.

I recommend you shell out some coins on boosts. I been using 800vc on Athlete for 5 games for use in Park and it helps.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
The ball control cap at SG irritates the hell out of me, it's as if no one but PGs can dribble and hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. And when you tie in how high steals can go as opposed to ball control, it seems rather one-sided.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »