Home

Madden 17 Franchise Trade Discussion - for those who don't care about realism

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Franchise Trade Discussion - for those who don't care about realism within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1
Talking Madden 17 Franchise Trade Discussion - for those who don't care about realism

Hey everyone,

I always find the trade discussion threads for games are filled with a lot of people that gripe about what people do ... getting down on people because whatever they traded for wasn't realistic in their eyes and think that's somehow makes them bad people. LOL. I personally think people take playing a video game WAY too seriously ... It's a video game to be played for fun and so long as what you're doing is making you happy what's wrong with that? It's not hurting anyone. (no offence to those of you who give yourself ulcers over worrying whether the trade would likely happen in real life)

I'm always curious what people do with the franchises they choose to play. Who they chose to run with, how they chose to mould the team through trades or free agency, why they did a specific trade, etc.

So if you want to chat about your franchise, what trades and signings you did, how well or how poorly you're doing, and what you've done to try to mould your team into the team you want to play with feel free to discuss it here. There will be no criticism regarding realism or whether one trade was overweighted or underweighted. Just some fun lighthearted discussion. And maybe it might give somebody an idea for their team if you're playing the same team.

I'm running with my beloved Raiders

I don't usually do a lot of trades but I thought I'd have some fun this year trying to see if I could address the needs of my team based on what the game is saying to me and based on some deficiencies on what I'd like to play towards. I tried to find some trades that were somewhat reasonable where I could upgrade certain aspects of a position or trade for a stud by giving up a reasonable player and significant draft choices the following year. I figured if I can secure a couple players with some years left to play at a reasonable level I'd be willing to give up some future prospects

MY TRADES...

****#1****

WR Andre Holmes
SS Nate Allen
5th round draft pick next season

to the Steelers

WR Martavis Bryant
SS Shamarko Thomas

I did this trade because I wanted to get a slot receiver that had more speed. Holmes was OK but definitely not as quick as Bryant. And I like to run a lot of crossing in slot post patterns where that extra burst of speed is helpful. I also really want to get Karl Joseph on the field as a starter to see how he would progress since he's a rookie. His stats were comparable or better in some aspects to Allen so I figured I'd offload him to help upgrade my WRs.

****#2****

CB TJ Carrie
7th round draft pick next season

To the Broncos

CB Bradley Roby

This trade was basically a trade off for some added speed and some better awareness and zoneg and man coverage. Speedy slot receivers are always tricky to deal with so it seemed like a logical upgrade

****#3****

3rd round draft pick next season
4th round draft pick next season
DT Justin Ellis

To the Panthers

DT Star Lotulelei

I plan to play a lot more 4–3 then the Raiders normally do, I still will play some 3–4, but I generally prefer to start early first downs with a strong 4–3 defence which of course requires a solid centre so this upgrade was a must. Traded speed for more strength

****#4****

2nd round draft pick next season
TE Michael Riviera

To the Bills

TE Charles Clay

Really wasn't a fan of the Raiders TEs. Wanted to get one good solid starting TE that had some good speed, some good catching ability, and was a decent runningépass blocker. Traded away a decent guy and a high draft pick to try to justify it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Franchise Trade Discussion - for those who don't care about realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious
Hey everyone,

I always find the trade discussion threads for games are filled with a lot of people that gripe about what people do ... getting down on people because whatever they traded for wasn't realistic in their eyes and think that's somehow makes them bad people. LOL. I personally think people take playing a video game WAY too seriously ... It's a video game to be played for fun and so long as what you're doing is making you happy what's wrong with that? It's not hurting anyone. (no offence to those of you who give yourself ulcers over worrying whether the trade would likely happen in real life)

I'm always curious what people do with the franchises they choose to play. Who they chose to run with, how they chose to mould the team through trades or free agency, why they did a specific trade, etc.

So if you want to chat about your franchise, what trades and signings you did, how well or how poorly you're doing, and what you've done to try to mould your team into the team you want to play with feel free to discuss it here. There will be no criticism regarding realism or whether one trade was overweighted or underweighted. Just some fun lighthearted discussion. And maybe it might give somebody an idea for their team if you're playing the same team.

I'm running with my beloved Raiders

I don't usually do a lot of trades but I thought I'd have some fun this year trying to see if I could address the needs of my team based on what the game is saying to me and based on some deficiencies on what I'd like to play towards. I tried to find some trades that were somewhat reasonable where I could upgrade certain aspects of a position or trade for a stud by giving up a reasonable player and significant draft choices the following year. I figured if I can secure a couple players with some years left to play at a reasonable level I'd be willing to give up some future prospects

MY TRADES...

****#1****

WR Andre Holmes
SS Nate Allen
5th round draft pick next season

to the Steelers

WR Martavis Bryant
SS Shamarko Thomas

I did this trade because I wanted to get a slot receiver that had more speed. Holmes was OK but definitely not as quick as Bryant. And I like to run a lot of crossing in slot post patterns where that extra burst of speed is helpful. I also really want to get Karl Joseph on the field as a starter to see how he would progress since he's a rookie. His stats were comparable or better in some aspects to Allen so I figured I'd offload him to help upgrade my WRs.

****#2****

CB TJ Carrie
7th round draft pick next season

To the Broncos

CB Bradley Roby

This trade was basically a trade off for some added speed and some better awareness and zoneg and man coverage. Speedy slot receivers are always tricky to deal with so it seemed like a logical upgrade

****#3****

3rd round draft pick next season
4th round draft pick next season
DT Justin Ellis

To the Panthers

DT Star Lotulelei

I plan to play a lot more 4–3 then the Raiders normally do, I still will play some 3–4, but I generally prefer to start early first downs with a strong 4–3 defence which of course requires a solid centre so this upgrade was a must. Traded speed for more strength

****#4****

2nd round draft pick next season
TE Michael Riviera

To the Bills

TE Charles Clay

Really wasn't a fan of the Raiders TEs. Wanted to get one good solid starting TE that had some good speed, some good catching ability, and was a decent runningépass blocker. Traded away a decent guy and a high draft pick to try to justify it.
Man why you gotta take shots at us sim gamers?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Re: Madden 17 Franchise Trade Discussion - for those who don't care about realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Man why you gotta take shots at us sim gamers?

It wasn't a shot... u guy have ur realistic trade thread, this is for those who are not worrying about that aspect as much
Old 09-02-2016, 10:32 PM   #4
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
It wasn't a shot... u guy have ur realistic trade thread, this is for those who are not worrying about that aspect as much
Nah but you took shots tho. Some of us like a challenge and not going undefeated every year.

Old 09-02-2016, 10:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Nah but you took shots tho. Some of us like a challenge and not going undefeated every year.

think u need to be a little less hypersensitive to my post.... ill be far from undefeated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
think u need to be a little less hypersensitive to my post.... ill be far from undefeated
I ain't hypersensitive it's just I don't like people who sneak diss. If you got something to say, say it.

Old 09-02-2016, 11:05 PM   #7
Rookie

v0ice0freas0n's Arena

Can't tell if Rich is trolling or not.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #8
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Both of you, just drop it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »