Home

Defense has finally gone too far in this game

This is a discussion on Defense has finally gone too far in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 12:52 PM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

So I walk into the practice gym and start getting up some shots. I get a prompt for some 1-on-1 which was weird because with my camera settings, I didn't see anybody else in the gym. I accept reluctantly because if it's Justice, I'll likely lose 10-0 despite the fact that he's garbage in game. Anyway, it's not Justice. It's Greg Monroe. You can imagine my excitement when I see that this lumbering giant who has built-in commentary about how defense isn't his forte, wants to guard my 6'3 playmaker with a gold ankle breaker badge. Time to put him on skates. Except that didn't happen. No matter what moves I tried, combos, crosses, running start double moves, spins, nothing. Kawhi Leonard, excuse me, Greg Monroe was with me like a conjoined twin.

I mean look at that foot speed. If he played like this in game we'd be undefeated. This game is ridiculous, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Re: Defense has finally gone too far in this game

You have to give your drive more time to work

In this clip I notice easily that you tend to just give up on a drive when you make any contact, even while you are beginning to slip around the waist of the defender
Old 11-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
You have to give your drive more time to work

In this clip I notice easily that you tend to just give up on a drive when you make any contact, even while you are beginning to slip around the waist of the defender
Every time I tried to make my way through the contact, it forced me to pick the ball up. Of course this being 1v1 my only option is to shoot which he would promptly block every time being that he's nearly a foot taller than me.

The problem is he shouldn't be able to stay in front of me. My dribbling stats are maxed out, my ankle breaker badge is gold, and he's a slow, nonathletic center whose lateral quickness sits at 49 with an on-ball defensive IQ of 61. He should get cooked. Imagine this matchup against a similar real life guard. Chris Paul would abuse it.

Last edited by isdatyt; 11-18-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Well Drummond runs me down from a high P&R and I'm 99 speed. The defense is cheating even more this year by making the guarding player as fast as he needs to be. Especially on lateral movement.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
Well Drummond runs me down from a high P&R and I'm 99 speed. The defense is cheating even more this year by making the guarding player as fast as he needs to be. Especially on lateral movement.
The worst thing about it is that the game didn't ship like this. Every YouTuber that went to the event praised how mismatches were handled. Now they don't exist. Launch night it felt amazing to have a big switched on Kyrie and go to work. Or catch a guard on Boogie and put him on a poster, now that aspect of the game is pretty much gone. Why? What is the reason to make the game worse? It's ever more awful online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
So I walk into the practice gym and start getting up some shots. I get a prompt for some 1-on-1 which was weird because with my camera settings, I didn't see anybody else in the gym. I accept reluctantly because if it's Justice, I'll likely lose 10-0 despite the fact that he's garbage in game. Anyway, it's not Justice. It's Greg Monroe. You can imagine my excitement when I see that this lumbering giant who has built-in commentary about how defense isn't his forte, wants to guard my 6'3 playmaker with a gold ankle breaker badge. Time to put him on skates. Except that didn't happen. No matter what moves I tried, combos, crosses, running start double moves, spins, nothing. Kawhi Leonard, excuse me, Greg Monroe was with me like a conjoined twin.

I mean look at that foot speed. If he played like this in game we'd be undefeated. This game is ridiculous, man.
GREAT POST! This has been my #1 issue the last 2 years. The developers really need to fix this aspect of their game. It is sucking the fun out of the playing experience.

I do agree that it was much better at launch (not great, but not terrible). Maybe the developers will be kind enough to give us that free-flowing game back with one of these updates...
Old 11-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Plumlee held DeRozan in check last night. Switched 3 different times and by the third time I honestly didn't even care. It's not fun. It's the unfortunate reality of 2K basketball though. The world's best perimeter defense is obviously an accurate representation of NBA basketball, right? Otherwise the devs wouldn't do it, right? Surely the physics we see in game are what it's like in an actual NBA game, we just haven't experienced it so obviously we wouldn't know.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #8
Banned

jax01's Arena

All you gotta do is change your camera angle to 2K. the angle in the video you're not seeing the space being created enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »