Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

davez's Arena

OVR: 1
Post Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

Post any of your feature requests for MyGM, MyLEAGUE, or MyLEAGUE Online (basically, the franchise modes) for NBA 2K18 here.

Please no questions, as I won't likely have time to respond. Just keep it to feature ideas or change/update requests that you'd like us to do in order to start building a bridge to the future in order to make franchise great again and again and again...

I will constantly be checking this throughout the development cycle for new ideas (makes my job easier ), so it's never too late to post something (though, depending on the size of the request and the timing, it may be too late to get it into 2K18).
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

Player Progression
A "potential attributes" feature. If not going all out by giving every attribute its own potential rating. At least break them into categories (shooting, playmaking, defense, etc) based on letter grade.

In the letter grade system the individual attributes would progress up until they reach a number that is in the scale for that letter grade (A+,A, etc.)

I am in favor of giving every attribute its on potential rating however (with the new quick edit feature it wouldnt too time consuming). Now you can calculate the potential overall rating using the actual potential attribute ratings. This will help differentiate the development of guys. You can have guys develop into D-Wade vs Klay Thompson (guys with high overall but different skill sets)

I think that you could use potential ratings to help with free agent contract demands and roster logic. Would also open the door for a better scouting system when it comes to the draft. You could have text that tells you how high a guy's potentials are and how close he is to those potentials.

This feature would give more life to MyLeague going forward. scouting the draft would be more fun. Also it would help guys of similar positions progressing in the same fashion since they would all progress to their potential ratings.

Last edited by Baebae32; 12-13-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Here's what I've got for now.....

1) The ability to add player mid-MyLeague/MyGm - self-explanatory, but just like you can import a rookie class let us import a player. Also, if we could copy a player over another player that would be helpful as well.

2) Ability to edit the looks of a prospect in-season - I would love to see the ability to edit the looks of prospects after importing a draft class or even in the middle of a season. Also, I'd love to add or remove tattoos, headbands, etc.

3) In-Game Advanced Rotation - Give us access to advanced rotations in-game. That we have a player in foul trouble or are in a blowout or simply want to rest a player for a game without messing up our normal rotation we can do so easily.

4) Create-A-Staff - Coach, Assistant Coach, GM. Let us create them with the same editor (or similar) that we have for create-a-player... let us change their attributes, badges, etc. Let us share them.

5) Some sort of D-League integration - I get that D-League may not be popular enough for the full league to return, but adding something as a placeholder would be suitable for me. Something where you could store players, that generates stats (similar to the prospects college stats) and you watch them progress (or not).

6) More League/Expansion customization - Let us take away or add divisions. Whether we want our leagues in two divisions or one giant league.

7) More re-branding customization - Let us create new uniforms or arena's while keeping the old uniforms as alternates or at least add alternate unis to what we currently have.

8) More city/team names added for Pre-Built Expansion Teams - I'm sure that this may have something to do with commentary, but if we could have more cities and team names, then have the ability to mix and match them that would be very cool.

These last two might be a little ambitious:

9) A combined MyLeague/MyGm Mode - I like both modes, but I am mainly a MyLeague player now. I would like MyGm better if I could have more say over certain moves. Basically, I want options to pick and choose while features I want out of both modes.

10) Past prospect rookie ratings templates for creating new prospects - What I would like is for past templates for past rookies (as many as possible). So if I wanted to create a rookie Micheal Jordan, then his template is already in the game and all I have to do is select it. Or if I want to start with a Jordan base and change certain things, then I could edit whatever I wanted. Example: If I wanted to make Harry Giles with the same attributes as a rookie Chris Webber, but Giles isn't as good of a passer as Webber was, then I would create Giles, select Webber and lower his passing and adjust whatever I wanted to adjust.

... more to come later I'm sure.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 12-08-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Pro

Free Agency
Would also like to see free agents make contract demands based on how much money is available in total. Compound all of the cap space into one pool and then guys should be ranked by position and by where they are in the league. (79 OVR, 3rd best Center, 31st Overall). This Center would request money based on how much money is available in the league and based on his power ranking so to speak. He could make more money than a guys who is 80 OVR, 11 best PG, 30th Overall) potentially because the center is more valuable relative to his position

This will help with guys not requesting enough money because their overall isnt at a certain threshold. Guys will be paid relative to how good they are to their peers.
Will help create guys that get overpaid because of a weak free agent market.

Sub Logic
The advanced rotation was great and outside of the AI not being able to create individual sub patterns (which is totally understandable) it is a monumental addition if a user decides to go through the entire league and do it themselves. However injuries and foul trouble are a hassle to deal with. So how about a depth chart for each position. This would give the AI a reference point for who to replace a player with (especially for in game foul trouble. Injuries are a different beast that require a lot more brainstorming)

Last edited by Baebae32; 12-08-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

1. More storylines involving the rivalries mechanic. It would be great if this was deeper. At the moment, all I feel is a line of commentary. Ill have a think about what can be added.

2. Progressive fatigue needs to be a thing. We should really feel players struggling on the 2nd night of a b2b.

3. A home court advantage mechanic. I started a thread on it and there were some good ideas.

4. The ability to export rosters from within a ML/MyGM. Im editing as I go in ML, I'd love the ability to save that roster to my HD and be able to use it elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

-Option to manually choose allstars, award recipients, HOF inductees

-Ability to change a team's 'team state' in MyLEAGUE.

-Ticker should be able to be seen in game

-Option to delete old all-time stats (was an option on last gen)

-Ability to turn off contract negotiations for Staff in MyLeague (30 team control)

-Some kind of homecourt advantage (at least in the playoffs) like Dirk said above and option to edit crowd chants, playoff shirts
Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Stout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
-Option to manually choose allstars, award recipients, HOF inductees

-Ability to change a team's 'team state' in MyLEAGUE.

-Ticker should be able to be seen in game

-Option to delete old all-time stats (was an option on last gen)

-Ability to turn off contract negotiations for Staff in MyLeague (30 team control)

-Some kind of homecourt advantage (at least in the playoffs) like Dirk said above and option to edit crowd chants, playoff shirts
I second all of this. The ticker needs to be a must at this point, especially when it was in older games (NBA 2K10 I know definitely had the ticker).
Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

1. I want you guys fix things which are already in the game! It's most important thing! We need:

- Solid Roster logic for AI. It's still struggles to understand what it really needs and why.
- Re-worked trade logic. AI only wants more from you, but does not really understand how it's gonna use that "more".
- AI doing trades during NBA Draft is honeslty disaster. Needs to be looked again.
- Players should ask real amount of money for them.
- Contested shot rating should not drop for almost whole league every season for no reason!

- Maybe add voice for ticker, I'm sure it will give life to it.
- Top 10 of week/10 introduced in 2k18? Let AI generate plays based on players ratings and tendencies. It's my brilliant idea and it will take this modes to another level. It will solve problem like if you in a vacuum when playing this modes.
- Players trying to team up to be able to stop GS and Cavs. Would cool and fun. We need challenge in this modes.

Russian roulette potential system, every year some unexpected players making good progress. What if game randomly would give every two month 4 attribute and potential boost to a two players in a random teams which ratings are below 75. Would be really cool and change things in an interesting manner.

More customization for MYGM. There are some really good features in there, but general flaws of this modes drive all sim players crazy when you can't control bad trades, for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »