Home

Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why

Sports games have a certain responsibility to perform regular upkeep on their game modes. There’s an...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18's Connected Franchise Mode Comes Up Short: Here's Why

Well said. We do need an overhaul to the mode. They really should start from scratch. I do enjoy some of their innovations, like play the moments and stuff, but the meat is not there. Anyhow, I am curious what they mean when they say that they want to sync the franchise features with NBA Live? These are two different sports, some franchise aspects can be similar, but there should be a lot of differences. I am concerned about that

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 08-24-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I tried to start a franchise during the EA Access trial and found myself bored of it before I ever started a game. Too much of it looks exactly the same as it has been for years now. It's disappointing because I really like the graphics and gameplay.*The lack of attention to CFM is why I decided to skip the game this year. I don't even want to get it used anymore.*
Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 PM   #4
Just started!

A Madden Frachise Mode hasn’t been great since it left ps3 & next Gen. Madden franchise was great when allowed you to hire/fire Head Coaches, Coordinators, all while still letting you rebuild a new stadium or even relocate. EA purchased the 2k series years ago, while everyone was excited about the move thinking we’d be getting better features along with the better graphics etc. only to be let down. Meanwhile the 2k series in basketball is STILL outdoing any EA game to date, implementing all the perfect features to make you My Player/GM/Frachise Mode as close to realism there is. Madden Franchise won’t ever be the same unless it’s an actual gamer to begin creating the Mode. 2k series football had ESPN segments with Chris Berhman before drafting or even before a game began, while in gameplay it would show highlights from other games going on if you’re in franchise mode, it was the best you can ever ask for out a sports game. Here we are years later and Madden is still failing to satisfy buyers. The graphics and gameplay is cool but people expect more with the game modes. 2k basketball series let’s you download draft classes that someone may have created while in your season or just save them after download and meanwhile in Madden it’s no way, you have to settle for unknown players and go thru an editing process. It’s ridiculous!!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
Just started!

scmurph44's Arena

The loss of the NCAA Football series killed CFM for me. *If they would allow the downloading of community created draft classes (like the 2K basketball series) that could change my mind.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #6
Rookie

mark24_7's Arena

couldn't have said it better myself. When does this Madden and NFL agreement expire. I'm so tired of EA
Old 08-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

EA need to find someone else for working on Franchise Mode in NBA live. *John White and his team should do overhauled on CFM in Madden 19

there are alot missing things for Madden's CFM*

realistic storylines
full coaching staffs : assistant coach, offense, defense and special team coordinators
team chemistry and morales
option for open roof *to allow rain or snow come inside stadium like Colts, Cardinals and Cowboys
team expansion with build new stadium on any cities
New CFM UI menu

Old 08-24-2017, 01:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2
As someone who is not interested in playing the CPU this mode is dead to me. As soon as they give me ability to send a friends invite from the team selection screen (or otherwise give me the ability to play a human when playing against non-human controlled teams) I will never play this mode. Me and my buddy couldn't even "Share Play" this mode and play each other....which to us is really bizarre considering you can hot seat and take control of the other team. It's unfortunate because if we could play each other (while online or via share play) it would be the only mode we play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »