Home

The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3

This is a discussion on The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3

I've been lurking in all of these topics for the past week and aggregating all of the feedback that the people want answers to. In this thread I will post the consensus list of everything we want changed or addressed, collectively. The format will also be easier to read than some of the other "final thoughts" threads.

To be clear: this is NOT my opinion. This list is a compilation of things that were popular and not easily/commonly disputed. The hope is to make it easy for the developers to sort through the mud.

- Stamina needs to effect fighter's ability to move and throw strikes. (This does not mean they need to be sitting ducks, only that they show the signs of fatigue).

- Head movement needs to be more reliable in regards to input lag and dodging. (Fighters should be able to smoothly move their head and throw their counter shot without standing still because of the input lag. Sways and ducks also do not properly dodge strikes at the moment. You will often get hit even though you correctly predicted the right sway angle).

- Jab - Body Kick needs to be nerfed. (Right now it's easy to pull off even when the opponent is pressuring you. Perhaps remove the hard combo or simply slow down the subsequent kick).

- Blocking needs to be faster. (This goes hand in hand with the body kick combo. Blocks just aren't fast enough even when you know the strike is coming. The body block particularly it seems).

- Fighters should have a basic swathe of submissions. (Everyone knows how to do a guillotine, an armbar, and a rear naked choke for example. Proficiency in regards to move levels is a different story).

- Missing/throwing strikes should have significantly more penalty on stamina. (Currently players are able to throw over 100 strikes per round. We get that this is a game and we don't want to slow down too much, but increasing the stamina penalty for throwing a lot of strikes will slow the pace in a good way).

- Balance the stamina/damage system to go for more rounds. (Right now it seems like no one is making it to a decision when it goes for five rounds. By the end of the second round everyone is already banged up and ready to be finished. Imagine when the clock switches to realistic. Keep the vulnerability frames, tune the damage and stamina).

- Nate Diaz. (I'm sure we all know this issue well enough by now. GPD seems to think it has something to do with his perks but, his 1-2 is ridiculous. I trust you guys to take a good hard look at him).

- Finish the fight should be a tad more frequent, but also more survivable. (This makes the FtF submissions viable).

- Ground and pound should break through blocks. (Right now full mount is a joke. The block break system should be implemented here).

- TKO finishes when the opponent blocks without improving position on the ground. (It was in last year and shouldn't have been removed).

- Striking power and speed should be divided back into left/right and punch/kick. (We're pretty much all in agreement that this change was a bad idea).

- KO zoom after fights needs to go. (This is a presentation issue. Everyone agrees the zoom is tacky and breaks immersion. Maybe add the "shadface" to KOed fighters if we're gonna keep this).

- The new camera affects gameplay. (If possible, have the classic UFC 2 camera angle as the default for online play. People can actually game the camera angles to survive a rock or stall out gameplay at this point. The dynamic camera also causes problems with button input directions. Not to mention, it's also super nauseating).

- Straight punches shouldn't still keep their stopping power at elbow/clinch range. (This is something in the deep dive I was looking forward to, but in practice doesn't seem to have worked. Straight punches have a different animation when up close, but still retain the same properties as when throw at proper range. The reach balances mentioned in the deep dive don't work as described).

If anyone has others that I've missed that pretty much everyone can agree on, let me know and I'll edit this list.

I also want to note that while somethings are clear bugs or something that we all agree on, I won't add small things or glitches to the list. This is about gameplay mechanics AND also needs to be concise to the major changes we want, we can't clutter it. I won't be adding anything about Ultimate Team either. This is reserved for the main gameplay systems.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 12-04-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: The Concise and Definitive List of Requests for UFC 3

Thanks for keeping it nice and concise.

Good list.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #3
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I've been lurking in all of these topics for the past week and aggregating all of the feedback that the people want answers to. In this thread I will post the consensus list of everything we want changed or addressed, collectively. The format will also be easier to read than some of the other "final thoughts" threads.

To be clear: this is NOT my opinion. This list is a compilation of things that were popular and not easily/commonly disputed. The hope is to make it easy for the developers to sort through the mud.

- Stamina needs to effect fighter's ability to move and throw strikes. (This does not mean they need to be sitting ducks, only that they show the signs of fatigue).

- Head movement needs to be more reliable in regards to input lag and dodging. (Fighters should be able to smoothly move their head and throw their counter shot without standing still because of the input lag. Sways and ducks also do not properly dodge strikes at the moment. You will often get hit even though you correctly predicted the right sway angle).

- Jab - Body Kick needs to be nerfed. (Right now it's easy to pull off even when the opponent is pressuring you. Perhaps remove the hard combo or simply slow down the subsequent kick).

- Blocking needs to be faster. (This goes hand in hand with the body kick combo. Blocks just aren't fast enough even when you know the strike is coming. The body block particularly it seems).

- Fighters should have a basic swathe of submissions. (Everyone knows how to do a guillotine, an armbar, and a rear naked choke for example. Proficiency in regards to move levels is a different story).

- Missing/throwing strikes should have significantly more penalty on stamina. (Currently players are able to throw over 100 strikes per round. We get that this is a game and we don't want to slow down too much, but increasing the stamina penalty for throwing a lot of strikes will slow the pace in a good way).

- Balance the stamina/damage system to go for more rounds. (Right now it seems like no one is making it to a decision when it goes for five rounds. By the end of the second round everyone is already banged up and ready to be finished. Imagine when the clock switches to realistic. Keep the vulnerability frames, tune the damage and stamina).

- Nate Diaz. (I'm sure we all know this issue well enough by now. GPD seems to think it has something to do with his perks but, his 1-2 is ridiculous. I trust you guys to take a good hard look at him).

- The ability to only sway a little bit. (loljk this is dumb).

- Finish the fight should be a tad more frequent, but also more survivable. (This makes the FtF submissions viable).

- Ground and pound should break through blocks. (Right now full mount is a joke. The block break system should be implemented here).

- TKO finishes when the opponent blocks without improving position on the ground. (It was in last year and shouldn't have been removed.

- Striking power should be divided back into left/right and punch/kick. (We're pretty much all in agreement that this change was a bad idea).

If anyone has others that I've missed that pretty much everyone can agree on, let me know and I'll edit this list.
K.O Zoom needs to go
Knockout's should be more like UFC 2
Old 12-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #4
Banned

MalformedDC2009's Arena

This seems helpful, but also a bit presumptuous to be the one that knows what everyone agrees on. How about a community list instead, made by a gamechanger taking votes?

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Big Nog moveset/ratings

Level 1 Teep/Push Kick to the body
Level 3 straight
Level 2 hooks
Level 2 Jab
Level 1 Uppercuts
Level 1 Standing Elbow (Mir fight)
Level 1 Standing Body Knee
Insta Muay Thai clinch (used a lot over the course of his career)
Flying guillotine (out of Muay Thai)

98-100 Heart
90+ Chin (Depends on how weight class stacks up)

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 12-04-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
- Jab - Body Kick needs to be nerfed. (Right now it's easy to pull off even when the opponent is pressuring you. Perhaps remove the hard combo or simply slow down the subsequent kick)
I don't agree with this. they should NOT reduce kick speed. too much slow now. It should NOT to be nerfed. I think, Its not OP because body damage is NOT severe. Responsive kick catch can be a good solution, imo.

Body kick is very weak compared with leg kicks but who want is it more nerfed? I don't understand, honestly.

Last edited by tissues250; 12-04-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

Trillz's Arena

IMO:

- stopping power of the jab and straight shouldnt stop you at elbow range.

- Ultimate team base stats for grapplers the takedown stat should be reduced and put into their block instead, they getting easy takedowns atm.

- Practice mode for UT to test out the moves ( not a big deal).

- fix the bugs: Side back mount to full back mount sometimes freezes you and drains all your stamina and nobody can move even during the end of round, you have too leave.

- Submissions: you should lose abit of stamina after every gate you pass to prevent submission spammers spamming like Oliveria vs felder. (doesnt have to be a big amount chip abit away from long term and short term grappling stamina)

- Please give us another option for half guard submissive, its too easy for the top guy to stall with only 2 options and 1 of them easy to deny. Maybe a down option to hold to disrupt the flow at least.

- slightly increase elbow distance

- give everyone a taunt / where are the good gestures like thumps up etc.

- striking speed should be divided aswell into leg and punch

- chin stat depletion should slowy regenerate after a set amount of time if you havent been rocked in that time.

Also th jab body kick is fine but it just cant be punished with a catch so its more of a bug so i just say increase the counter window for that combo.

Last edited by Trillz; 12-04-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalformedDC2009
This seems helpful, but also a bit presumptuous to be the one that knows what everyone agrees on. How about a community list instead, made by a gamechanger taking votes?

Just my thoughts.
A valid opinion, but my thought process was someone has to make this list and I trust myself to not let my personal bias affect it. There are some issues I have with game mechanics I didn't put in because no one else was bringing them up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »