Home

Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19?

This is a discussion on Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Banned

TheGr8Drake28's Arena

OVR: 0
Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19?

Will you guy's be buying NBA 2K19 when it launches or are you going to stick with NBA 2K18 until the price drops around the holidays?
I think I'm going to be sticking to 2K18 for awhile. With the current rosters that you can download it doesn't make much sense to jump ship so quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Pro

Gilley's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19?

Unless something drastic happens, I plan to buy it on release. I'm pleased with what we've heard from the initial impressions, and 2K consistently adds to their game every year, so it's a no brainer for me.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

It's an automatic buy for me every year. I don't play my team or my player so I mostly stay away from the game's flaws

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
It's an automatic buy for me every year. I don't play my team or my player so I mostly stay away from the game's flaws

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Same here, automatic buy. Not into the online stuff though i have dabbled in online head to head a little in the twighlight of 2K18 (and having my MyLeague file corrupted ater upgrading to the Pro). I'm just waiting on the MyLeague blog to preorder. Not sure if it matters but I always put my preorder in the day they release the MyLeague blog as my way of "speaking with my wallet".
Old 07-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Automatic buy. That’s the only way to go bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Drake28
Will you guy's be buying NBA 2K19 when it launches or are you going to stick with NBA 2K18 until the price drops around the holidays?
I think I'm going to be sticking to 2K18 for awhile. With the current rosters that you can download it doesn't make much sense to jump ship so quick.

Its a bit early yet, for me to decide whether I will buy NBA2k19 or stick with 18. I have bought NBA2k every yr since they have made the game, except for NBA2k9. There have been yrs when I have said Im not going to buy it, only to buy it on day 1 anyway,lol.

It will likely depend on where were at financially, likely more than anything. I have enjoyed 18 for the most part, outside of the lack of shooting fouls on 3pt attempts, along with some sim stats in being off in Association modes. Also the CPU lack of calling timeouts needs fixed. Along with the CPU poor management of fouls trouble, especially when using advanced rotations is a major issue, and these things have been a issue for a few yrs now. So its about time the devs get these problems fixed.
Outside of those things being issues, 18 did do some good things, so its not all bad by any means. I do think some tweaking needs done with bigs who arent good rebounders IRL, yet in NBA2k18 they look like Rodman. For instance Myles Turner of the Pacers, is not a good rebounder, IRL, yet grabs them with ease in 2k18. I think part of the problem is the poor rating with both attributes and tendencies. If the people who did the attribute and tendency ratings right, I think this would likely solve the problem, it would definitely improve it a great deal, but there probably needs to be some under the hood tweaks as well to totally fix it.

I may take the wait and see approach this yr, to see if these things have been corrected, but I also know the closer we get to basketball season, and the closer we get to release day for NBA2k19, that it will be hard to resist pre ordering it for early release.

So its easy to say right now, that Im going to wait and see if they have fixed issues from previous versions, only to get caught up in the hype and get it on early release.

I have been able to break myself from getting caught up in the hype with Madden, and I havent bought Madden but once in the past 10 yrs. I also have been able to break myself of the hype of MLBTS, and didnt get it this yr. But for some reason when it comes to NBA2k each yr I give in to the hype, so Im definitely not going to say nope Im not buying it, because I know its likely depending on if we have the money to spare, I will probably get end up getting it day 1,lol.
What will break my weakness for buying in to the hype and getting NBA2k day 1 each yr, will be if they become soley focused on the online play, and this Esports stuff, to where offline modes get ignored and/or do to catering to how the online players play, that it ends up affecting the gameplay against the CPU. There have been yrs when they try to improve gameplay for the online crowd that it has impacted the offline gameplay in a negative way. As I believe thats why there is now a issue with the lack of fouls on 3pt attempts, and it due to them designing it for online play, rather than designing it around the CPU acting in a realistic manner. I may be wrong, as I no nothing about making games, it just seems odd, this use to not be too much of a issue, and now with 18 it was a major issue.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 07-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Its consistently at Redbox day one..

Reserve it, try it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

no thank, i won't go back to play 2k18 due to poor defense on gameplay especially CPU can't stop whoever run all the way to rim by using pick and rolls plays aand tons clipping that made me so crazy while playing. NBA 2k19 is definitely Day One for me : i already pre-ordered NBA 2k19 20th Anniversary Edition on September 7th. can't wait to play with overhauled defense against cpu in Play Now before start My League

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »