Home

Can't make a shot with real FG%

This is a discussion on Can't make a shot with real FG% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't make a shot with real FG%

Is there something wrong with using real FG%. Its nothing but brick city and im playing on pro with the sliders heavily in my favor. I even created a player and gave him all 99s' and he misses almost every shot.. But now the CPU makes everything, even when there's contact.. It also seems like the sliders don't even work. I'm super frustrated because i really wanted to like this game but so far its just horrible. I have played every NBA 2K game made, I have always used real FG% and I have always found a slider set that works for the way I want to play but its looking like this year is a bust. Maybe its back to The Show 19 I go..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can't make a shot with real FG%

For FG% user try

Close 51
Mid 52
3PT 53

and go from there. My friend plays with Real FG% and that's where he settled.

As for CPU , can't tell you ,we tested all values between 45-50 for shooting and it was roughly same result(percentages) , not sure that slider actually working , but i am probably wrong.Maybe offensive consistency...
Old 09-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
Banned

What's real fg % like in park/proam/rec center games?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
Is there something wrong with using real FG%. Its nothing but brick city and im playing on pro with the sliders heavily in my favor. I even created a player and gave him all 99s' and he misses almost every shot.. But now the CPU makes everything, even when there's contact.. It also seems like the sliders don't even work. I'm super frustrated because i really wanted to like this game but so far its just horrible. I have played every NBA 2K game made, I have always used real FG% and I have always found a slider set that works for the way I want to play but its looking like this year is a bust. Maybe its back to The Show 19 I go..
Same thing happen to me. I increased the offensive sliders for the CPU from 30 to 40 on pro. The CPU didn't miss a shot and could not make a shot to save my life. In the second half I used normal pro slides and I made shots. Won the game in a blow out.
Something is wrong with the sliders.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Who plays with real fg %?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 01:01 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillJ
Same thing happen to me. I increased the offensive sliders for the CPU from 30 to 40 on pro. The CPU didn't miss a shot and could not make a shot to save my life. In the second half I used normal pro slides and I made shots. Won the game in a blow out.
Something is wrong with the sliders.
Yeah maybe I'll try default sliders and see what happens.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMA
Who plays with real fg %?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Why would anybody want to play wiith a shot meter? Wouldn't it be more realistic to just push a button and let the players ability dictate whether or not the shot is made?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:38 AM   #8
Rookie

Precisely why I play with Real FG%. I just want it to be more realistic when playing against the CPU. I don't have to let my good (or bad) shooting determine outcomes when it's not meant to be winnable with the players on my team. Forces me to be smarter on kick-outs etc.

However, Real FG% is currently broken on All-Star sliders. The CPU is getting really good animations with the layups (Ben Simmons layup package is really freaking good) which is making it even weirder.

Lebron with his layup animations (while I'm playing him) cannot hit a single layup through contact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »