Home

Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

This is a discussion on Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

Wondering if y'all could share some reviews of rewards players purchased with tokens? I think this is a cool addition to the game, like a better grind than is usually found in these modes. Takes a little focus off the auction house, but seems more reasonable than MLBs tickets.

I'll start by saying that Morris Peterson has done a fine job for me at the 2 and I could see keeping him on my bench for a while after I upgrade that position

Need a PF next. Was looking at Kevin Willis or maybe Rodney Rogers. Not interested in Channing Frye although I get why hes popular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 03:38 AM   #2
Rookie

tdog3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

Mo Pete has been great for me, I still start him and I have a team full of sapphires. Best reward card I've had though is Mike Dunleavey, such a smooth release and can finish at the rack as well. Consistently drops 20 or more each domination game for more.
Old 09-14-2018, 05:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Agree on Peterson. I just got Dunleavy and although it looks a great card I have hard time with high-arched shots, but I'll give him a try.

Rogers or Willis, depends on your game style. Rogers is like a current big man, who can score from different positions, assist and run the fastbreak but a bit undersized, while Willis is more a classic big man with good post game and rebounding but not so much playmaking and athleticism. I enjoy playing with Rogers but sometimes Willis fits better.

I made these two reviews for now:

Last edited by bballcreator; 09-14-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #4
Rookie

Mo Pete is nice, I've enjoyed playing with him.

I also got Emerald James Posey. Classic 3 and D guy, has enough size and strength to defend some of the tougher wings. He has an unconventional release but it seems to be effective at beating close contests (though I think someone jumping to block it could do a decent job).
Old 09-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Willis is a beast in the post. Lobs, dunks, etc. Can work well at center too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 05:51 AM   #6
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I buy Sam Perkins as my first card in every 2K since 2K15 as they have kept his animations exactly the same ever since, and he's always my stretch 4 for the majority of the first few months of the game.

I love how quick his shot is, and he can also post up too... pick and fades with him have won me SO many games over the past few years, especially against youngins who have no idea who he is lol.

His emerald reward card this year is awesome as always.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Eddie Jones - This card is amazing. Great defense, great shooting, can handle the ball and can dunk. I don't see myself taking him out of my lineup anytime soon.

Shumpert - Another great card. Can dunk, great defender and can hit the 3 ball.

Morris Peterson - I like this card but this guy is the king of long twos. Dude never spots up for threes. Don't know if it's his jumpshot or what.

Pippen - Great defender of course and hits a ton of greens for me despite not having the highest shooting ratings.

Jay Williams - Another great card. Can pass, dunk (a little), and shoot.

Jared Jeffries - This card is a beast defensively and can spot up for three.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:58 PM   #8
Rookie

So far I've gone with David West and James Posey with my first two picks because i didn't have a PF and no SF depth. Poseys D and three ball have been beneficial and West is a good player to come off the bench since i got Malone.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »